Meetups

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: Meetups
(09-07-2017 09:23 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 05:21 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I have never heard of a site for Atheist "Chruch" meet ups.

Try searching for "groups" instead of "church". There are a couple of groups that have established atheist gatherings based on religious services. However many atheists reject any attempt to make that connection.
I didn't type church but used it in quote here. I don't want a "church" exactly, but I don't want a stuffy debate club either.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2017, 11:13 AM
I don't have any desire to attend atheist "group" meetings. I probably have very little in common with many atheists anyway—other than the singular opinion that the possibility of God or gods existing in the real world is zero.

To me, attending an atheist group meetup would be similar to attending a non-stamp-collecting group meetup. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
09-07-2017, 11:19 AM
(09-07-2017 09:32 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:23 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Try searching for "groups" instead of "church". There are a couple of groups that have established atheist gatherings based on religious services. However many atheists reject any attempt to make that connection.
I didn't type church but used it in quote here. I don't want a "church" exactly, but I don't want a stuffy debate club either.

Well, there is a church like thing that is frequented by many atheists and agnostics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-07-2017, 04:35 PM
(09-07-2017 09:30 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "Secular Humanist" does the job in my part of the world.

Or "humanist meeting {name of your city}".

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Try Meetup.com There's all kinds of groups listed under this orginazation. I belong to several. I love the Contemplative Hiking group I joined under Meetup.com.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
(09-07-2017 11:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:32 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I didn't type church but used it in quote here. I don't want a "church" exactly, but I don't want a stuffy debate club either.

Well, there is a church like thing that is frequented by many atheists and agnostics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism

Which I'm a member of. I'd like to try out a freethinker club some time, but I like the community of a church.