Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2010, 12:28 PM
RE: Meat
(31-12-2010 09:40 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Nice - but if you don't practice sports , does your job keep you on the go ? Or ?
I'm having trouble warping my head around this - you sound to have an idle modern life style : meat + regular(<) body weight Big Grin

Well I'm training to join the army reserves.
... To be totally honest, I haven't been exercise regularly for about 2 or 3 months now but I still manage an hours walk or two everyday.
Blasted ice prevents me from doing more than a brisk jog T_T

I get bored easily too, being active keeps my mind distracted at least so in a lot of instances it can be more entertaining than surfing the interwebz.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2011, 03:28 AM
OK , I see where you're coming from.
Good luck.
04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Woo hoo! Took some practice, but I finally cooked a rabbit to perfection. Never knew that it could be so moist, and fall off the bone tender. Awesome!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-01-2011, 08:43 PM
(04-01-2011 08:41 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Woo hoo! Took some practice, but I finally cooked a rabbit to perfection. Never knew that it could be so moist, and fall off the bone tender. Awesome!

Indeed! try some liver next time Big Grin

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Actually I really like liver. Chicken liver and onions is a childhood favorite.

Ok, so I gotta vent, and unfortunately, you guys are stuck with it since you are some of the most reasonable people I know......

I posted my good news on facebook about cooking a good rabbit. My sister-in-law, and a couple others started making comments about how mean I was for eating a cute bunny. I tried not to get angry, and explained how terribly treated factory farmed animals are. They started to say that it was just as terrible to eat cute bunnies. UGH! Told them how these rabbits were treated well, killed quickly and with respect, and were never fed chemicals and crap, so I was feeding my family something more healthy, and better treated than the burgers they ate last week.

So here's the kicker: My sister says, "but I don't want to cuddle with a cow or a chicken". Keep in mind the conversation got serious. I find it infuriating that they are saying I'M cruel, when their criteria for eating meat isn't how it was treated, but by how cute it was when it was alive!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!

05-01-2011, 08:09 AM
(04-01-2011 09:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Actually I really like liver. Chicken liver and onions is a childhood favorite.

Ok, so I gotta vent, and unfortunately, you guys are stuck with it since you are some of the most reasonable people I know......

I posted my good news on facebook about cooking a good rabbit. My sister-in-law, and a couple others started making comments about how mean I was for eating a cute bunny. I tried not to get angry, and explained how terribly treated factory farmed animals are. They started to say that it was just as terrible to eat cute bunnies. UGH! Told them how these rabbits were treated well, killed quickly and with respect, and were never fed chemicals and crap, so I was feeding my family something more healthy, and better treated than the burgers they ate last week.

So here's the kicker: My sister says, "but I don't want to cuddle with a cow or a chicken". Keep in mind the conversation got serious. I find it infuriating that they are saying I'M cruel, when their criteria for eating meat isn't how it was treated, but by how cute it was when it was alive!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!

People like that simply cannot think straight. A suffering cow and a suffering rabbit are the same thing; a suffering animal. "Cuteness" has nothing to do with it. But I think that this is just one of those things hardwired into our brains. I think I read somewhere that we define what is cute largely on how similar it is to babies, and because of this, we tend to equal eating cute things to eating babies. If this is true, it would just be some evolutionary baggage. I personally never saw an issue of eating cute things, or supposedly gross things(such as squid). I'm with you, with that I judge more on how the animal lived.

And congratulations on cooking that rabbit. If I ever find myself in your neck of the woods, I expect some of that Canadian hospitality to fix me up oneTongue

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-01-2011, 08:53 AM
They should realize that not all rabbits look like this:
[Image: 8051-janis.jpg]
Some look like the one that's always keeping me awake by making horribe noise in the snow behind my window:
[Image: 250px-Mountain_Hare_Scotland.jpg]

The last one is the one that I'd choose to eat, but not because it's less cute, that shouldn't be a factor, but because it's bigger.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-01-2011, 09:11 AM
The young cute one would shure be tender and juicy though!

05-01-2011, 11:25 AM
give me both! We'll have a feast!

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
05-01-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't eat what I keep as a pet so rabbits are out for me.
As are guinea pigs , cats , dogs , parrots etc.

But if a wild rabbit ever bit me , we would be serving bunny-kebab in no time Tongue