Medical advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 10:41 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Medical advice
(14-03-2014 08:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I will get on Vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium this weekend, I have been a bit slack with taking vitamins and supplements though I know I need them. I have an oncology appt. in a couple months, maybe I can get those levels up to where they should be. I am sure I can get my doctor to order the additional tests. I will be having a DEXA scan that day too.

Check this out.

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health-c...st-cancer/

BTW, it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to take some selenium too.

http://www.naturalnews.com/016446_seleni...ition.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 11:09 PM
(14-03-2014 10:13 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ... that the safe range of vitamin D levels with respect to coronary morbidity and mortality lies between 20 to 36 ng/mL. Vitamin D levels both below and above this range were associated with a significant increase in mortality and morbidity.

Goldilock sweet spot and shit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
14-03-2014, 11:15 PM
(14-03-2014 10:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:16 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  OK.

Wow you sure need to take a lot of vitamin D!

It sounds like you have a problem absorbing the stuff.

Do you get much sun?

I get none. I am a programmer. Tongue

Except when you're out in the sailor suit thingy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-03-2014, 11:17 PM
I fit only one of the main causes of breast cancer. Though my mother also had it, genetic testing showed that I do not have the marker...good news for my kids.

I'll read more on the selenium. I see there is a lot about how it is good for chemo patients. I suppose I am not your typical person with breast cancer. I just went straight for the mastectomies and removal of sentinel nodes and said no thank you to any chemo or rads. I was also one of the 'lucky' ones to be diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. That was fun, since there was little on line for me to read up on other than the statistics for survival weren't real spiffy.

I was told that TNBC will usually kick your butt in three years or your risk level will drop at that point much more so than with other breast cancers, as far as recurrence rates. The first oncologist I saw was ready to pump me full of chemo without giving me options, so I found a breast cancer researcher. So far my CA 27-29 tests every six months have been really good and well below a concern level. Oddly the first oncologist told me there was NO blood test available and I therefore had no choice but to start chemo.

My thought process was that if I only had three years left I didn't want to spend it bald and with no fingernails to drag myself up out of the toilet with as I puked my way up to a strong potential of chemo-induced leukemia followed by a wasting death.

Though I give tons of credit to my medical team, there were suggestions made all along the process that I didn't feel good about...one would have meant a complete misdiagnosis and I would probably be dead now because of it. I trusted my gut, did my research, and didn't let anyone with a lab coat bully me into thinking I wasn't in charge of my own health. I finally was able to put together a team to try to get me through this...the problem has been the continuing pain.

Tomorrow it will be four years since I had my expanders removed and my implants placed. What a long strange trip it's been!

Cue Girly...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
14-03-2014, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 11:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2014 11:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I get none. I am a programmer. Tongue

Except when you're out in the sailor suit thingy.

Forgot about that, Yeah well except for that. Tongue

[Image: girly.png]

#sigh
15-03-2014, 12:10 AM
(14-03-2014 11:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I fit only one of the main causes of breast cancer. Though my mother also had it, genetic testing showed that I do not have the marker...good news for my kids.

I'll read more on the selenium. I see there is a lot about how it is good for chemo patients. I suppose I am not your typical person with breast cancer. I just went straight for the mastectomies and removal of sentinel nodes and said no thank you to any chemo or rads. I was also one of the 'lucky' ones to be diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. That was fun, since there was little on line for me to read up on other than the statistics for survival weren't real spiffy.

I was told that TNBC will usually kick your butt in three years or your risk level will drop at that point much more so than with other breast cancers, as far as recurrence rates. The first oncologist I saw was ready to pump me full of chemo without giving me options, so I found a breast cancer researcher. So far my CA 27-29 tests every six months have been really good and well below a concern level. Oddly the first oncologist told me there was NO blood test available and I therefore had no choice but to start chemo.

My thought process was that if I only had three years left I didn't want to spend it bald and with no fingernails to drag myself up out of the toilet with as I puked my way up to a strong potential of chemo-induced leukemia followed by a wasting death.

Though I give tons of credit to my medical team, there were suggestions made all along the process that I didn't feel good about...one would have meant a complete misdiagnosis and I would probably be dead now because of it. I trusted my gut, did my research, and didn't let anyone with a lab coat bully me into thinking I wasn't in charge of my own health. I finally was able to put together a team to try to get me through this...the problem has been the continuing pain.

Tomorrow it will be four years since I had my expanders removed and my implants placed. What a long strange trip it's been!

Cue Girly...

I'll be interested in your conclusions about selenium
15-03-2014, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2014 01:19 AM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2014 11:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What a long strange trip it's been!

Cue Girly...

Got it. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-03-2014, 05:30 AM
(14-03-2014 10:16 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Do you get much sun?

So how much sun is good?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-03-2014, 06:32 AM
(15-03-2014 05:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:16 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Do you get much sun?

So how much sun is good?

Good question.

The bottom line is to get the parts of your skin that don't usually get exposed to sun exposed to sun.( A picture of girly doing that is a little intimidating) Yet don't let your skin get inflamed from over exposure to sun, as that is painful and is a definite risk factor for skin cancer.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
15-03-2014, 06:36 AM
(15-03-2014 12:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 11:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What a long strange trip it's been!

Cue Girly...

Got it. Thumbsup

You've got good taste in music!