"McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 04:18 PM
"McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"
Horray for common sense and personal liberty. Let's stop blaming McDonalds and big guzzle sodas for our problems and grow the heck upRolleyes We don't need government regulations to save us from our selves...

Scientific process for the win Thumbsup

http://screen.yahoo.com/popular/science-...37570.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like crazylikeyou's post
04-01-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: "McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"
What seemed to be a mere footnote to the story was that he started walking 45 minutes per day. Had he not done that, I wonder what the results would have been?

Or would have eaten himself into a McHeartattack?

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
04-01-2014, 04:47 PM
(04-01-2014 04:23 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  What seemed to be a mere footnote to the story was that he started walking 45 minutes per day. Had he not done that, I wonder what the results would have been?

Or would have eaten himself into a McHeartattack?
I don't think they glossed over the walking at all. I think it makes their point even more damning. Proves that as long as you do bare min. exercise, and watch your calorie intake, you can be healthy no matter what you eat.

No blaming fast food... It's all about moderation.
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
04-01-2014, 04:58 PM
A few decades ago I could understand people blaming X or Y for their waistline. But nowadays everyone knows better than to smoke and eat nothing but cheeseburgers.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
I never trust anything that simplifies some health related issue with a "it's just a choice" or something like that. I understand we can chose to have healthier habits, but that simplification leads automatically to blaming people, and that not only doesn't help but it completely disregards the fact that addictions are hard to fight, even food addiction.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
04-01-2014, 05:28 PM
(04-01-2014 05:19 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I never trust anything that simplifies some health related issue with a "it's just a choice" or something like that. I understand we can chose to have healthier habits, but that simplification leads automatically to blaming people, and that not only doesn't help but it completely disregards the fact that addictions are hard to fight, even food addiction.

Well it's definitely not McDonald's fault. Tongue They just provided cheap food to a public who wanted cheap food. Supply and demand. I mean, nobody blames Playboy for men being attracted to sexy women.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
04-01-2014, 05:33 PM
(04-01-2014 05:28 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 05:19 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I never trust anything that simplifies some health related issue with a "it's just a choice" or something like that. I understand we can chose to have healthier habits, but that simplification leads automatically to blaming people, and that not only doesn't help but it completely disregards the fact that addictions are hard to fight, even food addiction.

Well it's definitely not McDonald's fault. Tongue They just provided cheap food to a public who wanted cheap food. Supply and demand. I mean, nobody blames Playboy for men being attracted to sexy women.

Actually everyone blames media for creating false standards for women (and men) bodies. Playboy is just one of them.

But yeah, McDonalds doesn't make you fat magically, that's good to know Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
04-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Tell me people don't sue McDonalds for weight gain????? **scared look** Lie to me if you have to.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-01-2014, 05:35 PM
(04-01-2014 05:34 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Tell me people don't sue McDonalds for weight gain????? **scared look** Lie to me if you have to.

Shhhh Hug it'll all be ok Laugh out load .... Maybe Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
04-01-2014, 05:36 PM
(04-01-2014 05:34 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Tell me people don't sue McDonalds for weight gain????? **scared look** Lie to me if you have to.

*cough*
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/20/c...rger.bill/

[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post