Meanwhile, on the lighter side of religion - baby is burned alive in Chile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Meanwhile, on the lighter side of religion - baby is burned alive in Chile
I'm all for leaving people to their "harmless" delusions, but THIS?????? Is it no wonder I'd like to see these fanatics die off??? Cultural relativism my ASS!!! I'm not advocating torcher, and you can call me Hitler if you like, but these fucking complete peices of dogshit need to be SHOT!!!! I imagine the one time that, though it may not be morally O.K., it is perfectly NATURAL for a human to display a cruel smile of satisfaction, ....is when they've done all humanity a favor in putting down a BABY killer!!!!!! They didn't inject it so that it'd slip off into the forever sleep, THEY BURNED IT ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck em, FUCK em. Yeah. I know. I'm awful! Fffffuck em! FUCK THEM!!!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-04-2013, 10:51 AM
(26-04-2013 10:31 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Can someone help me understand this from a religious perspective?

If the baby WAS the antichrist, Satan, doesn't he live in a lake of fire? Why would fire even hurt the actual Antichrist?

Moreover, isn't the antichrist SUPPOSED to come? Isn't that part of Revelations? How can we have a Rapture, etc., if we destroy the antichrist every time he tries to get things going? I thought Christians look forward to the end of days when they are all carried up to Heaven, is that assumption wrong?

Finally, do mortals actually think they can do ANYTHING to destroy a being so powerful as the antichrist? What gives Christians, even crazy ones, the idea that we can somehow beat up the Antichrist in any way?

I'm serious here. I have never been Christian so I don't really understand these questions and would love some real answers regarding what Christians generally believe about this stuff.

I can only say what I once believed. Yes the AntiChrist is suppose to come and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. The only thing that you could do was look for the signs of his coming, because that would also be the sign of the second coming of Christ.

Quote: I thought Christians look forward to the end of days when they are all carried up to Heaven, is that assumption wrong?

It depends. For me, the idea of the second coming, which really became prominent in my mind when my sunday school class watched the first Left Behind movie, wasn't scary ( at that time) and was something that I looked forward to. I didn't believe that there was a way of stopping or accelerating it, only patiently waiting for it to occur. I did have a fellow sunday school classmate who did fear it because her father wasn't christian so she wouldn't get to see him in heaven. So while I would say that most christians ( I'm kind of speculating here) don't have a problem with going to heaven and seeing christ again, there is the problem of not wanting to leave loved ones behind.

I don't know what was going on in their minds other than a sick mentality that they could prevent the coming of the AC by performing the actions that they did.

Just an outsider looking inn.
26-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I suppose if the Christian version of God does exist he was looking down at that burning baby thinking... what? Did nothing to save the kid certainly. This deity needs to have some sense smacked into it.
26-04-2013, 12:00 PM
(26-04-2013 12:43 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  In Chile, a group of educated people (including the mother) were convinced that a baby was the antichrist and that the end of the world was near... so they taped its mouth shut and sacrificed it alive in a bonfire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25...55893.html

Because without delusional panic and human sacrifices, it just wouldn't be religion.

Goodnight, everybody.

Praise the lord Hobo
26-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Wow...as long as Christians have amongst them people who are as vigilant than this, then we don't have to worry about the anti-Christ coming back anytime soon. I think I'll send the link to a Christian friend and thank them for their efforts.
26-04-2013, 07:21 PM
(26-04-2013 08:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  One of the comments:

"What more can I say other then I truly believe when they threw the baby in the fire GOD caught the babies spirit and he took her home with him to heaven. I believe the precious baby felt or knew nothing. GOD had mercy on the baby and his angels guided the baby back home. As for the mother and all who partook in this horrible murder there's nothing I can say because there are no words."

Weeping

My response to this cretin would be: "Yes, dear, it's very sweet that you truly believe GOD had mercy on this innocent little baby. But you know what would have impressed me more? What if GOD had immediately sent a rain cloud, and a huge torrent rained down right over the fire and quenched the flames! Wouldn't that have been something! Talk about sending a message to the onlookers. I mean, GOD could have done that, right? He is omnipotent, after all. But I guess He was busy with other things--like arranging for the angels to take the baby 'back home.' What a good GOD He is!"

Good God indeed. No

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
26-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Not trying to make light of the situation, but I can picture God drawn in a Far Side type cartoon where he sends a soul down to Earth into the baby and they send it right back to him, and he's like, "All right? Well, let's try that again," and sends the soul down to the next baby in line.

You gotta think, if they were looking to identify the antichrist, I would say people that burn babies alive would be a good place to start your search.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-04-2013, 03:38 PM
(26-04-2013 12:43 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  In Chile, a group of educated people (including the mother) were convinced that a baby was the antichrist and that the end of the world was near... so they taped its mouth shut and sacrificed it alive in a bonfire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25...55893.html

Because without delusional panic and human sacrifices, it just wouldn't be religion.

Goodnight, everybody.

Shame on these people for not following their sacred book!

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
30-04-2013, 03:48 PM
(26-04-2013 08:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  One of the comments:

"What more can I say other then I truly believe when they threw the baby in the fire GOD caught the babies spirit and he took her home with him to heaven. I believe the precious baby felt or knew nothing. GOD had mercy on the baby and his angels guided the baby back home. As for the mother and all who partook in this horrible murder there's nothing I can say because there are no words."

Weeping

Uh, yea... well, on behalf of all the religions of the world, thanks for this validation that it really is ok to chuck a baby on a fire. Glad we've finally cleared up the vagaries of that topic. Dodgy

Ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
30-04-2013, 03:59 PM
(26-04-2013 11:11 AM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  I suppose if the Christian version of God does exist he was looking down at that burning baby thinking... what? Did nothing to save the kid certainly. This deity needs to have some sense smacked into it.

Wouldn't the fact that it "worked" (god didn't stop it, the baby burned, etc.) be proof to these demented cultists that they did the right thing? Do they use the fact that it worked to justify what they did in their own minds?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein