Meeting with a Mormon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: Meeting with a Mormon
(18-04-2013 10:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just ask him about his lucky underwear.

Haha ,I will.
Maybe someone could tell me again what it should protect you from?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 11:25 AM
(18-04-2013 10:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually that is a fairly common occurrence in the mormon church. God is very chatty with them. Started with Joe "the Conman" Smith and moved onto Brigham "Big Pappi" Young during the long transit of the mormons, basically being kicked out of one community after another. It was Brigham Young that was told by God that Harems are just a nifty idea why dontcha go and get you a wagon full of underaged women and have at em. Since then every leader of the mormon church or Prophet has had a batphone to heaven.

Make that grown women and I'm in. Big Grin

Also, to the OP... Magic Underwear:

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
18-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Brigham Young definitely liked the ladies, that's for sure, but Joseph Smith was the first polygamist Prophet, having had an official revelation from God sanctioning polygamy in 1843, one year before he was killed. But, by that time, he already had over 30 wives, including at least 10 who were married to other men at the time he married them. Convenient that God gave him this revelation to make his behavior official and to shut up his first wife, Emma, who was vocally and publicly distressed over Smith's acquisition of subsequent wives.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
18-04-2013, 11:54 AM
(18-04-2013 11:41 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Brigham Young definitely liked the ladies, that's for sure, but Joseph Smith was the first polygamist Prophet, having had an official revelation from God sanctioning polygamy in 1843, one year before he was killed. But, by that time, he already had over 30 wives, including at least 10 who were married to other men at the time he married them. Convenient that God gave him this revelation to make his behavior official and to shut up his first wife, Emma, who was vocally and publicly distressed over Smith's acquisition of subsequent wives.

My mistake been a while since I looked at the history of the cult of mormon. It is actually quite tragic for the common schlubs that got caught up in it. A large number of them were killed by rival religious sects.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Isn't there some kind of reincarnation on a planet with lots of wives? Misogynist much?
18-04-2013, 07:22 PM
(18-04-2013 10:04 AM)Zekaiser Wrote:  Hey folks,

I will meet an "elder" from the Mormon church next tuesday and I would be thankfull if you guys could give me some facts and informations about this church to get some arguements against this faith in more detail than just the general arguements against religion.

Greetings,
Zekaiser

Have a look at http://www.exmormon.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
19-04-2013, 12:09 AM
(18-04-2013 11:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:41 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Brigham Young definitely liked the ladies, that's for sure, but Joseph Smith was the first polygamist Prophet, having had an official revelation from God sanctioning polygamy in 1843, one year before he was killed. But, by that time, he already had over 30 wives, including at least 10 who were married to other men at the time he married them. Convenient that God gave him this revelation to make his behavior official and to shut up his first wife, Emma, who was vocally and publicly distressed over Smith's acquisition of subsequent wives.

My mistake been a while since I looked at the history of the cult of mormon. It is actually quite tragic for the common schlubs that got caught up in it. A large number of them were killed by rival religious sects.

Not enough apparently... Dodgy

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.