Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Meat
What is your stance on meat consumption ?
My take is , since I evolved as a omnivore I'll eat both vegetables and meat.
I just think that's what I am as a species.

Don't get me wrong vegetarians , I'd eat in-vitro meat in a heartbeat if it was available.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 05:17 PM
RE: Meat
Omnivore. I'll eat both vegetables and meat. But I don't like most seafood. I am not against it, I just don't like the taste.
05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Carnivore with herbivore tendencies. If you go back long ago when us humans didnt have the luxury of 'choosing' what to eat and killing poor daisy the cow with the smily face was not such a hard task. Today we only get the finished product served to us on a plate and ignorance is bliss these days when it come to meat.

Modern times offer choice and alternatives but i prefer the real thing. Like a flame grilled medium well rib eye! hmmmmmmmm rib eye!

It's easy to think people are listening to you, but in actual fact they are just waiting for their turn to speak.
05-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I expose myself to full meat preparation as much as possible. I don't want to be one of these people who lives on chicken nuggets for years and then turns into a leftist terrorist blowing up cancer research labs when I see a chicken being killed.

As for the meat itself, non-American beef jerky is the best it can get B)

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
05-12-2010, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 08:08 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
I'm omnivore but I tend to eat more meat than fruits and vegetables, also I dont eat too much seafood hehe only sushi, but I can say I have some sort of balanced diet. But I must admit that some times arguments form vegan people are quite silly.

http://memebase.com/2010/11/02/memes-hip...esentment/
Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Raise my own chicken and beef. Slaughter, butcher, and prepare it. I love meat, but sometimes it's hard to kill an animal you've gotten to know. I am a firm believer that meat should be an important part of our diets. I just don't think it should be as easy as it is. Meat tastes great, but I don't think many people really appreciate that it's a once living animal.

I enjoy my meat that much more, knowing that it was treated with respect, and with it's well being in mind throughout it's life. I've had a few people now come to my farm because they wanted to be exposed to slaughter. Not one has walked away saying, "I'm going veggie!". In fact, most people leave feeling very suprised. Instead of feeling bad, they usually leave feeling respectful.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I actually made a video about this topic several months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X0l-R7B2Ns
05-12-2010, 10:45 PM
(05-12-2010 10:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Raise my own chicken and beef. Slaughter, butcher, and prepare it. I love meat, but sometimes it's hard to kill an animal you've gotten to know. I am a firm believer that meat should be an important part of our diets. I just don't think it should be as easy as it is. Meat tastes great, but I don't think many people really appreciate that it's a once living animal.

I enjoy my meat that much more, knowing that it was treated with respect, and with it's well being in mind throughout it's life. I've had a few people now come to my farm because they wanted to be exposed to slaughter. Not one has walked away saying, "I'm going veggie!". In fact, most people leave feeling very suprised. Instead of feeling bad, they usually leave feeling respectful.

Totally agree with You, personally I love animals, but like you I believe that meat Its an important part of our diet, my father's family also raise their own chicken and beef and I have seen when they kill animals for eating and selling the meat, but like you say, I feel respect, respect for the animals and respect for the people who raise & kill farm animals for a living, but my point is that vegan extremism is plain silly. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
05-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm omnivore but considering going vegetarian (not vegan) for purely dietary purposes. When I eat meat I eat LOTS OF MEAT. Tongue I love it. I remember watching my dad and brother butcher the deer they hunted and make venison steaks and jerky from it. I completely agree with the respect you feel from witnessing that process. I'm squeamish, though, so I could never do it myself.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
06-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Omnivore, although I should eat more vegetables than just potatoes and sausage.
I remember an interview of some animal activist once, and she was asked:
''why did you become concerned about animal rights?''
''Because of how they're trated in the food industry.''
''would you then eat ethically produced meat?''
''....No, it wouldn't feel right to eat what once was an alive.''

You know, vegetables are alive when we eat them, trees are alive when we make stuff out of them or burn them. A possible reply might be ''but those don't move nor think''.
Wrong: they do move, and some plants even have these ''brains'' in some part of their roots.
Then I'd ask about cockroaches, parasites and rats... Where does their line go on what kind of life it's OK to kill and eat?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.