Meetups

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Meetups
Is there a site out there that posts meet ups by location. I got to thinking about it and I have never heard of a site for Atheist "Chruch" meet ups. If your a baptist, catholic, etc its a quick search. Want an atheist meet up? Hard to find.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2017, 05:24 AM
RE: Meetups
Try using 'freethinker' rather than atheist in a search.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-07-2017, 05:28 AM
(09-07-2017 05:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Try using 'freethinker' rather than atheist in a search.

Thanks. I've been an Atheist since I was about 12 but never really got involved with Freethinker or Atheist groups. If I can find a small enough one I think i would like to check one out. What I would really like is to go to a Freethinker convention but sadly that's impossible.

Also I still don't see a single site that seems to list them. If there isn't one I might consider putting one together.
09-07-2017, 05:31 AM
I went to one once, with a friend who goes frequently.....

A buncha skinny, nearsighted vegetarian twits all trying to be the Alpha- nerd.

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-07-2017, 05:34 AM
Found it sort of. I'd really like to find something like a local oasis and see what it's like. But like I said it needs to be small.
09-07-2017, 05:35 AM
(09-07-2017 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I went to one once, with a friend who goes frequently.....

Heh

Fellowship for Freethought in Dallas is nothing like that.

I dare ya to call Aron Ra a nearsighted twit. Tongue

And Alix Jules is stacked...definitely not skinny.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-07-2017, 05:40 AM
(09-07-2017 05:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I went to one once, with a friend who goes frequently.....

Heh

Fellowship for Freethought in Dallas is nothing like that.

I dare ya to call Aron Ra a nearsighted twit. Tongue

And Alix Jules is stacked...definitely not skinny.

I'm sure you're right, but the meetup I went to might as well have been a Star Trek fanboy club meeting......

I'm not really convinced it wasn't...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Just look through every group within a certain distance on Meetup.com, and you may run across something interesting.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-07-2017, 09:23 AM
(09-07-2017 05:21 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I have never heard of a site for Atheist "Chruch" meet ups.

Try searching for "groups" instead of "church". There are a couple of groups that have established atheist gatherings based on religious services. However many atheists reject any attempt to make that connection.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
09-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Searching "Secular Humanist" does the job in my part of the world. It brings up ONE within a reasonable distance. I noticed a few years ago that around here you'll find more groups for Druids/Pagans/Wiccans than secular humanists. To each his own.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams