Meeting with a pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 06:53 AM
RE: Meeting with a pastor
I cant believe this Drich tosser..... comes into a 16 year old kids thread to sell his snake oil. Angry Unreal !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like War Horse's post
07-02-2014, 08:48 AM
(07-02-2014 04:11 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 07:47 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I asked him, if heaven is paradise, what happened to those who have loved ones who don't go to heaven (are they sad, which means there are negative feelings in "paradise", or do they just not remember/care, which is creepy)?

Fantastic! I'll be remembering that one!

As long as you're on that route, ask him if he feels free will is important for reconciling the problem of evil. If he says yes, ask him if there is any suffering in heaven. If he says no, ask him if we have free will in heaven. Do we have the capacity to do bad and simply choose not to?
  • If we don't have free will, why was it so important on earth? Sounds like a baseless excuse for the problem of evil.
  • If we do have free will, how is there no suffering in heaven if it's the justification of suffering on earth?
  • If we do have free will, but we somehow magically choose to be good 100% of the time, what caused that change? Why are we capable of being that good on heaven and not on earth? This violated the excuse of free will for justifying the problem of evil.

Now, it's possible he doesn't buy into the free will defense and/or that he thinks we can suffer in heaven, but most Christians I know wouldn't answer either question that way. I made a thread that went into a bit more detail on the matter a while back.
07-02-2014, 09:06 PM
(06-02-2014 11:33 PM)Drich Wrote:  (not looking for an argument or a chance to preach)

(06-02-2014 11:54 PM)Drich Wrote:  It means nothing to God as it is always based on the lessor of two evils blah blah blah...

^^^ THIS is preaching, you lying son of a bitch.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-02-2014, 01:42 AM
(07-02-2014 06:53 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I cant believe this Drich tosser..... comes into a 16 year old kids thread to sell his snake oil. Angry Unreal !

Just ignore him. He'll get bored eventually.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
08-02-2014, 10:22 AM
(07-02-2014 06:53 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I cant believe this Drich tosser..... comes into a 16 year old kids thread to sell his snake oil. Angry Unreal !

I think he's helping us actually. This kid is obviously opening his mind and asking good questions, and he's getting a first-hand look at the reasoning of atheists compared to the snake oil pitch of the creationist. I say, let Drich make a fool of himself here. It only shows the kid how condescending, hypocritical, and out of touch with reality people like that are.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
08-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Its always the same shit with Drippy.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
(08-02-2014 11:38 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  

Its always the same shit with Drippy.

The word your looking for is consistency. Smile
08-02-2014, 07:31 PM
(08-02-2014 07:00 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 11:38 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Its always the same shit with Drippy.

The word your looking for is consistency. Smile

The word YOU'RE looking for is "YOU'RE".

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM
(07-02-2014 12:21 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  And we can see by direct observation of the world that god's plan was craptastically imperfect.
how so?
Quote: Fact is, if he is omniscient, he knew what he was doing all along and willingly chose to pursue a plan that included roasting most of his beloved creations in hell for all of eternity. Good fucking god.
what makes you think we ALL are God's 'choice' creations? Christ seemed to think differently than you do. (The parables of the Sheep, goats, wheat, weeds, wheat chaff etc..) this show a very distinct line between 'God's choice creations' ( sheep/wheat) and the undesirables.(goats, weeds, chaff)
So according to Christ God does not seek to have everyone in Heaven.
Quote:And this is obvious by the thousands of contrary religions and billions of their followers who claim to have exactly the same qualifications for legitimacy.
indeed they do... What is your point?
Quote:It's not a crap standard. It's the same standard that humans have been making in every different generation and social group since we had the ability to do so.
Standard as it pertains to this discussion: something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, extent, value, or quality
Because your standard is based on pop culture, it is ever changing. Because it is ever changing it can no longer be considered to be a true standard of anything. Hence 'crap standard.'

Quote:This is especially evident when we observe religious standards change and see it justified through some new interpretation of the bible that happens to fit perfectly with the current generation and/or social group. Funny that.
religious standards/morality is based on pop Christianity rather than pop culture.. Same process just different part of the culture. This too is a crap standard.
Now, don't confuse these two forms of 'morality' with God's righteousness. That never changes.[/quote]

Quote:I'll agree with you here. The standard for having prayer answered has always been: "If you are faithful enough to know god's will, then obviously you would have been praying for exactly what he made happen, because it's perfect and shit. If what you prayed for didn't happen, you need to check yourself and submit even more to religious dogma, or give more to the church, because you're not a good enough person yet, you're ideas are shit and you still deserve to burn in hell for even thinking them, but you're lucky that god did that whole crucifixion thing so you just count your lucky stars and pay no never mind that your life is shit and prayer isn't working for you."
Ahhh, no.

Again the purpose of prayer is very simple. It is for you to ask God to change your will to His, what ever that maybe.
08-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Ooo, a thinking atheist. I've heard of them before just never met oneBig Grin
(07-02-2014 08:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  As long as you're on that route, ask him if he feels free will is important for reconciling the problem of evil.
no. 'Free will' as in the context you are using here was a Greek philosophy and not a biblical principle. The bible infact says the opposite. It says we are slaves to sin, as such we have indeed been given one choice. That is do we wish to accept the attonement Christ offers freeing us form Sin and the conquences of it or not.

Quote:If he says yes, ask him if there is any suffering in heaven.
no

Quote:If he says no, ask him if we have free will in heaven.
no

Quote:Do we have the capacity to do bad and simply choose not to?
That is what this life is about. To choose whether or not we wish to live under God and His rule.
Quote:
  • If we don't have free will, why was it so important on earth?
We don't we are slaves to sin on earth.

Quote:Sounds like a baseless excuse for the problem of evil.
how so?

Quote:
  • If we do have free will, how is there no suffering in heaven if it's the justification of suffering on earth?
  • there is suffering on earth because we are slaves to sin and subsequently to the Father of all sin.

Quote:
  • If we do have free will, but we somehow magically choose to be good 100% of the time, what caused that change? Why are we capable of being that good on heaven and not on earth? This violated the excuse of free will for justifying the problem of evil.
  • problem solved read the above paragraphs Big GrinConsider

Quote:Now, it's possible he doesn't buy into the free will defense and/or that he thinks we can suffer in heaven, but most Christians I know wouldn't answer either question that way. I made a thread that went into a bit more detail on the matter a while back.
    if your core argument[/quote] is represented here then know it's based on religious beliefs, not what is said in the bible.