Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2010, 07:09 PM

RE: Meat
(28-12-2010 06:48 PM)UtahSkeptic Wrote:  Not against eating meat. Don't really understand why anyone would be? Have to live somehow. Although I could agree that some companies should probably treat the livestock a bit better.

Although my diet is probably close to 5% percent meat. Between all the soda and fruit.

My diet is pretty sad.

I used to be a vegetarian for 5 years, not because I was against meat. Actually, I was completely fine with my family and friends eating meat, I even cooked it for them. I stopped eating meat to protest animal cruelty and abuse (I was quite the activist in high school).
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I've been trying to get on a mostly meat diet for a while, doing good so far but people complain so much when they are about it.
"meat doesn't have all the stuff your body needs, you're going to get sick" first of all I've done my research and thats bullshit, yea theres the fiber but I eat a lot of wheat products anyway so I'm fine there. Second its the same as a vegetarian diet, you just need to know what foods you should be eating to keep healthy, for example: some liver is good for carbs every couples weeks.

Really the only thing I exclude from my diet is fruit and vegetables, I drink a lot of 100% fruit juice though Tongue and some nutz now and then isn't bad.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2010, 03:59 AM
well. thats a new one. So how do you balance out a meat diet? and wouldn't that be incredibly expensive in the long run? How do you keep from gaining weight with so much protein in your diet?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
29-12-2010, 04:11 AM
I think there's a diet based on eating ONLY protein - a more extreme form of Atkinson diet.

I'm honestly curios where this leads from an evolutionary perspective.I wonder if there will be carnivore or vegetarian humans in the future Smile
30-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Meat and fruit are by far my favorite food groups.

Ribs & Bananas being my favorite foods

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
30-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't eat a whole lot of meat, but that's just because I have a low tolerance for it. I cannot stand the taste of red and dark meats, and beef makes me physically sick. Moose meat, however, I can tolerate.
I've tried rabbit jerky, but haven't tried it any other way. Jerky in general is good, but too much makes me feel sick.

I could live off of seafood if I had to. I love fish, sushi, calamari, prawns, shrimp, crab, etc. I really need to live next to a coast so that I can eat freshly caught seafood ^.^

Other than my meagre amount of meat, I live off fruits, veggies, and grains. No dairy though; evolution hasn't granted me a way to get around my dairy allergies :/

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
30-12-2010, 05:16 PM
well in the long run I want to gain some weight.
I'm very physically active, top that off with being skinny as a twig to begin with and I'm pretty much set.
Granted my lifestyle isn't for everyone, I do a shitload of running, only time I ever really relax is on weekends.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

31-12-2010, 05:24 AM
(30-12-2010 05:16 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  well in the long run I want to gain some weight.
I'm very physically active, top that off with being skinny as a twig to begin with and I'm pretty much set.
Granted my lifestyle isn't for everyone, I do a shitload of running, only time I ever really relax is on weekends.

Are you an athlete or something ? Tongue
31-12-2010, 05:41 AM
(31-12-2010 05:24 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Are you an athlete or something ? Tongue

Lol far from it actually xD
I kinda have a thing against sports :/ strange really...

I do however have a condition that requires me to either stay reasonably fit or regress into a state of vegetation... Tongue
And despite my diet I'm actually UNDERWEIGHT, which is good. At least for me anyway Smile

31-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Nice - but if you don't practice sports , does your job keep you on the go ? Or ?
I'm having trouble warping my head around this - you sound to have an idle modern life style : meat + regular(<) body weight Big Grin