Me is Christian. You no believe in God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Big Grin Me is Christian. You no believe in God?
I'm new at this site and I thought it looked interesting, so yeah. I'm a Christian and I'm curious as to why people choose to not believe in God. I'm not offended at all with people bashing me and what I believe, so yeah. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Me is Christian. You no believe in God?
For me personally it's as simple as this-religion makes no sense to me. I see it as pointless. I have enough of a conscience that I can live my life knowing what's right and wrong without help from a book.

I don't fear what will happen to me when I die. I don't need to find explanations for every little thing. I can take responsibility for my own actions and what happens to me. I am the one in control of my life. It's in no one else's hands.

I just don't believe that there is a higher being, who has anything to do with us. For me that's all there is to it.

I think that religion is all based on one kind of fear or another.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
29-12-2010, 09:43 PM
So do you care about understanding things?
29-12-2010, 09:49 PM
We all care about understanding here, but most of us look at things more naturalistically and not supernaturally. I think everyone (excluding the willfully ignorant) seek understanding. Seems to me the human condition, but this is coming from an overly curious mindset.
29-12-2010, 09:51 PM
It's not really a case of choosing to not believe. I think closest would be "unable to believe due to lack of evidence" though if you wanna keep it simple.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
29-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I agree, but that just invites the debate on if you choose to believe, or if your subconsious decides what you believe. I've literally tried to make myself Christian at one point, and failed.
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
29-12-2010, 09:59 PM
So you believe in the mass murders god made in the bible ? talking snake ? a boat fitting all the animals for like 60 days, how is a foot ball size stadium support 40,000 animals specie, 80,000 animals, with food and water, shelter them all ?light came before stars?

I think its time to use common sense and ditch the flying sky daddy, we have science, evidence, for us to not believe in supernatural myth.

p.s christmas is a pagan holiday,

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
[+] 1 user Likes Laxion's post
29-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I think that the supernatural ways of viewing things that many people adopt actually blind people to seeing the real messages that are there. I can see what some problems are with looking at things supernaturally, but I also see problems with excluding the supernatural.
29-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I once was on a christian site, asking for questions, but they ban me. I guess that's how they avoid answering questions, and stuff. Here we don't do this at all...

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
29-12-2010, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2010 10:06 PM by trillium13.)
(29-12-2010 09:43 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  So do you care about understanding things?

Of course. The reason I am atheist is because I think about things. I just don't need to find a greater reason for everything. Things happen. I accept it. I also think that science explains much. Are there specific things you have in mind?

Also, I don't think that anyone will bash you here unless they feel attacked first, and maybe not even then. That's one of those myths about atheists. Wink

We're quite happy to have rational discussions.
(29-12-2010 10:01 PM)Laxion Wrote:  I once was on a christian site, asking for questions, but they ban me. I guess that's how they avoid answering questions, and stuff. Here we don't do this at all...

That's because for many, the simple act of asking the question is considered blasphemy. This is enough of a deterrent for them.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes trillium13's post