Me is Christian. You no believe in God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2010, 10:08 PM
RE: Me is Christian. You no believe in God?
Wow, that's how they isolate people from the reality, avoids hardship, and just take the easy way out, while the church still generates cash from them. I guess its a nice way to keep people believing without interfering.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2010, 10:18 PM
It's all about fear. Make the people afraid, and you can control them.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
29-12-2010, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2010 10:33 PM by TheKetola.)
(29-12-2010 09:59 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I think that the supernatural ways of viewing things that many people adopt actually blind people to seeing the real messages that are there. I can see what some problems are with looking at things supernaturally, but I also see problems with excluding the supernatural.

I don't see one problem with excluding the supernatural, all the supernatural has done is give us an excuse not to search for real answers. Early in our history we had few answers to many questions, so we refered to the supernatural, but as you can see from history, there is a positive trend of finding natural explanations for the once thought supernatural, and we have also in fact disproved many supernatural ideals (like alchemy and magic for example). Straying from reality is fun, but it becomes dangerous when you lose your sense of it.
(29-12-2010 09:59 PM)Laxion Wrote:  So you believe in the mass murders god made in the bible ? talking snake ? a boat fitting all the animals for like 60 days, how is a foot ball size stadium support 40,000 animals specie, 80,000 animals, with food and water, shelter them all ?light came before stars?

I think its time to use common sense and ditch the flying sky daddy, we have science, evidence, for us to not believe in supernatural myth.

p.s christmas is a pagan holiday,

It would have been 2 million animal species actually, loading it would have been pretty insane for noah, 11 pairs a second if he did it in one day. not to mention traveling over 8000 miles to get all the animals, and climatizing, and the manure, how to deal with the manure? But I'm sure he knows about this already, I wouldn't use it as a conversation starter lol. I actually find the Tower of Babel one of the harder to believe myths though.
29-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Call me naive, but I actually only discovered recently that people believe the story of Noah and the Ark as a FACT. I was actually shocked.'

But then I am not a blind faith sort of person and it's hard for me to make myself think that way. Use some common sense, people!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
29-12-2010, 10:38 PM
That must have been a devastating discovery for you Trillium. My worst moment was finding out that we elected a president who thinks Atheists shouldn't be considered American citizens.
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
29-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Ketola, I grew up in the Northeast. Not too many people give a shit about other people's religious beliefs there.

I now live in the very Evangelical state of Texas. To put it mildly, my eyes have been opened.

Holy shit have they. I'd have been happy to have kept them closed. I could have never imagined the level of hate, intolerance, and willful ignorance that exists here.

29-12-2010, 10:47 PM
That must've been quite the change. What caused such a move if you don't mind my asking?
29-12-2010, 11:04 PM
My now husband was living here, we met online. At the time he was living a life that was rather sheltered from the true outside world of these parts. (long story)

Anyway, at the time we met, he thought he loved it, so I moved here. I had wanted to leave where I was anyway, so it seemed like a good idea.

Reality has since hit us both in the last 2 years. We both HATE it here, so as soon as we are able we will be moving, far away from the bible belt.

Luckily we are of the same feeling on the subject. Wink

29-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Awesome, I wish you both luck.

Speaking of the bible belt, I don't know if I said this on the forum before, but my dad use to be a pretty big Christian, never went to church, but was a firm believer. He even attacked me (verbally not physically) when he found out I was atheist and said "You have to believe in a higher power" which is how I ended up calling myself God (and making the youtube video "proving" I am God). Anyways, now instead of talking about Yahweh, he talks about himself as God, and just the other day he damned the bible belt and called them anti-progressive, I was never more proud of him in my life.
29-12-2010, 11:21 PM
(29-12-2010 11:15 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  and just the other day he damned the bible belt and called them anti-progressive, I was never more proud of him in my life.

Good for him. Every day I am more amazed at how backwards things are here.

It's an energy vacuum for people like us.