Me and Tatian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Me and Tatian
(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You know what this forum is missing? A Christian section. What if a forum had three parts, a christian section, an atheist section, and in the middle, a debate section. I mean, I know forums are supposed to be dying and all, but you can't do that with Facebook.

As I was jogging, that came to me (Yes, today was a short workout. I'm very upset over what's happened in here today. I ran for 15 minutes, stretched, kicked a little, and said "fuck it.").

My problem is I don't know if I have the stomach for it. But then the God spoke to me and said, "I do." And then the words of Christ came to me, "Be perfect, even as God is perfect."

And then I was shown that Veridicanism will die if it has no home among those interested in religion.

Not to mention a couple of people have actually joined my forum for some unknown fucking reason. I mean, I'll be the first to admit, the thing is just a shell right now. It serves no real purpose at this point.

What if I ditched the cross, called it the Veridican, and made it like that tripartite kind of thing?

See, because people want to debate, I think, but they have to have their safe zones. I'm different. I don't have to have a safe zone. God is my safe zone. But that's an anomaly. Yet that means, I have to let atheists be atheists. I have to be their admin as much as I am the Christians admin. And I don't know if I have the stomach for it. But then isn't it fair to say that one of the differences between Jesus and the Pharisees was that Jesus could sit and eat with the sinners?

I always admired Stark for his impartiality, which is why I liked this forum. But that's impartiality is over. Stark has taken sides in 2015. He has made this place a mere haven for atheists.

And maybe that's what it always was, even though it used to be a place for real free speech. But who wants a haven for atheism? No one. People want to talk about what they believe. And I know that's true, because my posts are alive as long as I keep them alive, but a new guy comes to the Intro section talking this and that about how he wants to tell his religious parents how he is now a fucking atheist and he's worried they may cut off his tuition, and it gets 14 responses and sinks.

Well, I'm going to see if I can build a better mousetrap.

I may have to do some server work. Veridican.com should go directly to the forum.

Hell, this could be fun.

Maybe Blah Blah the Clown will help you. You both think you can make a better forum so perhaps a meeting of the delusional minds is in order.

The Veridican Bozo Forum...has a nice ring to it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
01-01-2015, 04:40 PM
(01-01-2015 04:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  You never know; friends can turn on you. Drinking Beverage

No true friend. Drinking Beverage

You make an amiable argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Re: RE: Me and Tatian
(01-01-2015 10:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  The greatest meaning in life atheism offers is that we should continue our genetic material from organism to organism.

I'm sorry, but that is not all it offers, Mr Gordon. You've expressed your hatred of the concept of atheism but paint us all with one broad stroke. And I've been respectful to you even though I do not agree with you.

As I've said many times elsewhere, theists generally do not return the favor. I wish you well in life, sir.
01-01-2015, 04:42 PM
(01-01-2015 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 04:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No true friend. Drinking Beverage

You make an amiable argument. Drinking Beverage

That's how you find out who is a true friend and who isn't, unfortunately. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-01-2015, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 05:10 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
(01-01-2015 03:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm very upset over what's happened in here today.

Frankly: Good.

(01-01-2015 01:21 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And even more, it represents a message of how I may be solidifying atheism in people.

The idea that you may be doing more harm than good is nothing if not a positive step (or the first leap from the cliff-face).

Edit: Probably closer to the eighth leap from the cliff-face.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
01-01-2015, 04:53 PM
(01-01-2015 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  You make an amiable argument. Drinking Beverage

That's how you find out who is a true friend and who isn't, unfortunately. Undecided

Yeah, that. ↑

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Oh hell, I thought the thread was "Me and Titian"

Like this.....

[Image: Titian-795799.jpg]
Or this....

[Image: Venus_and_Adonis_by_Titian.jpg]

I kept thinking, why would Gordon and the artist, Titian, be a "thing"?

I need better glasses.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Well Edward? You haven’t responded to my post (#38 in the thread). How do I know if what I “heard” was real or not? I’m asking you since you appear to have the most amount of experience with these sorts of things.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-01-2015, 05:09 PM
(01-01-2015 05:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh hell, I thought the thread was "Me and Titian"

Like this.....

Or this....

I need better glasses.

King Henry and his codpiece look very rakish, wish that would come back in style.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-01-2015, 05:16 PM
(01-01-2015 05:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh hell, I thought the thread was "Me and Titian"

Like this.....

Or this....

I need better glasses.

That's what I thought first also.
We have a museum out here, which had in one room, a Titian, a David, a Rembrandt, a Tintoretto, and about 4 other Old Master paintings, and I thought "Hmm, I'm surprised security allows like a billion dollars in art on the same wall in the same room". (Since then I noticed they "dispersed" them around in different rooms, and covered them in Plexiglas.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.