Measles in Dallas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Measles in Dallas
(27-08-2013 09:24 PM)closet.atheist Wrote:  Re: Dallas
Good, perhaps a non-lethal dose of reality will slow down the unquestioning surrender to bullshit over science.

Non-lethal will only lead to thanking God. Lethal will lead to statements about how it was God's will.

I get to hear the updates almost every day on the radio here...hard to drive while repeatedly slamming your face on the steering wheel.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2013, 09:45 PM
While amusing, that head banging is not a good survival skill.
27-08-2013, 09:49 PM
You don't have to listen to the church members being interviewed on the radio. When the lady came on today to say they were disinfecting the church...slamming my face seemed the only reasonable response.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
28-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Measles are not deadly or even serious in normal living conditions, so the likelihood of someone dying in the U.S. of measles is very unlikely. Populations got measles much the same way populations get chicken pox, you get it young, your body builds a defense for it, then you never get it again in most cases. It's called science and evolution as to how our bodies came to deal with the measles.

and since the vaccines work......who cares if only the non vaccinated peeps get it.

Are you scared of the chicken pox?
28-08-2013, 04:05 AM
(28-08-2013 03:46 AM)I and I Wrote:  Measles are not deadly or even serious in normal living conditions, so the likelihood of someone dying in the U.S. of measles is very unlikely.
Measles can be fatal.

Quote:Unvaccinated populations are at risk for the disease. Traditionally low vaccination rates in northern Nigeria dropped further in the early 2000s when radical preachers promoted a rumor that polio vaccines were a Western plot to sterilize Muslims and infect them with HIV. The number of cases of measles rose significantly, and hundreds of children died.

Quote:Measles is a leading cause of vaccine-preventable childhood mortality.

Taken from wikipedia.
28-08-2013, 06:03 AM
(28-08-2013 04:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 03:46 AM)I and I Wrote:  Measles are not deadly or even serious in normal living conditions, so the likelihood of someone dying in the U.S. of measles is very unlikely.
Measles can be fatal.

Quote:Unvaccinated populations are at risk for the disease. Traditionally low vaccination rates in northern Nigeria dropped further in the early 2000s when radical preachers promoted a rumor that polio vaccines were a Western plot to sterilize Muslims and infect them with HIV. The number of cases of measles rose significantly, and hundreds of children died.

Quote:Measles is a leading cause of vaccine-preventable childhood mortality.

Taken from wikipedia.

How would people refusing a polio vaccine cause a rise in measles? and I don't think you read what I wrote, I said people living in normal living conditions are not in danger from dying of measles.

Do you deny that people got measles all the time much like chicken pox? Do you deny that this was dealt with by our immune system and we evolved to create our own anti-pathogens for measles?
28-08-2013, 06:15 AM
(28-08-2013 06:03 AM)I and I Wrote:  How would people refusing a polio vaccine cause a rise in measles? and I don't think you read what I wrote, I said people living in normal living conditions are not in danger from dying of measles.

The polio vaccine was the subject of the rumour, but vaccination in general was affected. Do you think people went to the doc and said "Oh, give him the measles vaccine but hold the polio one 'cos I heard that one's a Western plot" ?

I read what you wrote. The quotes I gave support the notion that not vaccinating your child is dangerous. In any case, even if not fatal, not vaccinating is still fucking stupid.

Quote:Do you deny that people got measles all the time much like chicken pox? Do you deny that this was dealt with by our immune system and we evolved to create our own anti-pathogens for measles?
And when did I deny this ?
28-08-2013, 06:24 AM
(28-08-2013 06:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 06:03 AM)I and I Wrote:  How would people refusing a polio vaccine cause a rise in measles? and I don't think you read what I wrote, I said people living in normal living conditions are not in danger from dying of measles.

The polio vaccine was the subject of the rumour, but vaccination in general was affected. Do you think people went to the doc and said "Oh, give him the measles vaccine but hold the polio one 'cos I heard that one's a Western plot" ?

I read what you wrote. The quotes I gave support the notion that not vaccinating your child is dangerous. In any case, even if not fatal, not vaccinating is still fucking stupid.

Quote:Do you deny that people got measles all the time much like chicken pox? Do you deny that this was dealt with by our immune system and we evolved to create our own anti-pathogens for measles?
And when did I deny this ?

So a measle shot is more of a convenience than a necessity, like if there were a chicken pox vaccine, convenient but not necessary. btw, chicken pox can be deadly as well in the same countries that have a higher poverty rate and lower standards of living, and yes living in poverty stricken areas can cause more stress on your immune system for many reasons, breathing dirty air, drinking dirty water, eating dirty food, etc etc. are there any mass deaths from measles in any normal country? China? France? Russia? U.S.?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_chickenpox_deadly