Meeting with a pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 02:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Meeting with a pastor
(09-02-2014 01:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Trying to use my Christian "logic" here:
When you die, in a sense you are "reborn" into heaven without any knowledge of your former life on Earth (assuming you make it past judgment).

If I can't keep myself then why the fuck should I even give a shit?

And in the interest of grounding my own dangling dingleberry references ...

If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2014, 02:05 PM

Maybe it's not.
When you die, in a sense you are "reborn" into heaven without any knowledge of your former life on Earth (assuming you make it past judgment). Which would account for the no "sadness" of leaving others behind.

Makes sense to me... well, sense by using Christian "logic" of course.

Christian "logic" ? , isnt that a contradiction in terms... a paradox Huh

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
09-02-2014, 02:13 PM
(09-02-2014 01:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If I can't keep myself then why the fuck should I even give a shit?

You would still be "yourself", just without any earthly influence.

(09-02-2014 02:05 PM)War Horse Wrote:  

Maybe it's not.
When you die, in a sense you are "reborn" into heaven without any knowledge of your former life on Earth (assuming you make it past judgment). Which would account for the no "sadness" of leaving others behind.

Makes sense to me... well, sense by using Christian "logic" of course.

Christian "logic" ? , isnt that a contradiction in terms... a paradox Huh

Hence why the word logic is in quotations. I'm not Christian, I'm just attempting to come up with something one would say that makes sense within their biblical boundaries.
I'm not using rational logic, I'm attempting to use their biblical "logic".

Atir aissom atir imon
09-02-2014, 02:37 PM
(09-02-2014 01:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  A good indicator is in how atheist respond to my posts. If my theology is weak they attack it and tear it apart hoping to destroy my faith in the process. If my theology is strong they attack me personally, avoiding a theological discussion at all costs..

With that in mind you tell me.

Q) When you join a forum, do the atheists first attack your argument and end up attacking you even for new arguments that you have not stated before?
09-02-2014, 02:45 PM
(09-02-2014 02:13 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Hence why the word logic is in quotations. I'm not Christian, I'm just attempting to come up with something one would say that makes sense within their biblical boundaries.
I'm not using rational logic, I'm attempting to use their biblical "logic".

I know, I'm just being a drunken smartass. Tongue

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
(09-02-2014 01:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  A good indicator is in how atheist respond to my posts. If my theology is weak they attack it and tear it apart hoping to destroy my faith in the process. If my theology is strong they attack me personally, avoiding a theological discussion at all costs..

Consider the possibility that the reason everyone ends up attacking you personally, is simply because you're an obnoxious dooshbag.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 4 users Like toadaly's post
09-02-2014, 03:48 PM
(09-02-2014 03:08 PM)toadaly Wrote:  

Consider the possibility that the reason everyone ends up attacking you personally, is simply because you're an obnoxious dooshbag.
Big Grin
but isn't it funny that the effort is always made to try and topple my beliefs first, and it is only after complete failure that the personal attacks come out?

If my douche baggieness was such a over powering force that it needed to be addressed, then why isn't it addressed first?

Why isn't my obnoxiousness identified till after your attempts to topple my beliefs have failed?Consider

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
09-02-2014, 03:57 PM
(09-02-2014 03:48 PM)Drich Wrote:  but isn't it funny that the effort is always made to try and topple my beliefs first, and it is only after complete failure that the personal attacks come out?

To me, this seems perfectly ordinary. I often put up with some amount of obnoxiousness to see if someone has something original or interesting. But if they don't, and *all* they have is their obnoxiousness, well, then out come the ad homs.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
09-02-2014, 04:08 PM
(09-02-2014 03:48 PM)Drich Wrote:  but isn't it funny that the effort is always made to try and topple my beliefs first, and it is only after complete failure that the personal attacks come out?

If my douche baggieness was such a over powering force that it needed to be addressed, then why isn't it addressed first?

Why isn't my obnoxiousness identified till after your attempts to topple my beliefs have failed?Consider

It's all to do with tolerance and patience running out.

Do not for one moment think that you are in anyway convincing anyone here or that they are having trouble finding the flaws in your argument. The exasperation comes from trying to find how to communicate certain things to you that you do not want to understand because you do not want to accept it.

It can happen to even the best teacher if the student is particularly stubborn.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
09-02-2014, 04:32 PM
(09-02-2014 03:08 PM)toadaly Wrote:  

I'm sorry to have to point this out to you Toad but you misspelled "dooshbag" in this instance...you should have used a capital "D". Smartass

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post