Medical advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Medical advice
(18-12-2015 05:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I've had these small, itchy patches of skin spread over both biceps and on either side of my belly for at least a year now and they never bothered me to the point where I had a doctor have a look at them. Then today I decided to google the issue and found some photos of the early stages of squamous cell skin cancer that look really similar to these patches on my body. I know, I know, everything turns out to be cancer if you look it up on the Internet, but I have to admit that I'm really nervous about seeing a doctor now. Confused

How large are the itchy patches. It could be many things.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 06:07 PM
(18-12-2015 06:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 05:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I've had these small, itchy patches of skin spread over both biceps and on either side of my belly for at least a year now and they never bothered me to the point where I had a doctor have a look at them. Then today I decided to google the issue and found some photos of the early stages of squamous cell skin cancer that look really similar to these patches on my body. I know, I know, everything turns out to be cancer if you look it up on the Internet, but I have to admit that I'm really nervous about seeing a doctor now. Confused

Take a pic and do a google image search.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-12-2015, 06:13 PM
(18-12-2015 06:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

They're all about as big as half of my thumb.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-12-2015, 06:22 PM
(18-12-2015 06:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 06:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  How large are the itchy patches. It could be many things.
They're all about as big as half of my thumb.

White and itchy or red and itchy?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-12-2015, 06:30 PM
(18-12-2015 06:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 06:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  They're all about as big as half of my thumb.

White and itchy or red and itchy?
Red and itchy.

18-12-2015, 06:43 PM

Just ignore it and it will go away. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Did you eat anything new when they appeared? What you described sounds like allergic urticaria. If they appeared simultaneously and haven't spread further for a year, then cancer can be ruled out with near full certainty.

In all cases, I'd advise showing these to a dermatologist, they're more likely able to make an exact diagnosis.
20-12-2015, 04:38 PM
(18-12-2015 06:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 06:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  White and itchy or red and itchy?
Red and itchy.

Rub some dirt on it.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 03:53 AM
(20-12-2015 04:32 PM)Naridar Wrote:  Did you eat anything new when they appeared? What you described sounds like allergic urticaria. If they appeared simultaneously and haven't spread further for a year, then cancer can be ruled out with near full certainty.

In all cases, I'd advise showing these to a dermatologist, they're more likely able to make an exact diagnosis.
I don't think that's it because I don't have any allergies. I'll try to post some pictures of the patches of skin later today.

21-12-2015, 05:07 AM
(21-12-2015 03:53 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't think that's it because I don't have any allergies.

Allergies can develop at any time during your lifetime. You can suddenly be allergic to something you weren't before. There's hundreds of things it could be, don't freak out, it's probably nothing. Do show us what they look like though.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post