Media and how it affects many things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 01:14 AM
I am channeling my inner I and I here so I expect no forgiveness.

At next years Boston Marathon much will be made about what happened this year. Moments of silence, mention of the victims, you can imagine it now and will see it then.

A year from now the fire and explosion in a fertilizer plant that killed some 40 people (I think that is what I heard on the news tonight) and damaged a significant portion of a town will have been long forgotten.

Even now the news is fixated on the Boston Marathon attack while what happened at a plant that apparently had significant safety issues is something of an afterthought.

Safety issues that can cause many deaths and great damage are not particularly important.

Nutjobs that can kill a few (and yes permanently damage many) are very very very important to the general media.

What does that say about the US media. Please do not say that they report what people are interested in. The media influences what the public is interested in by what they report. Anyone who suggests otherwise is not very thoughtful.

I would further suggest that the monied and powerful classes exert great pressure on the media to ignore facts that may cost them money.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Fear sells on tv. It's easier to sell Boston news cuz there is an evil man to fear. An enemy to unite the nation.

Fertilizer? Would people pay attention to what can be used as a bomb? Too complex. People is stupid.

There is more morbid drama with the bombing as it was intentional and the plant was an accident, although the media has mentioned that fertilizer has been used as materials for bombings, so they are trying to harvest fear from that perspective. See my thread "fertilizer ban?"

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Media and how it affects many things
(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  I am channeling my inner I and I here so I expect no forgiveness.

At next years Boston Marathon much will be made about what happened this year. Moments of silence, mention of the victims, you can imagine it now and will see it then.
Nothing wrong with that - that is something that people always do for good reason.

(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  A year from now the fire and explosion in a fertilizer plant that killed some 40 people (I think that is what I heard on the news tonight) and damaged a significant portion of a town will have been long forgotten.
I will bet you are wrong - it will be memorialized with national attention

(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  Even now the news is fixated on the Boston Marathon attack while what happened at a plant that apparently had significant safety issues is something of an afterthought.
No - you are just being provocative, hoping for attention. The news is fixated on the Boston situation because there are perpetrators who are being sought for arrest and trial. The industrial accident is that, an accident, that may have been because of poor safety standards, but obviously, the standards were good enough to prevent problems in the past. I assure you, genius, that a full forensic investigation is underway - it's just not as exciting as a manhunt with car chases and shootouts..

(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  Safety issues that can cause many deaths and great damage are not particularly important.
No -stupid. figuring out what went wrong in industrial accidents is a long process - stupid. You live in a bubble of your own silly ideas.

(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  Nutjobs that can kill a few (and yes permanently damage many) are very very very important to the general media.
No - stupid. It is just that a manhunt is more exciting to follow, than a survey and excavation of an industrial accident.

(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  What does that say about the US media. Please do not say that they report what people are interested in. The media influences what the public is interested in by what they report. Anyone who suggests otherwise is not very thoughtful.
No - you are just too stupid to understand how boring industrial accident investigations are.

(19-04-2013 01:14 AM)JAH Wrote:  I would further suggest that the monied and powerful classes exert great pressure on the media to ignore facts that may cost them money.

Yeah, that's it, we with the money, know how to manipulate everything. Too bad you work as a low level retail service, and are kept in the dark about everything just like the stupid fucking Xtians - how does it feel to be just like them?

You're a fucking idiot, and the best you could ever do is complain that everyone is oppressing you. Just like the typical atheist, you cry everyone is fucked up and lying to the people, but you cannot get other atheists to organize the better news distribution model; because you do not trust other atheists - you are fucked up stupid, just like the niggers.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
19-04-2013, 07:48 AM
(19-04-2013 01:31 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Fertilizer? Would people pay attention to what can be used as a bomb? Too complex. People is stupid.

You are in the stupid demographic. Your trust in atheists to deliver the truth is not being met, because atheists cannot organize news distribution - ever wonder why they cannot do it, yet the Christian Monitor, can???

It is because atheists are some lame ass fucks - like you. Just want to shoot your mouths off about being oppressed, just like the niggers.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
19-04-2013, 07:54 AM
If you're insinuating that there are NOT a goodly number of wealthy people who would (at least if it was legal for them to do so, and not regulated) rather make more money, than spend money to make sure people are safe, then YOU are fucking stupid, Trainfuck!
"you are fucked up stupid, just like the niggers"? Scratch the IF; you're douche bag stupid! Asshole.

19-04-2013, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 09:18 AM by TrainWreck.)
(19-04-2013 07:54 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If you're insinuating that there are NOT a goodly number of wealthy people who would (at least if it was legal for them to do so, and not regulated) rather make more money, than spend money to make sure people are safe

This safe world you believe in, does not have all the stupid people in it, who do not want to follow the rules.

I can guarantee that you do not follow all the safety rules in place at your employment, and I can guarantee you that you cannot generate a business to meet the safety ideals you believe in - because you are an idiot.

I was in the USNavy. I worked with apparatus that was designed to kill people - there were all kinds of safety rules. I, and everyone else, I worked with violated some safety rules as a general practice, because we wanted to finish the tasks quicker.

I got out of the Navy and worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken it is dangerous and there are safety rules, because of the large amounts of hot frying oil; we violated the rules to get off the clock as soon as possible so we could go get stoned and drunk - some mother fuckers showed up to work stoned.

Do you think the cunts working at Starbucks are following all the safety rules???

Wake the fuck up - stupid!

19-04-2013, 10:05 AM
It had to be a lil piece of shit looser soldier. You racist fuck go suck dick to ur god damn superiors you blood sucking parasite.

:)

" I was in the navy..." Of course.

Get out of the closet fag and stop hating on the owners of the big black cocks you would like to shove up your ass.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2013, 11:01 AM
(19-04-2013 07:48 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:31 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Fertilizer? Would people pay attention to what can be used as a bomb? Too complex. People is stupid.

You are in the stupid demographic. Your trust in atheists to deliver the truth is not being met, because atheists cannot organize news distribution - ever wonder why they cannot do it, yet the Christian Monitor, can???

It is because atheists are some lame ass fucks - like you. Just want to shoot your mouths off about being oppressed, just like the niggers.

Wait, you're not an atheist?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
19-04-2013, 11:32 AM
To the OP topic.

Both situations are tragic, and the fertilizer explosion cost more lives (so far).

As far as the differences in how each feels, neither is fear (for me). For the explosion, I just feel I can not stop something like an accident, a true, unforeseen accident. Stuff happens and I've come to expect this from life. It's tragic but these people are not specifically targeted, it was a general tragedy. However the bombs, I can't identify with this. This was not an accident. This was deliberate and seemingly one-hundred-percent preventable. I think that not identifying with these people is what draws the intrigue and media sensationalism.

As far as the media's role, I do think it's a train crash reaction. Like watching the crash happen for what seems like awhile and we can't look away. As much as media is fear mongering, we are reacting to it and hanging on. I think the most harmful con to media attention is the fame garnered by the guilty. Feeling lonely, have low self-confidence and want attention and payback? Here is a quick claim to fame. Get back at all the happy people for not realizing how unhappy you are.

The more profile I read about these latest two killers I see suspect one (older brother) fitting the isolated profile and that he drug his little brother (suspect two) down with him in the rage of senseless violence. Now he is dead and his little brother is completey lost and done for. But, you and I know who they are, they are famous.
19-04-2013, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 11:44 AM by TrainWreck.)
(19-04-2013 11:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, you're not an atheist?
Politically - yes, I am an atheist.

Ontologically, I am foremost, a humanist. When a person speaks, about what it is they believe exists, they are making an ontological statement, and they are determining their understanding of the order of reality.

The term, "atheist." loses its quality, when theism is quelled. Humanism is the correct opposition to theism. Atheism is the political doctrine opposed to theist justifications for government policy. Survey the organizational missions of atheist organizations, and that definition will be confirmed. Any definition contrary to that is inaccurate.

This is some deep philosophical shit. i spent four years dedicated to understanding it, and generating the most accurate list of what exists - something that has not been done in over a hundred years, and I am going to go down in history as a scientist for having deliberated the theory that builds the list that I describe. I wish I could do better for you peon stupid atheists, but that is like asking Einstein to build the atom bomb.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation How would you explain this? "Media Buries Bombshell Turkey False Flag Attack" PoolBoyG 10 194 03-04-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  The dark side of legalized pot and media hysteria Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 6 280 05-02-2014 11:50 PM
Last Post: toadaly
  100 Things You Can Say To Irritate A Republican Quidsane 36 4,469 27-08-2013 02:23 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  White Genocide in South Africa - Where's the media? janthuffy 10 709 03-08-2013 03:36 PM
Last Post: morondog
  How about that 2 month hunger strike that the U.S. media isn't covering? I and I 57 1,664 17-04-2013 09:13 PM
Last Post: Heathen
  Is racism part of the Iran and North Korea media entertainment? I and I 14 672 09-04-2013 12:10 PM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Imperialist corporate media coverage of todays shooting. I and I 20 792 15-12-2012 10:54 AM
Last Post: Janus