Meanwhile, on the lighter side of religion - baby is burned alive in Chile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Meanwhile, on the lighter side of religion - baby is burned alive in Chile
In Chile, a group of educated people (including the mother) were convinced that a baby was the antichrist and that the end of the world was near... so they taped its mouth shut and sacrificed it alive in a bonfire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25...55893.html

Because without delusional panic and human sacrifices, it just wouldn't be religion.

Goodnight, everybody.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 01:36 AM
RE: Meanwhile, on the lighter side of religion - baby is burned alive in Chile
Doesn't get much worse than that! Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
26-04-2013, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 01:55 AM by Free Thought.)
It could, Aurora.

It could have been two babies.

On the more serious side; What absolutely disgusting behaviour. It is a constant puzzle to me how we, an arguably 'higher' species with so much potential brought by our brains, can be such stupid beasts at times.

[Edit: Spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
26-04-2013, 02:00 AM
What the fuck? I'm pissed. My heart hurts now. I'm absolutely disgusted and that story will stay with me for the rest of my life. I realize the internet can not convey my actual emotions, and this post sounds very "unemotional," but I can assure you that I almost cried. I'm pissed and I have the image of a defenseless and trusting infant, meeting its demise in a horrible and cruel, sick, depraved way.

Disgusting. It will stay with me until the day I die.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
26-04-2013, 07:58 AM
But we must respect their beliefs, of course. Drinking Beverage

Not.

This is where cultural relativism fails. There is no way to not censure this behavior.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-04-2013, 08:02 AM
One of the comments:

"What more can I say other then I truly believe when they threw the baby in the fire GOD caught the babies spirit and he took her home with him to heaven. I believe the precious baby felt or knew nothing. GOD had mercy on the baby and his angels guided the baby back home. As for the mother and all who partook in this horrible murder there's nothing I can say because there are no words."

Weeping

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-04-2013, 08:15 AM
(26-04-2013 12:43 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  In Chile, a group of educated people (including the mother) were convinced that a baby was the antichrist and that the end of the world was near... so they taped its mouth shut and sacrificed it alive in a bonfire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25...55893.html

Because without delusional panic and human sacrifices, it just wouldn't be religion.

Goodnight, everybody.

Lovely and inspiring.

I was hoping to collect all stories like this one on a thread I started called Religion Poisons Everything. Can this be moved there? I like the idea of being able to pull these out at a moment's notice when "discussing" how religion is such a force for good. Shocking

Maybe I'll just copy and paste if that's OK with you.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
26-04-2013, 09:52 AM
One of the comments on the Huffington page

"I'll bet you'd all be really embarassed if it turned out she really was the anti-christ!"

Whoever thinks that in ANY way this is okay is the lowest, most despicable human being that can ever exist on the planet.

They burned a baby ALIVE. ALIVE, What kind of sick perverted bastards would burn a baby alive. The act of burning a dead baby would show that you have zero sense of a moral compass. What they did was pure, undeniable, evil. This is what happens when blind ideology is encouraged. This is what happens when someone believes that they are above everyone else because they had some special purpose, some god, to guide them.

These people are SICK,

Fuck them, I hope they experience hell in there own minds for the rest of their pathetic lives.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 2 users Like Foxcanine1's post
26-04-2013, 10:12 AM
no words....I wanted to express something, but.....just no words....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Can someone help me understand this from a religious perspective?

If the baby WAS the antichrist, Satan, doesn't he live in a lake of fire? Why would fire even hurt the actual Antichrist?

Moreover, isn't the antichrist SUPPOSED to come? Isn't that part of Revelations? How can we have a Rapture, etc., if we destroy the antichrist every time he tries to get things going? I thought Christians look forward to the end of days when they are all carried up to Heaven, is that assumption wrong?

Finally, do mortals actually think they can do ANYTHING to destroy a being so powerful as the antichrist? What gives Christians, even crazy ones, the idea that we can somehow beat up the Antichrist in any way?

I'm serious here. I have never been Christian so I don't really understand these questions and would love some real answers regarding what Christians generally believe about this stuff.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post