Meanwhile in Europe...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Luck of the Irish, gay marriage approved.
(23-05-2015 06:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 05:47 PM)cactus Wrote:  I thought it was a method for the government to determine how they should tax you.

No that is the government, however most people get married out of love,and *most* people in love fuck.

FTFY Wink

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2015, 07:00 PM
(23-05-2015 05:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's stupid. Referendums should only be used for cases that related to state (such as Scotland's independence or our up and coming referendum to change our flag) or moral issues such as euthanasia or abortion. Gay marriage is neither.
The issue of gay marriage is a equal civil rights one which should just be passed by the government without public input.

Actually that's true. It's a matter of equal rights. There is no reason or justification to be putting that to a vote. Humans have the right to marry whomever they chose. No one has the right to vote on whom anyone chooses for a life-partner. In the US the Declaration of Independence states we are born equal. either it means that, or it fucking doesn't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-05-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2015 04:11 AM by Marozz.)
(23-05-2015 05:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's stupid. Referendums should only be used for cases that related to state (such as Scotland's independence or our up and coming referendum to change our flag) or moral issues such as euthanasia or abortion. Gay marriage is neither.
The issue of gay marriage is a equal civil rights one which should just be passed by the government without public input.
It's little bit more complicated than just gay marriage. The article in question gave special status to married couples in relation to taxation, social welfare and the like. Designed for the welfare of children i.e. the best environment for a child is in a steady family unit, with a married mother and father. Same sex couples who marry will be recognised as a family and be entitled to the constitutional protection for families.

It is a pain in the ass sometimes with referendums in Ireland, if they want to move a comma in some part of the constitution the people have to vote on it.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
23-05-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: Meanwhile in Europe...
Threads merged

23-05-2015, 07:43 PM
(15-05-2015 12:55 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Here in Ireland on the 22nd of this month we will be voting to change the constitution and legalise same sex marriage. The catholic bishops have called on the flock to vote against. Should be interesting.

Congratulations on telling the church to go fuck itself.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
23-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Photo RE: Meanwhile in Europe...
(23-05-2015 06:54 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 06:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No that is the government, however most people get married out of love,and *most* people in love fuck.

FTFY Wink

The people that are not in most are in love with each other and have not told each other.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Before the lynching mob shows at my door (than again, I’m quite safe in my obscure little part of the globe, so – come at me, bros ;-)) for necroing this: never much liked opening new threads, it’s not really “new” news and it’s tangentially related, so there.

The latest winner of Spain’s Gold Medal of Police Merit never walked a beat or made an arrest. True, she never flinched in the face of danger. But that is because she can’t move.
Reaching far outside its uniformed [or, uninformed, as some of us read it Rolleyes] ranks, the Interior Ministry awarded this year’s medal to a life-size statue, Our Most Holy Mary of Love, “for sharing police values such as dedication, caring, solidarity and sacrifice.

The choice drew attention to a Spanish tradition—awarding state honors to Roman Catholic icons—and triggered a lawsuit that aims to undo it. Spain’s National Court is expected to rule in the coming weeks.

The practice has gained momentum since the conservative Popular Party swept municipal and national elections in 2011, said Mr. García, who since then has documented more than 30 decisions by municipal councils to appoint local icons representing Mary, Jesus and various Catholic saints as “perpetual mayors.” One council, in the city of Almería, passed the incumbent mayor’s official baton to an icon of Mary, laying it at her feet.

When the municipal council in Prado del Rey asked voters to ratify the Virgin of Carmen as their “perpetual mayor,” the icon won easily, although just 13% of voters went to the polls.
Two years ago Interior Minister Jorge Fernández Díaz granted a police medal to the Our Lady of the Pillar in Zaragoza, patron saint of Spain’s military police. This year he bestowed praise on another saint, announcing at Spain’s annual International Tourism Fair that St. Teresa was “making important intercessions” for the national economy “during these tough times.”

(In all seriousness, even before I stopped seeing the imaginary light, that Catholic obsession with porcelain dollies and “patron saints” of stubbed toes and mild discomforts has always boggled the mind. Oh, and those "I shit on the communion host" or "I shit in the Ciborium" bits are still hilarious)

Don’t lose hope for them Spaniards just yet, though...

Catholics furious after artist writes ‘paedo’ in stolen communion wafers.

[Image: Pederastia.png]

Because, surely, that's absolutely unacceptable. Unlike, you know, the practice of paedophilia Angry

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post