Medical mushrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 12:38 PM
RE: Medical mushrooms?
(24-01-2012 12:31 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I did them back in the 70's !! Just be VERY careful on the mushrooms because some will kill you. If you don't know them real well and the clones that look the same you will poison yourself. For each plant or mushroom their is a clone or one that looks like it. They do something different. I don't think this is a good idea for you. I wont judge you on this. Just don't make it a habit or get caught up with the high. Addiction is a tuff monkey and life is to short to loose it. I am speaking from experience on addiction. No one starts out thinking they will be a junkie. Once you get seduces into it, the cycle is very hard to break. All my best to you.

Since I am not now, nor have I ever been, a mycologist, I've not done mushrooms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-01-2012, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 09:24 PM by DeepThought.)
I find the whole drug thing quite hilarious.. It's possible to get a mushroom growing kit. Apparently it's legal to purchase but illegal to grow and injest.

Mushrooms containing psilocybin exist in every country so it's impossible to make them illegal. The kit contains a sealed bag of sterile soil and a syringe containing a pure strain of mushroom spores. If your going to do it, that would probably be the safest way to do it.

Doing it that way reduces the number of variables that can cause issues. The growth environment and species/genetics is fixed so there wont be huge variations in amount of active drug among the mushrooms.

I haven't tried buying the home growing kits though it looks like it's easy to do.
I don't think it's possible to get addicted to things like psilocybin. Even though I enjoyed most of the experience when I took it I just don't think I'd want to make it a regular thing.

The whole dissolving ego thing might not be good if it's done to often. You might end up loosing yourself and never find your way back. Isn't anyone scared of loosing their minds? It scares the hell out of me. My mind is all I have. It defines me.

Just thought I'd mention another possible use. Apparently things like this can stop or reduce the occurrence of migraines. LSD also can help with migraine. I don't know how much science backs that up though I do know that there still aren't any effective treatments for migraine.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
24-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't try it - actually I wouldn't try anything else either as I'm best friends with MaryJane and I'm no two-timer!!! Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
25-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Deep, you are quite right about shrooms growing kit, you can order it online and it arrives to the address normally.

Psilocybin does not cause addiction.

I never heard that someone made a mistake and took poison mushrooms instead of hallucinogen ones, I guess that can happen, if someone is to out in the woods and try to find shrooms, but that is not the way modern shroom dealers work, if someone is selling shrooms, then they have some place where they grow these kit-shrooms, so they are pretty much 100% shrooms you want, not something deadly. You must be more careful with normal mushrooms for eating, if you are buying them from someone that is picking them in the woods... There is much more room for error and when eating (edible, not hallucinogen) mushrooms, and you eat a LOT more than when you are going to get high.

But, hallucinogenic materials are NOT for everyone, you always have a small chance that it will not sit right with your mind that that you can have unwanted problems. If you tried it and all went fine, than you are fine, keep practicing.

I always thought that nothing can go wrong with LSD and that if you have a good crew, everyone can have fun, until one time when I saw one guy that just couldn't get a hold of himself after LSD has wore out, so he was forced to go to the hospital 3 days after he took the dose and spend 1-2 months on psychiatry. Hyperactivity, unable to sleep for days, vast amount of data the brain just couldn't keep up with, life, universe and everything else... It was not that bad as it sounds, he was fine afterwards, but it was definitely not something that anyone will recommend to anyone. He says he had one hell of a trip and that none of us ever had any similar experience and I believe him, but still he was done with any sort of hallucinogens after that. His parents were not that pleased with the whole thing...

If you always heard stories like this and there was always somebody that told somebody that he knew somebody... That was the reason I never actually believed in those stories, but then it happened in front of my eyes, so this is first, well second hand experience. Yeah, it can happen, people can flip out on shrooms and LSD. Small number of people, but you can never know until you try and no other drug can "prepare" you for that kind of trip, it is unique.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I am not up to date on the buying of mushrooms in a kit. Thanks for the update. I was not implying you could get hooked on them either. It is the culture that is doing it. I was no different than anyone else. I took LSD and everything else that could alter my state of consciousness. I ended up on something that was better than sex. I wont go into what it was but it grabbed me by my balls and I was done. The euphoric feeling turned into a hell. Now that was just me and I cant say this will be you too. But getting better was a living hell. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Just be careful on what you look for is all I am saying. I also had a friend who took a natural plant bulb that causes the same effect. It grows along the highways in Ohio. He was put in a mental hospital for 20 years. He's never been right after that day.
25-01-2012, 11:14 AM
(24-01-2012 09:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I find the whole drug thing quite hilarious.. It's possible to get a mushroom growing kit. Apparently it's legal to purchase but illegal to grow and injest.

Mushrooms containing psilocybin exist in every country so it's impossible to make them illegal. The kit contains a sealed bag of sterile soil and a syringe containing a pure strain of mushroom spores. If your going to do it, that would probably be the safest way to do it.

Doing it that way reduces the number of variables that can cause issues. The growth environment and species/genetics is fixed so there wont be huge variations in amount of active drug among the mushrooms.

I haven't tried buying the home growing kits though it looks like it's easy to do.
I don't think it's possible to get addicted to things like psilocybin. Even though I enjoyed most of the experience when I took it I just don't think I'd want to make it a regular thing.

I've eaten them straight off the pile of cow shit. Where I live there are lots of cattle fields and once you figure out which ones feed their cows salt blocks and which ones don't it makes it pretty easy. With the right weather, a flashlight, and shoes that you don't mind destroying it's quite easy to find the perfect shrooms.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
25-01-2012, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 07:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-01-2012 09:28 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I wouldn't try it - actually I wouldn't try anything else either as I'm best friends with MaryJane and I'm no two-timer!!! Tongue

When it comes to fucking with my dick, I'm lifelong monogamous (well, apart from Liberty Weekend after Boot Camp, but I was too drunk to do anything but pay her to stop laughing). When it comes to fucking with my neurochemistry, you're unlikely to find a bigger slut. Big Grin

(23-01-2012 11:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Naw, that wasn't any kind of challenge. Guess I could have stopped at: Have you ever tried it, Girly, cuz I'm curious.

Did I answer your question?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-01-2012, 08:29 PM
(25-01-2012 11:14 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I've eaten them straight off the pile of cow shit. Where I live there are lots of cattle fields and once you figure out which ones feed their cows salt blocks and which ones don't it makes it pretty easy. With the right weather, a flashlight, and shoes that you don't mind destroying it's quite easy to find the perfect shrooms.

Haha, yeah I suppose that's another way to be reasonably safe. Cows like getting intoxicated and they have the right smell receptors to identify which ones are poisonous.

I suppose the cattle should be locked up for abusing the drugs.. Oh.. wait.. we do lock them up.. and they are on death row...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post