"McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: "McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"
There aren't any healthy fast food places, and it bothers a lazy guy like me every day at lunch.

Why can't I just go down the street and get some steamed veggies, quinoa, and lean meat of some kind?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 07:20 PM
(04-01-2014 07:12 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  There aren't any healthy fast food places, and it bothers a lazy guy like me every day at lunch.

Why can't I just go down the street and get some steamed veggies, quinoa, and lean meat of some kind?

I always crave Chipotle when I am out and hungry. Its totally my kind of meal (rice, beans, guac, cheese, salsa etc all mixed together)

It's expensive though Dodgy
04-01-2014, 07:24 PM
When McDonalds starts chasing people down and stuffing fries down their throats, then I think people can sue them. Until then...where and what you choose to eat is on you.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I smoke 20 cigarets a day and when I get cancer I will not blame the tobaco company for that.

Everyone knows that we have to take personal responsibility for what we shove or inhale down our throats.

But the factos of personal responsibility does not mean that we should ignore or not research the effects that the things we consume have on us.

In fact ignoring whatever effect consumer products may have is outrigh iresponsible.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
05-01-2014, 07:03 AM
(04-01-2014 05:33 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Actually everyone blames media for creating false standards for women (and men) bodies. Playboy is just one of them.

That's not even close to what I said.

(04-01-2014 07:27 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  But the factos of personal responsibility does not mean that we should ignore or not research the effects that the things we consume have on us.

In fact ignoring whatever effect consumer products may have is outrigh iresponsible.

I don't think anybody is saying we shouldn't do the research. I think it's more a focus on "after we know for sure and you still keep doing it, you deserve the consequences."

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
05-01-2014, 07:45 AM
I'd like to sue Coca Cola and Starbucks now because I have a caffeine addiction.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Mc Donalds in Germany had to go through a image campain in the past 3 years.

Before that it had the reputation of paying amplyees low wages and treating them badly, aswel as selling low quality food and not being very customer friendly.

Now Mc Donalds pays liveable wages and people who work there can get further education in the service sector, the food is edable, the restaurants have been made comfortable and they have very great breakfest ereas.

They had to go through that because customers were running away.

So what we thing of companies really influences them. At least it does here. Amazon.com for exmaple recently got into trouble in Germany for hireing neo nazis as security personel to watch over workers, public outrage forced them to change that.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
05-01-2014, 08:41 AM
An aside:
The McDs in China are the best fast food joint around. They're 100x better than the ones in the states in just about every way.
05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
(05-01-2014 08:41 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  An aside:
The McDs in China are the best fast food joint around. They're 100x better than the ones in the states in just about every way.

Just curious. Why?
05-01-2014, 09:20 AM
(05-01-2014 09:05 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 08:41 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  An aside:

Just curious. Why?

They change their specials regularly and a lot of them cater to local tastes, which makes for some interesting burgers. The prep is a lot nicer and the atmosphere is like putting America's best foot forward. It's a place you could sit in and relax instead of gagging at the smell/roaches. And even though nobody cleans up after themselves, it's cleaner. There are employees hanging around just waiting for you to get up and leave because their only job is to wipe the table after you.