Media and how it affects many things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 10:42 AM by TrainWreck.)
RE: Media and how it affects many things
Secularism is the principle of separation of government institutions, and the persons mandated to represent the State, from religious institutions and religious dignitaries. In one sense, secularism may assert the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, and the right to freedom from governmental imposition of religion upon the people within a state that is neutral on matters of belief. (See also separation of church and state and Laïcité.) In another sense, it refers to the view that human activities and decisions, especially political ones, should be unbiased by religious influence.[1] (See also public reason.) Some scholars are now arguing that the very idea of secularism will change.[2]

Some scholars are now arguing that the very idea of secularism will change.

I wonder why this is argued by some scholars? It couldn't be because it does not correctly fulfill the semantic system of the category (doesn't make sense) - could it???

If secularism is not the equal representation of ideologies in republic government then what principle is - pluralism???

So, you were taught and you learned inaccurate information - why can't you accept that, and learn the correct description of reality? Because you like to live in the margin of human error, just like the Christians??? Why is it so difficult for atheists to accept that the description of some words were unwittingly, as well as deliberately, defined erroneously by Christian editors and antiquated knowledge??? It is like you have never heard of the principle to question everything.

Your exercise of understanding that scientific knowledge grows like a tree, is dependent on your ability to understand the root and branch structure of the tree - do you understand that??? Then describe the root and branch system of technology that smart people refer to? You will find that the best you have is the Dewey Decimal System, and nobody uses it as a reference, because it sucks; but that is the best you have - you are going to have to pay me to implement the scientifically improved rendition for your communities, because I own the copyright to it. You want to make people smarter - you are going to have to pay me.

You stupid assed mother-fucking crackers!

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 12:06 PM
bemore, The statement you quoted was made in jest. I find myself in general agreeing with I and I a lot, I and I also takes a lot of abuse here. The abuse generally around what often is characterized as something like a "conspiracy" theory.

My OP could be considered as such.

I know that control of the media either directly or through subtle methods determines a lot of what the general public accepts as truths. The obvious one in this case is that we are under great threat from terrorists, when in fact we are under greater risk from work place accidents. As far as that goes I suspect more people died in Boston during the marathon from a variety of causes like criminal violence or inadequate medical care than from the bombings. The media focuses on that which suits the monied classes not that which is important, particularly that which may harm the monied classes finances. That was my point.

The set up was having a little fun it was not distancing myself from the rest of my post.
21-04-2013, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 01:26 PM by TrainWreck.)
(21-04-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, secularism is the non-involvement of church in government.

Secularism is the principle of separation of government institutions, and the persons mandated to represent the State, from religious institutions and religious dignitaries.

Does this sound familiar to anyone???
Quote:Barry Kosmin of the Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society and Culture breaks modern secularism into two types: hard and soft secularism.
ROTFLMAOCool

When linguists assign "soft," and "hard," terms of relativity for a definition, it's a good bet that they recognize problems with the word relative to other words, but they do not know how to sort it out - it doesn't make sense in the semantic group.

A comparable situation occurs when asking, or suggesting, that a Christian is either, religious, not-religious, or very religious.

"Secularism," is the newer word in the atheist lexicon, it was adopted, merely a hundred years ago. It was adopted to fulfill Chas' expectation for atheists to organize politically. But it is based on the inaccurate definition of atheism, which is inaccurate because it was, and remains, difficult to recognize that atheism is a political philosophy, because its root word is not considered a political philosophy, because the culture, and in our case, the laws, that were developed with inadequate information - chaotic ontology.

When I began my research in ontology and semantics, very early on, I recognized that secularism fulfills the semantic opposite of prejudice - what is the better term for the opposite of prejudice - justice???

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
21-04-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 02:07 PM by TrainWreck.)
Quote:Secularity (adjective form secular,[1] from Latin saecularis meaning "worldly" or "temporal") is the state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied or against any particular religion.

This is the definition that influenced my thinking, and coordination of the terms that we are most concerned with:

atheism
humanism
free thinker
secular
religion
dogma
philosophy
wisdom
knowledge
culture
tradition
ideology
politics
education
indoctrination
mind control
ramming it down our throats
truth
justice
being
psycho
health

You, see, it was words like these that I recognize there were some conflicting problems that are effecting the way people think. Are there groups of words that you think people are mixing up and that that is what is fucking-up society, or are you like most lazy ass atheists and you are going to wait for someone else to figure it out and deliver it to mankind?

21-04-2013, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 02:41 PM by TrainWreck.)
This is pretty good, though - if you understand it, as well, as I do, of course.
Quote:According to Kosmin, "the hard secularist considers religious propositions to be epistemologically illegitimate, warranted by neither reason nor experience." However, in the view of soft secularism, "the attainment of absolute truth was impossible and therefore skepticism and tolerance should be the principle and overriding values in the discussion of science and religion."

ROTFLMAO - again!

He's defining dumb people as "hard-secularists," and smart people as "soft-secularists" - smart people having to be tolerant of dumb-people in this duality. And like he describes it, I recognize that the deployment of religious doctrine was the result of inadequate information to understanding social order in antiquity, and in the present - what coordinates people in a community. You "hard-secularists," only know that religion is inaccurate, and you unwittingly believe that if you just keep telling them that there is no god, that that will direct society towards economic harmony - peace. The problem being is that you should be able to provide for the next step, which would be a more perfect organizational plan for communities and societies, because they do not want to live with you - your ideas lead to economic collapse of the communities. Atheists cannot organize anything - they are dependent on theists to provide economic stability and organizational methods.

You have no idea how privileged you are to have participated in this exercise of reason.

21-04-2013, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 04:44 PM by ClydeLee.)
Re: RE: Media and how it affects many things
(21-04-2013 02:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  This is pretty good, though - if you understand it, as well, as I do, of course.
Quote:According to Kosmin, "the hard secularist considers religious propositions to be epistemologically illegitimate, warranted by neither reason nor experience." However, in the view of soft secularism, "the attainment of absolute truth was impossible and therefore skepticism and tolerance should be the principle and overriding values in the discussion of science and religion."

ROTFLMAO - again!

He's defining dumb people as "hard-secularists," and smart people as "soft-secularists" - smart people having to be tolerant of dumb-people in this duality. And like he describes it, I recognize that the deployment of religious doctrine was the result of inadequate information to understanding social order in antiquity, and in the present - what coordinates people in a community. You "hard-secularists," only know that religion is inaccurate, and you unwittingly believe that if you just keep telling them that there is no god, that that will direct society towards economic harmony - peace. The problem being is that you should be able to provide for the next step, which would be a more perfect organizational plan for communities and societies, because they do not want to live with you - your ideas lead to economic collapse of the communities. Atheists cannot organize anything - they are dependent on theists to provide economic stability and organizational methods.

You have no idea how privileged you are to have participated in this exercise of reason.

You've been told this type of thing here plenty of times.

Atheists aren't in the same mentality it see the need as you because they don't fit into simple groups based on one question.

Tee atheists can't organize, because they don't fundamentally desire to do so.

For some reason, you add a ton more to words like atheism and secularism that isn't in their use or meaning.

You're right about humanism in one definition which is hardly used. The way secular humanism gets combined is often how you use it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-04-2013, 06:51 AM
(21-04-2013 12:25 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, secularism is the non-involvement of church in government.

Secularism is the principle of separation of government institutions, and the persons mandated to represent the State, from religious institutions and religious dignitaries.

Does this sound familiar to anyone???
Quote:Barry Kosmin of the Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society and Culture breaks modern secularism into two types: hard and soft secularism.
ROTFLMAOCool

When linguists assign "soft," and "hard," terms of relativity for a definition, it's a good bet that they recognize problems with the word relative to other words, but they do not know how to sort it out - it doesn't make sense in the semantic group.

A comparable situation occurs when asking, or suggesting, that a Christian is either, religious, not-religious, or very religious.

"Secularism," is the newer word in the atheist lexicon, it was adopted, merely a hundred years ago. It was adopted to fulfill Chas' expectation for atheists to organize politically. But it is based on the inaccurate definition of atheism, which is inaccurate because it was, and remains, difficult to recognize that atheism is a political philosophy, because its root word is not considered a political philosophy, because the culture, and in our case, the laws, that were developed with inadequate information - chaotic ontology.

When I began my research in ontology and semantics, very early on, I recognized that secularism fulfills the semantic opposite of prejudice - what is the better term for the opposite of prejudice - justice???

A group of men - some religious, some not - created a secular republic more than 2 centuries ago. The concept is quite a bit older than a mere one hundred years.

You have your own understanding of secular. I will stick to the actual definition.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 08:33 AM
(22-04-2013 06:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  A group of men - some religious, some not - created a secular republic more than 2 centuries ago. The concept is quite a bit older than a mere one hundred years.
And we have no idea how it worked - things were very different back then, but ignoramus, like you, insist that we do understand it.

(22-04-2013 06:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  You have your own understanding of secular. I will stick to the actual definition.

This is the same circular logic Christians use when they refer to the Bible, because they believe in it.

Atheists, like you, insist that Christians need to accept that they were taught and learned inaccurate information, but atheists cannot believe in the possibility that they learned inaccurate information.

22-04-2013, 11:24 AM
(22-04-2013 08:33 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 06:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  A group of men - some religious, some not - created a secular republic more than 2 centuries ago. The concept is quite a bit older than a mere one hundred years.
And we have no idea how it worked - things were very different back then, but ignoramus, like you, insist that we do understand it.

(22-04-2013 06:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  You have your own understanding of secular. I will stick to the actual definition.

This is the same circular logic Christians use when they refer to the Bible, because they believe in it.

Atheists, like you, insist that Christians need to accept that they were taught and learned inaccurate information, but atheists cannot believe in the possibility that they learned inaccurate information.

You need medication, not alcohol and weed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post