Meeting with a pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Meeting with a pastor
(09-02-2014 03:48 PM)Drich Wrote:  Big Grin
but isn't it funny that the effort is always made to try and topple my beliefs first, and it is only after complete failure that the personal attacks come out?

If my douche baggieness was such a over powering force that it needed to be addressed, then why isn't it addressed first?

Why isn't my obnoxiousness identified till after your attempts to topple my beliefs have failed?Consider

Oh..okay then. You're a doosh. You're terribly obnoxious with your constant twaddle of presented sentences that purport to be informative. Basically a waste of posting space on the forums.

Happy now?

Very much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM
(08-02-2014 09:46 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 01:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Just ignore him. He'll get bored eventually.

I started my q&a campaign march 16 2008, and I plan to do this or something like this the rest of my life Lord willing.

Fucking hell what a boring bastard.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
09-02-2014, 06:56 PM
(09-02-2014 01:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 01:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Trying to use my Christian "logic" here:
When you die, in a sense you are "reborn" into heaven without any knowledge of your former life on Earth (assuming you make it past judgment).

If I can't keep myself then why the fuck should I even give a shit?

And in the interest of grounding my own dangling dingleberry references ...

If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

I absolutely love this version. Was blown away when I first heard it and was moved to buy my first Johnny Cash album.
09-02-2014, 07:31 PM
(09-02-2014 01:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 01:30 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  It's been 6 years yet you still can't even effectively communicate yourself within an atheist community.
So, how's that campaign coming again?

A good indicator is in how atheist respond to my posts. If my theology is weak they attack it and tear it apart hoping to destroy my faith in the process.

Which means ALL of your theology. However, we don't give a fuck about your "faith". You really think you're that important. Like I said: delusion runs deep.

Quote:If my theology is strong they attack me personally, avoiding a theological discussion at all costs..

You wish.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
09-02-2014, 07:34 PM
(09-02-2014 03:48 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 03:08 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Consider the possibility that the reason everyone ends up attacking you personally, is simply because you're an obnoxious dooshbag.
Big Grin
but isn't it funny that the effort is always made to try and topple my beliefs first, and it is only after complete failure that the personal attacks come out?

It's not about "toppling your beliefs" at all -- again, your narcissism is showing. It's about destroying the idiotic and unfounded assertions that you are trying to press on us.

Quote:If my douche baggieness was such a over powering force that it needed to be addressed, then why isn't it addressed first?

I addressed it the very first thing.

Quote:Why isn't my obnoxiousness identified till after your attempts to topple my beliefs have failed?Consider

No one here has failed to destroy your dipshit assertions, sport. Not one.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 12:21 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  And we can see by direct observation of the world that god's plan was craptastically imperfect.
how so?

It's painfully obvious to many, many people. Atheist and christian. You can close your eyes all you want, but that's the only reason you can't see it.

(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  what makes you think we ALL are God's 'choice' creations? Christ seemed to think differently than you do. (The parables of the Sheep, goats, wheat, weeds, wheat chaff etc..) this show a very distinct line between 'God's choice creations' ( sheep/wheat) and the undesirables.(goats, weeds, chaff)
So according to Christ God does not seek to have everyone in Heaven.

Which shows that he is not an all loving god. Are you a calvinist?

(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:And this is obvious by the thousands of contrary religions and billions of their followers who claim to have exactly the same qualifications for legitimacy.
indeed they do... What is your point?

Point is that you have no qualification for legitimacy in your claims.

(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  Standard as it pertains to this discussion: something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, extent, value, or quality
Because your standard is based on pop culture, it is ever changing. Because it is ever changing it can no longer be considered to be a true standard of anything. Hence 'crap standard.'

You completely missed the point. The standard "established by authority", or the church (whichever denomination you want to look at) has evolved to reflect the pop standards of the time throughout history. This is evident especially in America when you look at the church revising its standing on first slavery, then women's rights, then segregation, and even now we can see the change in acceptance of homosexuals.

Religion is man made. Always was, always will be. The standards of god have always reflected the standards of the men who profess to worship god. Again, if you can't see this, it's because you have your eyes closed.

(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  don't confuse these two forms of 'morality' with God's righteousness. That never changes.

Oh horseshit. It changes enough in the bible itself.

(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  Again the purpose of prayer is very simple. It is for you to ask God to change your will to His, what ever that maybe.

Which is a very convenient attitude to have so that whatever naturally happens in life is automatically god's will and you can be assured that it's right.

"Don't ask god for stuff, cus that won't actually work. You have to just go with the flow because that's the right attitude."

Could be that......or it could just be shit happening because god either don't care, or isn't there. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
09-02-2014, 08:24 PM
(08-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  Again the purpose of prayer is very simple. It is for you to ask God to change your will to His, what ever that maybe.

Dear God,
The doctor has just diagnosed my father with cancer. Please help me want that my father has cancer too.
Amen

Yeah, that's better, I see how all of us should be jumping on this bandwagon.

This is what I think of you and your delusions

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-02-2014, 05:23 AM
Drich you come on this forum saying that you are only here to provide answers to any questions that we may have, which is odd when you consider that this an atheist forum and not an agnostic forum. Yet you have two threads which demonstrate that your motive is to emotionally manipulate people and to play on their fears.

Your judgement day defence strategy. The assumption here that judgement day is real and the implication that we know this but need a defence strategy in order to avoid the consequences of abandoning God. The aim of this thread is to focus our minds on what we're doing wrong and how futile it is.

Your conversion thread. You tell us a story where you claim to have seen Hell. The immediate reaction to people when coming across new evidence, even anecdotal, is to ask yourself, am I wrong? The thread plays on people's inherent fears about making a mistake. Being a forum for thinking atheists though, the first thing that happens here is that people start to question every assumption that was made in drawing up the conclusion and find that it was nothing more than a lucid dream.

You are not here to answer questions. You are here to exploit the years of conditioning that many ex-Christians many been subjected to and feed the fears that have been instilled in them. Your targets are not the hard boiled atheists who can argue back but the newcomers whose faith has only just started to topple.
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
11-02-2014, 09:06 AM
(11-02-2014 05:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Drich you come on this forum saying that you are only here to provide answers to any questions that we may have, which is odd when you consider that this an atheist forum and not an agnostic forum. Yet you have two threads which demonstrate that your motive is to emotionally manipulate people and to play on their fears.

Your judgement day defence strategy. The assumption here that judgement day is real and the implication that we know this but need a defence strategy in order to avoid the consequences of abandoning God. The aim of this thread is to focus our minds on what we're doing wrong and how futile it is.

Your conversion thread. You tell us a story where you claim to have seen Hell. The immediate reaction to people when coming across new evidence, even anecdotal, is to ask yourself, am I wrong? The thread plays on people's inherent fears about making a mistake. Being a forum for thinking atheists though, the first thing that happens here is that people start to question every assumption that was made in drawing up the conclusion and find that it was nothing more than a lucid dream.

You are not here to answer questions. You are here to exploit the years of conditioning that many ex-Christians many been subjected to and feed the fears that have been instilled in them. Your targets are not the hard boiled atheists who can argue back but the newcomers whose faith has only just started to topple.

Perfectly stated. Thank you.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-02-2014, 09:35 AM
I would ask if he thought jebus was a zombie.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller