Me is Christian. You no believe in God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
RE: Me is Christian. You no believe in God?
Funny, what mostly got me out of believing was the Bible. A talking snake? God being a big dick and promoting genocide.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM

(29-12-2010 10:35 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Call me naive, but I actually only discovered recently that people believe the story of Noah and the Ark as a FACT. I was actually shocked.'

But then I am not a blind faith sort of person and it's hard for me to make myself think that way. Use some common sense, people!

The scary part is that some still believe that you can find the Ark if you climb Mount Ararat in Turkey.
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Just check out the Thinking Atheist's videos on his youtbe channel. They do a really good job in providing arguments why religion is nonsense.
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2011, 06:03 AM
(01-01-2011 08:40 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Funny, what mostly got me out of believing was the Bible. A talking snake? God being a big dick and promoting genocide.

Wasn't it Hitchens who said the best way to become an atheist was to read the bible ?
04-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I think that statement has been used by so many people now it's difficult to give credit to anyone one person for it.

The awesome part is that it's so true.
04-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I think the ghost with a black eye left. His/her(don't remember which) last visit was last year.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
04-01-2011, 10:04 PM
(02-01-2011 04:11 PM)TheModerateBeliever Wrote:  The scary part is that some still believe that you can find the Ark if you climb Mount Ararat in Turkey.

I can't hear you lalalalalalala....

Wait, that sounds familiar. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Ive been an Atheist since I was born. Never raised with religion. I see people every day calling their self's "Christians". Then do things a real "Christian" would never do. I see region as a control for the masses. A way for simple minded people to explain things. My Wife and her family are very religious. I can see when we talk religion how much they want me to be. Ive told them all often this can never happen. I found this site and was overjoyed. This gives me a way for proving my thoughts , supporting what I think. I know that they will never see things as I do, they are to caught up in their own ways. My father-in-law is a preacher and has his own church. Maybe that explains more. Hos son is also a preacher. I will say however, that my father-in-law is the most christian person I know.
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Welcome Crack. My gamertag for most systems is Shakesbabies, so we are the same, you and I. Anyways, in addition to checking out the posts of this site, you should immerse yourself in the vast logic of youtube atheists. The comment sections of these vids are usually like-minded atheists and the vids themselves are great learning tools.

Here's the link to a couple: http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/show...hp?tid=951

The more you watch, the less alone you feel in the world.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
08-01-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2011 02:46 PM by Germanatheist007.)
(29-12-2010 09:29 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I'm new at this site and I thought it looked interesting, so yeah. I'm a Christian and I'm curious as to why people choose to not believe in God. I'm not offended at all with people bashing me and what I believe, so yeah. Big Grin

I don´t believe in your particular religion because so much of it can so easily be proven wrong. For example the first books of genesis. We already know that the earth is older then 6K years, that animals were not created abruptly and at the same time as the universe, we know there was no flood or tower of babel. So what we are left with, is a carpenter burding the sins of an event that never actually happend.

To say it in a simple way we are supposed believe that 13,7 billion years ago the universe started expanding, formed over millions of years through the collision of hydrogen atoms and supernovas heavier elements, so that after 9 billion years the earth could emerge through a collision with another planet forming a different planet now know as earth and the moon, getting looked in the orbit of a star that is destined to destroy this planet in another 10 billion years so that after another billion years or so, simple self replicating amino accides would emerge which would start to compete against- and eat each other in order to become better adapted to their surroundings and then after another 3,5 billions years and a brief history of platworms with light sensitive spots resembling eyes, primitive fishs with only a simple back bone over the first air-breathing amphibians to little lizard-like reptiles to half-mammilian reptiles to rat-like creatures hiding over millions of years in the shodows of dinosaurs becoming, after their (for us lucky) exctinction that was very likely caused through to a meteoric impact 65 million years ago, lemur like half-monkeys to the first primitive primates to upright walking apes to the first humans (who were and still are apes) which over a period of about 100.000 years had an average lifespan of about 25 years and usually died in agony because the reason most of them died because their teeth rotted away. And then, 2000 years ago a carpenter in the middle east comes along trying to convince us he came to safe us from a sin that we all got from an event that never took place. And all of that was gods over all plan?

so...

HOW CAN THIS MAKE ANY SENSE TO ANYONE????

That´s why i don´t believe in any religion or anything supernatural, because, eventhough they speak so matter of factly, none of them have any evidences to back themselves up and none of them make any sense especially in this perspective.

People often ask, "if no god, then why life"? But i mean have you ever looked at the universe in all its beauty?

You currently live in a galaxy that´s about 100,000 light years abroad, just to remind you, light could travel 7 times around the earth in a second. This galaxy contains billions of stars like our sun and most of them have their own solar system...

and yet this is only one of trillions of other stars. How likely was life to emerge on only one of this planets?
How likely is it that there is probabely other life?
And yet we are really supposed to believe, that all this was poofed out of nothing for us and our puny problems to exist?

I find that to be verry unlikely...

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue
[+] 1 user Likes Germanatheist007's post