Me and Tatian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Me and Tatian
(01-01-2015 12:32 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I realize your forum has a lot of members, but only a handful participate. I've gone back 2, 3 years, and it's the same characters. People stop by, no doubt, but they see how Bucky Ball, your boy, acts, and they don't participate.

If you need some stupid haven for atheists who can't stand up to debate and religious ideas, then make the forum for atheists who can't stand up.

You seem to mistaken many people's low boredom threshold with an inability to "stand up".

You see, there's only so much wilful ignorance and speciousness that most people can put up with. Any discussion between you and I, for example, I see as pointless simply because you have the debating skills of a truculent 5 yr old. When it is impossible to agree even on the rules for debate designed to ensure high quality critical thinking and mutual respect, meaningful discussion becomes unlikely. When augmented with your intellectual dishonesty and wilful avoidance of any challenge, debate not only becomes impossible, it becomes impossible.

As for Bucky Ball, as a new member of this forum, I find his combination of courage, combative style, wit and intelligence a(and that of many others here, too many to mention) as a major draw.

That I stay here is despite your energy-sapping iintervention.

Finally, don't dare to speak for me: nobody else here does.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:20 PM by Vosur.)
You know what this forum is missing? A Christian section. What if a forum had three parts, a christian section, an atheist section, and in the middle, a debate section. I mean, I know forums are supposed to be dying and all, but you can't do that with Facebook.

As I was jogging, that came to me (Yes, today was a short workout. I'm very upset over what's happened in here today. I ran for 15 minutes, stretched, kicked a little, and said "fuck it.").

My problem is I don't know if I have the stomach for it. But then the God spoke to me and said, "I do." And then the words of Christ came to me, "Be perfect, even as God is perfect."

And then I was shown that Veridicanism will die if it has no home among those interested in religion.

Not to mention a couple of people have actually joined my forum for some unknown fucking reason. I mean, I'll be the first to admit, the thing is just a shell right now. It serves no real purpose at this point.

What if I ditched the cross, called it the Veridican, and made it like that tripartite kind of thing?

See, because people want to debate, I think, but they have to have their safe zones. I'm different. I don't have to have a safe zone. God is my safe zone. But that's an anomaly. Yet that means, I have to let atheists be atheists. I have to be their admin as much as I am the Christians admin. And I don't know if I have the stomach for it. But then isn't it fair to say that one of the differences between Jesus and the Pharisees was that Jesus could sit and eat with the sinners?

I always admired Stark for his impartiality, which is why I liked this forum. But that's impartiality is over. Stark has taken sides in 2015. He has made this place a mere haven for atheists.

And maybe that's what it always was, even though it used to be a place for real free speech. But who wants a haven for atheism? No one. People want to talk about what they believe. And I know that's true, because my posts are alive as long as I keep them alive, but a new guy comes to the Intro section talking this and that about how he wants to tell his religious parents how he is now a fucking atheist and he's worried they may cut off his tuition, and it gets 14 responses and sinks.

Well, I'm going to see if I can build a better mousetrap.

I may have to do some server work. [Link removed] should go directly to the forum.

Hell, this could be fun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM
(01-01-2015 02:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I didn't insert myself into the conversation as the admin. I inserted myself into the conversation as a forum member.

Wake up call! You're not a fucking forum member if your name is in green and it says Stark Raving. I don't have to tell you that. You're a much more experienced admin than me. Facepalm

Quote:As for a response.....Ed, we've known each other for years now. I've always handled you like a child when you decide its tantrum time. What makes you think this instance is any different? Now off to your room! You need a time out!

Here's what I have to say to that!

01-01-2015, 03:13 PM
(01-01-2015 10:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 02:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's remarkable that satan manages to constantly get away with so many antics of which gawd is always stated to disapprove, but the level of response or reciprocation always seems to be nil.

Consider

Satan doesn't get away with it. God uses Satan; he always has. [Image: pickteeth.gif]

If Gawd allows Satan to do shit, why blame satan on his own? Blaming the sorry state of the Bibal on Satan alone is like blaming the workers who were tossing hammers at each other's heads and not blaming the site manager who wilfully allowed it to happen.

(01-01-2015 01:21 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 12:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Buh bye. Sure you were. You have no audience there, just like you have nothing on your idiot site.

BB, you of all people should know, as soon as I open my mouth, I have an audience.

It would not surprise me if that outside of this very forum, your claim would ring hollow; just have to look at your forum for that, and I'm sure your website's data would back up the point that you don't get an audience simply because you open your mouth.
You get attention here because you amuse us and already have a reputation for crazy.
It must be said that there is something morbidly entertaining about watching what seems to be a spiral into madness. I don't know about anybody else here, but I'm waiting to see if, when and how you go off the deep end again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-01-2015, 03:18 PM
(01-01-2015 03:13 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It would not surprise me if that outside of this very forum, your claim would ring hollow; just have to look at your forum for that, and I'm sure your website's data would back up the point that you don't get an audience simply because you open your mouth.
You get attention here because you amuse us and already have a reputation for crazy.
It must be said that there is something morbidly entertaining about watching what seems to be a spiral into madness. I don't know about anybody else here, but I'm waiting to see if, when and how you go off the deep end again.

Nope, it's the same way on Facebook. But FB is not the place for that kind of shit. Do the wrong thing and they can ban your account. Forums or blogs are the only places to really have free speech and access.

And you can't look at my forum now. I'm not doing anything with it right now.

As for the deep end, shoot, I dove into that in 1993. Drinking Beverage
01-01-2015, 03:19 PM
(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You know what this forum is missing? A Christian section. What if a forum had three parts, a christian section, ...

Okay, but I get to screen the Christians.

(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I always admired Stark for his impartiality, which is why I liked this forum. But that's impartiality is over. Stark has taken sides in 2015. He has made this place a mere haven for atheists.

You got like 2 friends here Eddie and Stark is one. No matter how much you berate him or defame him or bemoan your loss of respect for him, I doubt you can change that.

#sigh
01-01-2015, 03:38 PM
(01-01-2015 03:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You know what this forum is missing? A Christian section. What if a forum had three parts, a christian section, ...

Okay, but I get to screen the Christians.

(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I always admired Stark for his impartiality, which is why I liked this forum. But that's impartiality is over. Stark has taken sides in 2015. He has made this place a mere haven for atheists.

You got like 2 friends here Eddie and Stark is one. No matter how much you berate him or defame him or bemoan your loss of respect for him, I doubt you can change that.

You never know; friends can turn on you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2015, 03:52 PM
(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You know what this forum is missing? A Christian section.

Oh right. Like Seth will do that, delusional one.
You're not a Christian anyway. You claim that they ALL for thousands of years tried to hide the real Jebus. You're some sort of New Age Amalgamation Gospel "synthesizer".

BTW, Gordo, it's isn't "You and Tatian". Your lame attempt is but one of the very (boring) many in a VERY long line of gospel harmonies. There were a few which were actually famous, (which of course you had no clue about).
http://www.templetons.com/charles/jesus/preface.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_harmony
As Dr. John Barton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barton_(theologian)
points out, it is not possible to synthesize them all without changing the individual parts.

There are many many many attempts.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...ghMcn0hnPg

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-01-2015, 04:05 PM
(01-01-2015 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You know what this forum is missing? A Christian section.

Oh right. Like Seth will do that, delusional one.
You're not a Christian anyway. You claim that they ALL for thousands of years tried to hide the real Jebus. You're some sort of New Age Amalgamation Gospel "synthesizer".

BTW, Gordo, it's isn't "You and Tatian". Your lame attempt is but one of the very (boring) many in a VERY long line of gospel harmonies. There were a few which were actually famous, (which of course you had no clue about).
http://www.templetons.com/charles/jesus/preface.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_harmony
As Dr. John Barton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barton_(theologian)
points out, it is not possible to synthesize them all without changing the individual parts.

There are many many many attempts.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...ghMcn0hnPg

Besides which, the Gospels were written by different people, in different places, at different times, for different reasons, to say different things.

Combining them doesn't make one bit of sense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2015, 04:08 PM
(01-01-2015 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  You never know; friends can turn on you. Drinking Beverage

No true friend. Drinking Beverage

#sigh