Me and Tatian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Me and Tatian
(01-01-2015 10:03 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 02:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  TTA is not your personal ad venue. Stop spamming TTA with your garbage.

BB, when they make you Admin, I will leave the forum.
Bowing

Until then stop speaking for TTA, because you don't represent it very well. If you ever do represent it, then I don't want to be part of it.

You're like a religious cross-dresser, you're a religious transvestite. You put on the clothes of an atheist but underneath you're this seething fundamental religionist. You hate free speech, you hate Christians, you hate everything as near as I can tell from your posts. You're a dysfunctional person. Hobo

That's really quite rich, coming from you. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-01-2015, 10:14 AM
(01-01-2015 02:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  TTA is not your personal ad venue. Stop spamming TTA with your garbage.

Bowing

Until then stop speaking for TTA, because you don't represent it very well. If you ever do represent it, then I don't want to be part of it.

You're like a religious cross-dresser, you're a religious transvestite. You put on the clothes of an atheist but underneath you're this seething fundamental religionist. You hate free speech, you hate Christians, you hate everything as near as I can tell from your posts. You're a dysfunctional person. Hobo

When all else fails - change direction.

[Image: bieber-and-the-church-lady_o_GIFSoupcom_zpsfc4583b6.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-01-2015, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 12:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)

Bowing

Well you're not a Christian, as you yourself have said. So why would that make any difference to you ?
Unlike you, I would never in a million years want to be an Admin here. I'd have to stop swearing. Tongue
You've left many times before, no doubt your unstable personality and ever-changing standards and tantrums and nut-case iterations will have you leaving again and returning again. You change on a daily basis. You meet NOT one of the criteria TTA was set up. I'll speak of TTA whenever I damn please. Your projection of your own hate-filled personality onto others reveals your own self-hate every time you speak of atheists and your presumptuous assertions about them.
Yes I'm so dysfunctional. Thumbsup Like you know ANYTHING about my life. At least I'm not comparing myself to Tatian or other ancient historical personage, and assertion how "special" I am. Yeah Gordo. You're SO "special". So very special. You BEGGED to be an Admin or Vet at TTA, something which will never happen. I never said I represent TTA. Clearly something about this makes you very uncomfortable, as you KNOW you are "using" TTA unethically, as no one else will have you ? How do I know all this. Cuz "Me and Alexander the Great" (Oh and you never once used the word "religionist" until I did. You are SOOOO suggestible"). Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-01-2015, 10:32 AM
You really need to so something about the name. How about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Catholic_Bible
You could pull a Hubbard and put in some more sci-fi themes than previous versions. A gospel for the modern age. Right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
01-01-2015, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 10:56 AM by Gordon.)
(01-01-2015 07:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  I do still find it ironic how you are/were a mental health nurse gordon.

Which sounds harsh, but it isnt as you have self admittedly said god communicates with you in the past. How do you know that these communications are not delusions?

Sadly, I had a nice long response to this, which I totally wiped out. So, I'll take that as a sign to respond in a more concise manner:

Delusions are typically of a paranoid or grandiose nature. You all think I'm being grandiose by me saying God talks to me. I think you're all spiritually dead because you can't hear His communications to you.

Which means I'm not grandiose--not if I think all people can and should have the same experience as me. In other words, I don't think I'm special. I think you're lacking, but I don't have something you can't have, too. Something you should have.

Quote:From your proffesional point of view what would you think if there was somebody exactly like you living now, who has the same communications with god, who writes a book and starts a forum about his perpsective of christianity..... that totally contradicts your book/faith???

Who would be considered "mad" then?

If they were intelligent, zealous, clear in their writing (which means they are clear in their thinking), I'd study them and engage them.

If God doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter if I'm mad, nor is their any virtue in being sane. The greatest meaning in life atheism offers is that we should continue our genetic material from organism to organism. But even that is a lie as it is diluted in only a few generations. If that is the truth--if that really is all there is to life--then my mental health is irrelevant. As is yours.

But if I'm right... [Image: umm%20(2).gif]

I love this video feat. Sarah McLachlan. It's a song called "Building a Mystery." The protagonist is talking about a guy she is in love with whom she thinks is mad with religious delusions. But the way the video ends is really cool. I've always found it inspiring.

[+] 1 user Likes Gordon's post
01-01-2015, 11:00 AM
(01-01-2015 10:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  You all think I'm being grandiose by me saying God talks to me. I think you're all spiritually dead because you can't hear His communications to you.

Yet here you are. You need attention, so here you are in the middle of the very people you call "spiritually dead". Clearly you NEED to fell superior. Typically that stems from a deep inferiority. You know that. Everyone knows that.

(01-01-2015 10:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Which means I'm not grandiose--not if I think all people can and should have the same experience as me. In other words, I don't think I'm special. I think you're lacking, but I don't have something you can't have, too. Something you should have.

Yet you MUST continue to hang around those you continually out down and cclaim you are superior to. You ARE grandiose. You are delusional.

(01-01-2015 10:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  If God doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter if I'm mad, nor is their any virtue in being sane. The greatest meaning in life atheism offers is that we should continue our genetic material from organism to organism. But even that is a lie as it is diluted in only a few generations. If that is the truth--if that really is all there is to life--then my mental health is irrelevant. As is yours.

You cannot accept there is no Santa as your childish brain cannot escape its childish patterns, and develop adult values. We get that. Thumbsup
Cuz "Me and Alexander the Great".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-01-2015, 11:03 AM
(01-01-2015 10:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  If God doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter if I'm mad, nor is their any virtue in being sane. The greatest meaning in life atheism offers is that we should continue our genetic material from organism to organism. But even that is a lie as it is diluted in only a few generations. If that is the truth--if that really is all there is to life--then my mental health is irrelevant. As is yours.

+1 for Sarah McLachlan. But as for the rest, you are speaking in exactly the kind of absolutes that make me fear for the literary merit of your work. You have to work in some subtlety of tone. When you say "If God doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter if I'm mad" you can put those words into the mouth of your character but you also need a token sceptic character to say something like "What you mean is that you refuse to contemplate the consequences of your actions if noone is watching and judging them.". Start the work with the religious madman seeming mad due to his irrational baseless beliefs but work through a series of reveals until it is confirmed that the sceptic's conclusion was wrong despite her applying correct analysis at every step along the way based on the information available to her. Let the madman be correct despite following no reasonable process to reach his conclusions. Some of Bobo's recent posts should serve as good source material for this story arc.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
01-01-2015, 11:34 AM
(01-01-2015 11:03 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  +1 for Sarah McLachlan. But as for the rest, you are speaking in exactly the kind of absolutes that make me fear for the literary merit of your work.

Then, Hafnof, don't read it. Don't distress yourself with it.

Quote:You have to work in some subtlety of tone. When you say "If God doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter if I'm mad" you can put those words into the mouth of your character but you also need a token sceptic character to say something like "What you mean is that you refuse to contemplate the consequences of your actions if noone is watching and judging them.". Start the work with the religious madman seeming mad due to his irrational baseless beliefs but work through a series of reveals until it is confirmed that the sceptic's conclusion was wrong despite her applying correct analysis at every step along the way based on the information available to her. Let the madman be correct despite following no reasonable process to reach his conclusions. Some of Bobo's recent posts should serve as good source material for this story arc.

Sorry, dude. This is nonfiction. Drinking Beverage
01-01-2015, 11:50 AM
(01-01-2015 02:03 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Probably another month and the 2015 version of the VGJC will be released.

[Image: 30e6ba1140dbcf1ab669c4df2fbaf8dd.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
01-01-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm just gonna go on record here with my personal opinion on something.....

Saying Bucky doesn't speak for the forum is absurd. He is one of our most intelligent and well spoken members, who researches his arguments and applies excellent logic and reasoning. I think it's very safe to say, in many ways, Bucky speaks for this forum more than most.

Bucky has a very low tolerance for bullshit, and a slightly over-sensitive spam detector, but he'd still make the short list of people who I would say represent this forum and its members.

But then, what do I know?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post