Medium Gift Ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Medium Gift Ever?
(22-12-2015 01:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Doesn't "medium" apply to every gift that wasn't the best or worst?

Yes?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Most medium gift...

Getting a set of Legos that I already had. At first, I thought "I already have this", followed immediately by "Hey! More Legos! I'm gonna cannibalize that shit, anyway.".

Actually, that's a pretty good net win, so I don't know that it counts as "average".
23-12-2015, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 07:38 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(21-12-2015 08:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 08:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Well silly -- scarfing a pizza isn't the same thing as the damned thing you wear around your neck...............................

And remember --- shearing the sheep just cools them off -- it's just a haircut....

Not predatory activity.....................

I know, but I choose not to take anything from animals. Plus, I find them itchy (the scarf not the sheep Laugh out load ). And, it was an ugly fucking scarf Tongue

No refined sugars? (Bone char)
No fossil fuels?
The occasional animal that ended up as a petroleum based product... Which is then used in some plastic products too.

Vegan life must either be worse than living Amish, or filled with cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy.
23-12-2015, 08:08 AM
(23-12-2015 07:31 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 08:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know, but I choose not to take anything from animals. Plus, I find them itchy (the scarf not the sheep Laugh out load ). And, it was an ugly fucking scarf Tongue

No refined sugars? (Bone char)
No fossil fuels?
The occasional animal that ended up as a petroleum based product... Which is then used in some plastic products too.

Vegan life must either be worse than living Amish, or filled with cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy.

I never said I was a martyr. I don't like the taste of animal flesh--I find it revolting. That and I do love animals and do *the best I can* to avoid harming them. I don't get on anyone for choosing to eat meat either because I am just not militant about it.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread... Rolleyes

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-12-2015, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 08:20 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
If the question is about a medium... I've received a set of pencils, and a few paints.

If the medium is specifically "av", its pretty limited to stacks of DVDs or other audio/video crap...

If it's about shitty gifts, your title and OP are terrible. I've received several home made wool wearables... Or unwearables... I honestly don't know how anyone can wear that stuff. It's like dry sandpaper. Even cashmere and merino are awful.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-12-2015, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 08:46 AM by The Organic Chemist.)
(21-12-2015 08:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 08:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Well silly -- scarfing a pizza isn't the same thing as the damned thing you wear around your neck...............................

And remember --- shearing the sheep just cools them off -- it's just a haircut....

Not predatory activity.....................

I know, but I choose not to take anything from animals. Plus, I find them itchy (the scarf not the sheep Laugh out load ). And, it was an ugly fucking scarf Tongue

Then you probably don't want to know where we get Jell-O from...... Confused

Back on topic: I do remember getting a "remote controlled car" when I was like 10 or 12. I say "remote" because it was connected by a 2 foot cord to a car the was about a foot long, only 1 wheel drove it. So I had to run after this thing because the cord was so short and it always turned to the right because the left wheel was the only thing pushing it. It had so little traction that my dad and I had to glue sandpaper to the one working wheel. It also guzzled the batteries. I still had fun with it though.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post