Meaning and Nihilism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 08:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Meaning and Nihilism
(14-03-2014 04:46 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  The dialectics according to Laozi (firstly known thinker of Daoism) might be interesting information, or answer of some sort, to your question. But if you are inclining to idealism, then it might not sit well with you, 'cause I think materialism (the philosophy, not the view of value) makes more sense.

Goddam Chinaman, you take a long roundabout way to make your point. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2014, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 11:17 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(14-03-2014 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 04:46 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  The dialectics according to Laozi (firstly known thinker of Daoism) might be interesting information, or answer of some sort, to your question. But if you are inclining to idealism, then it might not sit well with you, 'cause I think materialism (the philosophy, not the view of value) makes more sense.

Goddam Chinaman, you take a long time to make your point. Big Grin

Tongue After I reforged my materialism belief piece by piece, I kinda took it for granted again that definitely isn't true (not for granted). Few countries have a non-religious population percentage of 91% like China. And my current view of the world is earned through real pains, if not agony.

So now for me, tempering my belief is always good. Smile

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
14-03-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 08:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2014 08:50 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  After I reforged my materialism belief piece by piece, ...

Wasn't nothing piecemeal about it once Girly realized dualism was untenable bullshit. When I was like 15 yo and shit going on some 40 years ago now and shit. Tongue

14-03-2014, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2014 09:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-03-2014 11:31 AM)carthusian Wrote:  Can meaning be derived from an atheistic worldview? Is Nietzsche correct?

The way the OP is worded, assumes that religionists actually share, or reference something they call "meaning", that non-religionists don't have. In fact every single believer is different, and each religionist finds meaning in their own way. Some *say* they believe in a deity ... but actually cling to life, as if they didn't. If they REALLY believed in heaven and a deity, they'd be anxious to get there.

Are you really a Carthusian ? If you were, you'd know about the "Cloud of Unknowing". You think THAT provides "meaning" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-03-2014, 08:46 PM
As far as I can tell, theists don't even address the idea of their lives having meaning. They let God fill that void.

For me, the knowledge that my life has no inherent purpose is an incredibly liberating feeling... I don't have to live up to anyone or anything. I can be whoever I want, and fuck you if you don't like it.

I don't know why some people deconvert, and then become depressed about their lives "having no meaning"... Fuck it, its a clean slate...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2014, 09:06 PM
(15-03-2014 08:46 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  As far as I can tell, theists don't even address the idea of their lives having meaning. They let God fill that void.

And that is just motherfucking irresponsible in my fatass humble opinion.