Medical doctor - Patient advocacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Medical doctor - Patient advocacy
(10-09-2016 02:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 01:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am insured as retired military and while that used to be the shittiest insurance you could get, it is now pretty damn good. I do have to pay some extra insurance to get complete coverage. I can go anywhere I want to get care.

The doc I chose is in a small family practice (3 docs) in a sleepy little town and he probably has a much closer connection to his patients than the large companies.

I think one's relationship with one's doc is important...

I loved my doc. She was there for me when I lost my dad and then was diagnosed. I sang her praises to everyone. Now they won't let me switch to another doctor in the practice. Even when I had a diagnosed case of the flu last year she wouldn't even prescribe an effective cough medicine. I got so sick I went back on a day she wasn't there...when the other doctor saw I had lost 6 pounds in under a week, he gave me something to help.

The last few times I have gone to her she has done nothing to help me get better. I need to find another practice where the doctors give a damn because she has gone corporate and forgotten about patient care.

This most recent bout of illness has lasted just shy of 2 months. Dr. Girly did more for me than she did.

I hope the same doesn't happen to mine.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply