Megalyths and ancient advanced technology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Megalyths and ancient advanced technology
(01-11-2017 04:44 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  If wanted to know what I "believe" then you could ask. You make assertions which aren't supported. I know what I believe, you plainly don't.

I could equally say that Gawdzilla believe in little green men, then call him an asshole, but I don't because...I'm not an idiot.

Yes you are. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2017, 05:39 AM
(01-11-2017 04:50 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  So what?

It's a constellation, not a "star sign".

Never heard of it. Have you a credible reference?

Go look for yourself

Do you mean the sword? Because the belt does not and it's a stretch to interpret the sword that way.

The Three Kings, which form a diagonal line.

Have you a credible reference?

Go look

My conclusion is that those ideas have no strong relationship to each other and some of it is just made up..

That would be your conclusion, just an assertion, no credible references. As I said, make of it what you will.

I suggest, then, that you don't make your posts indistinguishable from assertions.

Thanks for your advice

I did look for support for your assertions and there isn't any - that's why I asked.

Your assertions are bogus.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-11-2017, 05:52 AM
(31-10-2017 01:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:34 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  THIS, this is bit I'm talking about.

Bravo, you post like a wall of text, half of which is random ideas with no general evidence or conspiracy theories, and you wonder why we think YOU think this?

The rest of the things you post, like the small 2 paragraphs I quoted earlier, are actually decent ideas....but none of those are new ideas, they are all things we've known for a very long time.
GIANT WALL OF TEXT

yeah...not reading that lol. You've since posted like 1 or two OTHER giant walls of texts as well. Can you ever just give us the footnotes/the TLDR version of what your'e saying?

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
01-11-2017, 05:58 AM
(01-11-2017 05:52 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 01:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  GIANT WALL OF TEXT

yeah...not reading that lol. You've since posted like 1 or two OTHER giant walls of texts as well. Can you ever just give us the footnotes/the TLDR version of what your'e saying?

That would require him thinking about what he's posted. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
01-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Yes, I took Typing 10 in Grade 10...hmmm...44 years ago and have touch-typed ever since. I apologise if it appears I am creating walls of text, but I can type as fast as I can speak so maybe there's no filter. I should start using just two fingers...be more "terse". lol

Don't think I'm sitting here pouring over this stuff. It's just free-wheeling, random thoughts about things I've read, seen. I'm not writing a book, just posting stuff on a web forum. Maybe I don't take it seriously enough for you guys, but then, I've been sh.t on since I came here, so I don't really care.
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2017, 11:11 AM
(01-11-2017 05:52 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 01:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  GIANT WALL OF TEXT

Why would I want to do that? That would mean showing respect for a group of people who treat me like sh.t.
01-11-2017, 11:27 AM
(01-11-2017 11:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 05:52 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  yeah...not reading that lol. You've since posted like 1 or two OTHER giant walls of texts as well. Can you ever just give us the footnotes/the TLDR version of what your'e saying?

Why would I want to do that? That would mean showing respect for a group of people who treat me like sh.t.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
02-11-2017, 04:39 AM
(01-11-2017 11:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 05:52 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  yeah...not reading that lol. You've since posted like 1 or two OTHER giant walls of texts as well. Can you ever just give us the footnotes/the TLDR version of what your'e saying?

It just makes me think of this:

[Image: 0a6f04c637171daf65c7b68de85e801e--inspir...oughts.jpg]

But it's about right in this situation. If you can't condense your thoughts into something we can all read/understand well enough, then you personally don't seem to know what you're talking about. In my case, I do respect you, as I respect everybody equally, but I'm reading your gigantic posts and I have little to no idea of what you're trying to say, and clearly we're all getting confused as to what you actually mean.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
02-11-2017, 04:43 AM
(01-11-2017 11:05 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Don't think I'm sitting here pouring over this stuff. It's just free-wheeling, random thoughts about things I've read, seen.

I get it. You're not ramming religion down our throats. It's cool.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-11-2017, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 08:54 AM by Deltabravo.)
(02-11-2017 04:39 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 11:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Why would I want to do that? That would mean showing respect for a group of people who treat me like sh.t.

It just makes me think of this:

[Image: 0a6f04c637171daf65c7b68de85e801e--inspir...oughts.jpg]

But it's about right in this situation. If you can't condense your thoughts into something we can all read/understand well enough, then you personally don't seem to know what you're talking about. In my case, I do respect you, as I respect everybody equally, but I'm reading your gigantic posts and I have little to no idea of what you're trying to say, and clearly we're all getting confused as to what you actually mean.

Here, I'll make it easy. In the Near East, the Fertile Crescent, there was an old civilization with lots of rituals, customs and traditions. Among these were ones which today we would say were paganistic, phallic, mysogyinistic, ritualistic.

Greek and Roman thinkers developed philosophies such as Epicureanism, which we would say are almost entirely secular and in this milieu arose political ideas such as "democracy" and "mixed government" which protected the right of civilians against barbaric rulers who considered themselves to be omnipotent.

The religion which we believe Christianity arose from was not "Judaism" as we know it today. It arose in an area where people followed a religion which was more like that in Egypt. If you look at the archaeology and motifs of Egypt, you can see this religion and it is not confined to Egypt, nor is the architecture, as evidenced by similar architecture and motifs being found elsewhere, suggesting there was an old world system which was far reaching.

When the Romans conquered the Near East and Egypt, they came up across this old religion and its people and they tried to change their ways by changing the nature of their god. They first rolled out an international cult following a new god called Serapis.

After Nero died, there was a power vacuum in Rome and there were four Emperors in the space of a year, and war broke out in Judea. During this war, a character called Izates rose up but was defeated by the Romans. He had been converted by a Hellenistic Jew to a new philosophy base on the Old Testament. As a result of this war, the Romans promulgated a new religion based on the Gospel of Mattthew, which they began spreading through the region and in which they preached an ethical philosophy based on the golden rule but they used this "messiah" character, loosely (?) based on Izates. This religion became Christianity. This is my own "view", and it's not something I have a "belief" in. It is just, for me, a better explanation of events. I may be wrong, but, frankly, it makes no difference because I have nothing invested in this veiwpoint. It's just based on a number of pieces of writing and other "evidence" which suggests to me it is "probably" more of a "plausible" explanation than others. (As distinct from a "belief" which is something one adheres to dogmatically, as "certain", as opposed to "probable" and is not based on real facts and evidence at all)

Why this is significant is that Christianity is not a ritual based religion. It rejects the rituals of the existing religion. The Jesus character may be partly based on a real person but the religion of the people to whom he is preaching are not "Jews". They are gentiles, ie., the pagan descendants of the original inhabitants of this area, the Assyrians, Sumerians, Khem, call them what you want, they are all the same people.

What happened thereafter is that the Western world became Christianized and the old religion along with its rituals, culture and ideology became lost so that now when we look back at things like the pyramids, we are told they are just "tombs" and we are surprised when we find out that they are highly sophisticated constructions which reflect highly advanced technologies and religious motifs which challenge our notions of history, as promulgated in the Christianized West. For that matter, Islam even more ruthlessly suppresses ancient history and religions.

One academic who writes on along these lines is Andrey Korotoyev: https://www.academia.edu/29329039/World_...Press_2004

Whether anyone wants to look into this is up to them. I'm not his apologist, nor have I read much of what he has written or examined it, but he does provide a different take on world history which some might find interesting. Again, I'm not his friend, nor have i met him, or spoken to him, or written to him. He doesn't know me from Adam and I'm not responsible for what he has written, nor do I vouch for it. So, please, if anyone wants to read it, go ahead. If you don't want to read it, fine, just leave me alone and spew your bile some place else.