Me and my boyfriend had a feud over money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Me and my boyfriend had a feud over money
(18-10-2016 08:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm with FC on this one. He sounds like an ungrateful immature cunt and you're better off with someone else.

Thanks ‘Muffs. Thumbsup

Note to self: Immature and selfish = cunt

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 09:06 AM
I don't think he's a keeper. (he sounds more like a taker)

If he wants walking-around money to get himself coffee, and if he "can't" find a job-job, he can always sign up with Task Rabbit or Uber.

My in-laws had a relationship similar to the one you describe. My FIL was a charming, lovely man--very fun to have dinner with--but he never took his wallet out when the check came and seldom showed up when asked to help out in most other ways; my MIL became increasingly pressured and controlling because she was the one financing everything and also having to do all the child-wrangling. His laziness and irresponsibility deformed the entire family. (He was a kid whose parents were comfortable financially and lived with his parents until he got married at age 40, lived off of his wife for the next 25 years, and then lived off of money he'd inherited.)

Until you break up, only pay for things you do together (dates); that would be my advice.
21-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Quote: On that note, I asked him to reciprocate in some other
form, in forms of certain favors. And that is all I need for
him to keep the balance in the relationship.

Hey! He may be a guy, but that doesn't make him a cheap floozie!

Just kidding. Kick that floozie to the curb.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-10-2016, 03:40 PM
How long has this been going on? How long have the two of you been together?

Money is often key in many relationships failures. Was there ever a point when the rolls were reversed? Has he been making any attempts to find work? How old are the two of you (if you don't mind me asking.

If you're in your young early 20's. Welcome to adult hood!

If you're later in years. Do you really want to be dealing with this high school shit?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
21-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Moved thread to Personal Issues and Support section.