Meet Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Meet Up
I'll be in Southern Alabama for the next 10 days if anyone is around and interested in a beer or coffee.

Have car, will travel. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Meet Up
It's 2666 miles from Mobile to Seattle. Meet me halfway? Looks like somewhere in South Dakota Big Grin
Edit: southern route we could meet in Utah. Mormons Gasp
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
11-08-2016, 08:32 PM
(11-08-2016 08:24 PM)skyking Wrote:  It's 2666 miles from Mobile to Seattle. Meet me halfway? Looks like somewhere in South Dakota Big Grin

Meet you at Custer State Park?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-08-2016, 09:18 PM
LOL, I've spent the night in Mobile one time, delivering a plane to Florida. Had some shrimp and hushpuppies, and the nice guys at the airport got the plane inside for the thunderstorms.
11-08-2016, 09:21 PM
(11-08-2016 08:24 PM)skyking Wrote:  It's 2666 miles from Mobile to Seattle. Meet me halfway? Looks like somewhere in South Dakota Big Grin

I'm going to be in Seattle in early September. Besides the Space Needle and the Chihuly glass place, any suggestions for what I should see and do? I'm going to catch a Mariners game and maybe drive to Vancouver.

Sorry to hijack the thread FC, just saw "Seattle" and it made me think about it. I suppose I could have sent a PM. Oh well.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Keeps his post up there and visible.
Boeing's 100th anniversary. Museum of Flight is doing all sorts of things for that.
There's a ton of things to do, send me a PM.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
11-08-2016, 09:38 PM
(11-08-2016 09:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  

I'm going to be in Seattle in early September. Besides the Space Needle and the Chihuly glass place, any suggestions for what I should see and do? I'm going to catch a Mariners game and maybe drive to Vancouver.

Sorry to hijack the thread FC, just saw "Seattle" and it made me think about it. I suppose I could have sent a PM. Oh well.

Not who you asked, but been to Seattle before for conference. Pike Place Market is more than just the fish stuff people see on television about it, tons of other places to shop around it too, well worth the trip if you're looking for...almost anything. When I was there, managed to find some out of print Star Wars comics. Also one of the Seattle Underground tours might be worth it if you have the time. Basically there was a big fire in the last part of the 1800s, so they basically rebuilt the city on top of the old one.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
11-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Google says 8.5 hrs driving, I could meet you half way in Atlanta Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-08-2016, 10:10 PM
I don't meet up with creepy strangers Tongue

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-08-2016, 10:41 PM
(11-08-2016 10:10 PM)cactus Wrote:  I don't meet up with creepy strangers Tongue

I've met FC.

He's not creepy.

But he is a bit strange.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post