Meds and Alcohol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Meds and Alcohol
This is probably a silly question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway because I'm super adventurous like that.

I got flu, Tetanus and Whooping Cough vaccines today. As it happens, I'm also working really hard on becoming an alcoholic and, as a result, want to get wasted tonight.

Would it be prudent to lay off the booze and let my body do its thing with the meds? Will the intake of such a toxin interfere with that process at all?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Meds and Alcohol
Only one way to find out. [Image: cheers.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Dr. Goggle says you're okay for your vaccinations but your liver might start to hate you.
07-11-2013, 12:53 AM
(07-11-2013 12:36 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Dr. Goggle says you're okay for your vaccinations but your liver might start to hate you.

Bah. He and I have never been on good terms. He deserves it. Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
07-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Your arm is probably sore as shit!

The only risk I'm aware of is that you might feel slightly bad from all three vaccinations at once, and getting drunk could make you feel worse.
07-11-2013, 07:57 AM
(07-11-2013 12:21 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  This is probably a silly question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway because I'm super adventurous like that.

I got flu, Tetanus and Whooping Cough vaccines today. As it happens, I'm also working really hard on becoming an alcoholic and, as a result, want to get wasted tonight.

Would it be prudent to lay off the booze and let my body do its thing with the meds? Will the intake of such a toxin interfere with that process at all?

How old may you be?
I was in your shoes when younger, but god has blessed me with "GERD" (google it) and I therefore can no longer imbibe enough alcohol of any kind to do any more damage to my liver - and other bodily parts.
However, the GERD will eventually give me esophogeal cancer, so all's well that ends well, no?

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
07-11-2013, 08:25 AM
(07-11-2013 07:57 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  How old may you be?
I was in your shoes when younger, but god has blessed me with "GERD" (google it) and I therefore can no longer imbibe enough alcohol of any kind to do any more damage to my liver - and other bodily parts.
However, the GERD will eventually give me esophogeal cancer, so all's well that ends well, no?

Try eating fresh ginger every day. It's very helpful. Try it for at least a week and see. You can buy it chopped up in a jar or buy the roots and chop them yourself. Take or mix in food or drink a couple of spoon fulls a day. This is not woo, research it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
(07-11-2013 08:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 07:57 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  How old may you be?

Try eating fresh ginger every day. It's very helpful. Try it for at least a week and see. You can buy it chopped up in a jar or buy the roots and chop them yourself. Take or mix in food or drink a couple of spoon fulls a day. This is not woo, research it.

Thanks Dom! I'll give 'er a try!
Is there a good place to buy it?

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
07-11-2013, 10:00 AM
(07-11-2013 09:11 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 08:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Try eating fresh ginger every day. It's very helpful. Try it for at least a week and see. You can buy it chopped up in a jar or buy the roots and chop them yourself. Take or mix in food or drink a couple of spoon fulls a day. This is not woo, research it.

Thanks Dom! I'll give 'er a try!
Is there a good place to buy it?

Any supermarket should have it in the veggie section. You'll have to explore.. or get it online. I bet Amazon carries the chopped kind in a jar...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
'My name is Woof and I'm an alcoholic,' at least in AA terms, where I'm a member.
Drank to varying degrees for over 50 years before finally taking stock of myself.

Not a good idea to mix meds with alcohol, the latter can do enough on its own.

'Alcohol doesn't drown your sorrows, it just teaches them how to swim'Ohmy