RE: Meanwhile in Europe...
Ha! Take that, yer popiness!

Clap

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
23-05-2015, 09:15 AM
(23-05-2015 08:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The horrific scandals of the last couple of decades are the cause of this sea change, in my opinion. Between stealing the children (or killing them) of unwed mothers and then molesting the rest of the poor's children the catholic church has really offended large swaths of the Irish population. The Yes vote has polled so well there was fear that it might be bad polling, luckily that seems not to be the case.

Yep. It is great to see people realizing that the church is NOT a force for good and that religion doesn't equate to morality. The more it gets marginalized the better.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
23-05-2015, 11:29 AM
"So so happy. Oscar [Wilde] smiles in his grave", Stephen Fry

And simply because he's awesome:

[Image: 181006_10151475349785155_911197171_n.jpg]

(I don't even feel bad for the massive amounts of schadenfreude I feel every time I see a picture of a (usually ancient) nun voting. And then I feel sad for the innumerable wasted lives.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
23-05-2015, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2015 06:00 PM by Marozz.)
Yep, Ireland is the first country in the world to approve same-sex marriage by popular vote. It's a big deal over here considering that it's only twenty years ago that homosexuality was decriminalised in Ireland. It looks like more than 60% of the people voted for same-sex marriage. Cool, means there's now a chance that I can attend my daughters wedding in the future. No doubt there will be a massive party in the city tonight. Might go in myself, any excuse for a few pints. Cheers.

[Image: g84vaHy.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
23-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Luck of the Irish, gay marriage approved.
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/worl.../27839147/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
23-05-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Luck of the Irish, gay marriage approved.
Good news, and all the more surprising from such a strong Catholic country.
23-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Never got the whole complaint about not letting gays marry. Marriage is just a way of telling people you fuck this person without having to say I fuck this person. Anyway good job Irish.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-05-2015, 05:39 PM
It's stupid. Referendums should only be used for cases that related to state (such as Scotland's independence or our up and coming referendum to change our flag) or moral issues such as euthanasia or abortion. Gay marriage is neither.
The issue of gay marriage is a equal civil rights one which should just be passed by the government without public input.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-05-2015, 05:47 PM
(23-05-2015 05:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Marriage is just a way of telling people you fuck this person without having to say I fuck this person.

I thought it was a method for the government to determine how they should tax you.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
23-05-2015, 06:10 PM
(23-05-2015 05:47 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 05:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Marriage is just a way of telling people you fuck this person without having to say I fuck this person.

I thought it was a method for the government to determine how they should tax you.

No that is the government, however most people get married out of love,and people in love fuck.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube