Measles in Dallas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Measles in Dallas
Wasn't sure of this was the right spot. Please move it if it isn't.

Listening to news radio on the way home today. A story had been building the last couple days here in the Dallas Metroplex.

Oh joy, 15 confirmed cases of measles have now been reported. Most of the patients are between the ages of 9 and 17 and had not been vaccinated.

Oh, and something else in common with many if not all of them...they belong to the same church and are home schooled.

I suppose I hadn't really thought about the fact that home schooled kids don't have to turn in their vaccination records.

They say it's the worst outbreak here in twenty years. I just don't get the anti-vaccine crowd. Where does God say, "Thou shalt not immunize"? What memo did I miss this time?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-08-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Measles in Dallas
Natural Selection.

Can't beat it.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Re: Measles in Dallas
This kind of shit really pisses me off. It's one thing to drag your kids to church because they might shake that later in life. Give them a debilitating disease or a life-threatening one and all you can say is that you didn't let your principles stand in the way of letting your kid die.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I will be curious to see how high the number climbs.

Natural selection would be fine if it weren't being forced on these kids by their dumb ass parents.

21-08-2013, 10:25 PM
(21-08-2013 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wasn't sure of this was the right spot. Please move it if it isn't.

Listening to news radio on the way home today. A story had been building the last couple days here in the Dallas Metroplex.

Oh joy, 15 confirmed cases of measles have now been reported. Most of the patients are between the ages of 9 and 17 and had not been vaccinated.

Oh, and something else in common with many if not all of them...they belong to the same church and are home schooled.

I suppose I hadn't really thought about the fact that home schooled kids don't have to turn in their vaccination records.

They say it's the worst outbreak here in twenty years. I just don't get the anti-vaccine crowd. Where does God say, "Thou shalt not immunize"? What memo did I miss this time?

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Science. It works, bitches.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Update just heard on the radio...21 cases. People between 4 months and 44 years. This church's first line of defense is to ask God when someone is ill for answers. Now they have decided to disinfect the church. Yeah, that should work great as long as they are also housing all those infected at the church.

27-08-2013, 10:27 AM
(27-08-2013 10:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Update just heard on the radio...21 cases. People between 4 months and 44 years. This church's first line of defense is to ask God when someone is ill for answers. Now they have decided to disinfect the church. Yeah, that should work great as long as they are also housing all those infected at the church.

But they don't need to disinfect anything they have God!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2013, 10:46 AM
God didn't work, they said that asking for his help is the FIRST thing they do (I found that humorous...not much faith there), so now they must resort to Mr. Clean or Lysol or Clorox or something.

27-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Crazy. I mean, even Mexico totally eradicated Measels in 1997. The only Measels cases Mexico sees now days are unvaccinated foreigners.
27-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Re: Dallas
Good, perhaps a non-lethal dose of reality will slow down the unquestioning surrender to bullshit over science.