Meaning of life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Meaning of life
(16-04-2012 06:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This other stuff will just give you a headache. Or cause nihilism, like satan over there. You wanna be like satan? Big Grin
lol xD...

As many other guys posted above, there's no reason in bother thinking as far as you see in the future, come on, billions of year ahead no one will ever remember us, so the reason why we are here, is just to enjoy the life, be happy, spend some time with the ones you love (not necessary your family) and make this life count, because as you said, this life is damn short, and we only have one, so don't waste it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Dear Bluewolf,

There's no precise meaning of life because it depends on the view of the person. So if theists believe that their life's meaning is like this, and if we atheists think like this, it's our choice. It just boils down to an individual's thinking and moral beliefs.

I hope I answer your topic.

A.L. Luna
16-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I always liked the quote that, "The meaning of life is to give life meaning".
[+] 2 users Like MrGnawty's post
18-04-2012, 04:22 PM
(16-04-2012 01:06 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  I always liked the quote that, "The meaning of life is to give life meaning".

I call it a truism. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
19-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I touched on this just now in another thread...

The meaning of MY life is truly a tentative one. On good days, I add to it. On bad days, I subtract from it. Hell, if I am feeling like a super hero, I'll embellish it. If there is a true meaning of life, I may never discover it. I will however strive to understand it. So while I do not know the meaning of life, I take solace in the fact that this journey is what makes my life worthwhile.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
19-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Meaning of life? hmm... well, I'd say it would be to have fun and hope to find love.

Keep shit simple. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
19-04-2012, 06:17 PM
(13-04-2012 08:31 AM)BlueWolf Wrote:  What's meaning of our live? Why should we get up and do things every day?

You get up every morning because you HAVE to. Do you actually think you have a choice about that ? Nah.

You may construct a "meaning", but it's a construction.

If you still need the lolipop you got for going to the dentist, you need to re-evaluate.

[Image: th_lolipop.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
19-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I recall learning somewhere that the meaning of life had something to do with talking fish and having children to sell into slavery... oh yes Monty Python.

The meaning of life I think is to survive and keep your genes surviving. What you do the rest of the time is up to you to make up. Heart

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
22-04-2012, 05:11 PM
As no one has provided the answer, it's 42.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post