"McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: "McDonald's Makes You Fat--SUE 'EM"
(05-01-2014 09:20 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 09:05 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  Just curious. Why?

They change their specials regularly and a lot of them cater to local tastes, which makes for some interesting burgers. The prep is a lot nicer and the atmosphere is like putting America's best foot forward. It's a place you could sit in and relax instead of gagging at the smell/roaches. And even though nobody cleans up after themselves, it's cleaner. There are employees hanging around just waiting for you to get up and leave because their only job is to wipe the table after you.

Yeah, we try to make McD's "cool" here in the US by adding a couple of comfy chairs in the middle of the restaurant behind the vending machines, serving coffee, and adding wi-fi. It's like they are trying to be like starbucks or something Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 09:29 AM
I have a coworker who eats food from McDonalds every day. Usually a giant box of 'chicken' nuggets. He can't seem to figure out why he constantly has digestive problems. Blink

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Attention to detail. In China western fast food is treated as it if were real food. Something you would go out to eat. Maybe something you would get dressed up to go out and eat.

Here fast food is more like a human vending machine. You don't expect anything good. You could go in your pyjamas and not look out of place. You eat it because it's convenient and your wife is pregnant or on her period and just wants those damn onion rings even though you know she'll regret it 20 minutes later. It's where you go when your kids are sending you mad and you just want to put them out in a playground for a while before they go to bed to work off some of the crazy.

That said I generally make a point of sticking to Chinese food while in China. It's not like there is any lack of variety to be had. But when I come home via Hong Kong I have to have a Big Mac in the airport there. It's protocol.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
05-01-2014, 09:33 AM
(05-01-2014 09:30 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Attention to detail. In China western fast food is treated as it if were real food. Something you would go out to eat. Maybe something you would get dressed up to go out and eat.

Here fast food is more like a human vending machine. You don't expect anything good. You could go in your pyjamas and not look out of place. You eat it because it's convenient and your wife is pregnant or on her period and just wants those damn onion rings even though you know she'll regret it 20 minutes later. It's where you go when your kids are sending you mad and you just want to put them out in a playground for a while before they go to bed to work off some of the crazy.

o my god, this made me laugh. I'm pregnant and our poor bank account is having a hard time keeping up with my cravings.

and I can totally relate to the kid-bit too.
[+] 1 user Likes crazylikeyou's post
05-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Hooray for personal responsibility Big Grin

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
05-01-2014, 09:18 PM
(05-01-2014 09:30 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Attention to detail. In China western fast food is treated as it if were real food. Something you would go out to eat. Maybe something you would get dressed up to go out and eat.

That said I generally make a point of sticking to Chinese food while in China. It's not like there is any lack of variety to be had. But when I come home via Hong Kong I have to have a Big Mac in the airport there. It's protocol.

Yes! Thanks for the assist, you said it way better than me! Though I opt for Burger King over McDs (and of course if you're in China you should be eating Chinese food!). Actually, in response to your first paragraph, Pizza Hut here really is a sit down restaurant. It's like fancy date night food over here. Blows my mind haha