Megalyths and ancient advanced technology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 01:01 AM
RE: Megalyths and ancient advanced technology
(05-11-2017 10:56 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 08:40 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So there is an alignment of stars and a planet that is visible in 2017, and you can connect them into a cross, and you dont care if that same alignment happens at any other given time.

Your point is?

Uh, no, I don't care whether some stars looked like a man to some ancient people or that they line up with a planet. It's not something I spend a lot of time worrying about.

I did think, however, that the planets were in roughly the same alignment this year as they were a hundred and a thousand years ago. Maybe I'm mistaken. I'm not an astronomer but if you're telling me that the orbits of the Earth and Jupiter have changed over the past 2000 years, then you're welcome to explain when that happened.

So you don't care enough to do any real work, to get to any real point. Your MO, as always, is abject navel gazing. The dot-connecting about this alignment matters, then it doesn't. I doesn't matter to you, and you don't care enough to put in the work to double check if it even was in place sometime in the past to be at all relevant, and yet you'll 'yeah but' about it and keep trying to defend yourself over it.

Grow the fuck up asshole. Go get a crowbar, and kindly use it to pry your head out of your anal cavity already. You are easily the forum's best politician, in that you've almost made an art out of saying a lot of something that means nothing. If anyone is a troll here, it's the one posting nothing but inane drivel.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-11-2017, 03:50 AM
(06-11-2017 01:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 10:56 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Uh, no, I don't care whether some stars looked like a man to some ancient people or that they line up with a planet. It's not something I spend a lot of time worrying about.

I did think, however, that the planets were in roughly the same alignment this year as they were a hundred and a thousand years ago. Maybe I'm mistaken. I'm not an astronomer but if you're telling me that the orbits of the Earth and Jupiter have changed over the past 2000 years, then you're welcome to explain when that happened.

I doesn't matter to you, and you don't care enough to put in the work to double check if it even was in place sometime in the past to be at all relevant, and yet you'll 'yeah but' about it and keep trying to defend yourself over it

Exactly.

If he would care then he would have found out that stars can, indeed, within the span of a few hundred or tousands of years, have noticeable apparent motion. So his claim that the sky was always the same (since humans were looking up to it) is nonsense in the first place. If he would care, then he would check now if any of the stars (dots) he likes so much connecting have in fact moved since the era of Egypt.

But he already has said, he doesnt know about astronomy, doesnt care to know or learn. Thats why he mixed up stars and planets and inferred from my previous comment that i was referring to a change in planetary orbits, which i was not. He is ignorant, willfully ignorant, yet has the nerve to be dismissive, when someone who claims to be a hobby astronomer (Chas) is trying to school him.

The very least i would expect from someone who admits to being ignorant about a topic and claims to have no interest in learning about said topic (aka "willfully ignorant" ) is to shut the fuck up and listen when someone enters the room who does, in fact, have knowledge about this topic.

(04-11-2017 09:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am an amateur astronomer. There is no cross behind Orion.
(05-11-2017 08:30 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Temporary, appearing at Christmas, yes. Temporary over thousands of years? I have no idea, nor do I care,

(04-11-2017 09:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  I actually have no investment in any of these ideas
Why are you posting them in the first place then?
Why are you defending them if you dont necessarily believe in the ideas you post (you already have admitted to this in this thread), have no investment in those ideas and nor do you care?
Is it about your ego then? About your "hobby" to connect random dots in history? Is this why you created a whole thread about you and what you do (woo)?
Its not about those ideas, is it? Its about you and your "hobby", and you dont like to be told that your hobby is nonsense.

(04-11-2017 11:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Let me put it this way. Yes, astrology, as opposed to astronomy, is about joining stars with lines to make a figure.
No, its not. Its about effects of celestial objects (planets, stars/constellations) on humans and their lives. Facepalm
this is just another example how

For the record:
In other threads i have seen you repeatedly and consistently seen posting very reasonable stuff. This makes me believe that you are a decent person in general and not of those "general nutjobs", but your "hobby" of dot connecting has gone beyond ridiculousness. Not that "real" research involves looking at data and trying to find any, possible, relationships between data points, but much like a theist, you are shoehorning what you like to be true (even if you claim to not believe it or have any emotinal investment, while proving the opposite by defending these ideas so hard , thats the part of your cognitive dissonance)

This is not a vendetta, but a wakeup call. You are living in a dot connected fantasy and are absolutely entitled to do so, and we are free to call you out for it, just like its done to all those theists who stumble in here once in a while.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-11-2017, 04:35 AM
Where did our bitty baby fundy go? Laughat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2017, 05:06 AM
I've asked a few times now, but I still have no idea on the purpose of this thread and Delta's own personal thoughts on the subject.

All I want is "I think [this]" but we keep getting just essays of word salad that means nothing lol.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
06-11-2017, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 05:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(06-11-2017 05:06 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I've asked a few times now, but I still have no idea on the purpose of this thread and Delta's own personal thoughts on the subject.

All I want is "I think [this]" but we keep getting just essays of word salad that means nothing lol.

And defenses of things he simultaneously cares enough about to defend, but never enough to actual learn anything about. If we dismiss him as in uninformed crank, he deflects how with 'yeah but' and how he's just asking questions, but not really into it. Press further, and he gets caught up in defending the subject from criticism, even in the face of explicitly claiming to not hold dearly or not care enough to learn anything.

It's the woo-woo version of 'I'm not a racist, but...', because it is almost inevitably followed by the most racist thing ever. Swap out racism for woo, and you have DeltaBravo.

'I'm not saying the Pyramids are made out of poured concrete/Abraham was a Celt/Jesus was an Illuminati, but...' Rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-11-2017, 05:32 AM
It's a case of too much "Forbidden Archeology" and not enough brains.
08-11-2017, 02:57 AM
(06-11-2017 05:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It's a case of too much "Forbidden Archeology" and not enough brains.

No, it's a case of too many "pseuds"* like you, trying to be hits for themselves by engaging in "thought control", setting up straw men, engaging in ad hominems and generally being intellectually dishonest.

*Pseud:nounBRITISHinformal
plural noun: pseuds
a pretentious person, especially one who claims to know a great deal about art, literature, etc.
"this method is the refuge of the charlatan, the pseud, and the modestly talented"
synonyms: pretentious person, poser, poseur, show-off, sham, fraud"
08-11-2017, 04:17 AM
Yeah, that must be it.
08-11-2017, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 06:30 AM by Deltabravo.)
(06-11-2017 03:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 01:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I doesn't matter to you, and you don't care enough to put in the work to double check if it even was in place sometime in the past to be at all relevant, and yet you'll 'yeah but' about it and keep trying to defend yourself over it

Exactly.

If he would care then he would have found out that stars can, indeed, within the span of a few hundred or tousands of years, have noticeable apparent motion. So his claim that the sky was always the same (since humans were looking up to it) is nonsense in the first place. If he would care, then he would check now if any of the stars (dots) he likes so much connecting have in fact moved since the era of Egypt.

But he already has said, he doesnt know about astronomy, doesnt care to know or learn. Thats why he mixed up stars and planets and inferred from my previous comment that i was referring to a change in planetary orbits, which i was not. He is ignorant, willfully ignorant, yet has the nerve to be dismissive, when someone who claims to be a hobby astronomer (Chas) is trying to school him.

The very least i would expect from someone who admits to being ignorant about a topic and claims to have no interest in learning about said topic (aka "willfully ignorant" ) is to shut the fuck up and listen when someone enters the room who does, in fact, have knowledge about this topic.

(04-11-2017 09:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am an amateur astronomer. There is no cross behind Orion.
(05-11-2017 08:30 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Temporary, appearing at Christmas, yes. Temporary over thousands of years? I have no idea, nor do I care,

(04-11-2017 09:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  I actually have no investment in any of these ideas
Why are you posting them in the first place then?
Why are you defending them if you dont necessarily believe in the ideas you post (you already have admitted to this in this thread), have no investment in those ideas and nor do you care?
Is it about your ego then? About your "hobby" to connect random dots in history? Is this why you created a whole thread about you and what you do (woo)?
Its not about those ideas, is it? Its about you and your "hobby", and you dont like to be told that your hobby is nonsense.

(04-11-2017 11:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Let me put it this way. Yes, astrology, as opposed to astronomy, is about joining stars with lines to make a figure.
No, its not. Its about effects of celestial objects (planets, stars/constellations) on humans and their lives. Facepalm
this is just another example how

For the record:
In other threads i have seen you repeatedly and consistently seen posting very reasonable stuff. This makes me believe that you are a decent person in general and not of those "general nutjobs", but your "hobby" of dot connecting has gone beyond ridiculousness. Not that "real" research involves looking at data and trying to find any, possible, relationships between data points, but much like a theist, you are shoehorning what you like to be true (even if you claim to not believe it or have any emotinal investment, while proving the opposite by defending these ideas so hard , thats the part of your cognitive dissonance)

This is not a vendetta, but a wakeup call. You are living in a dot connected fantasy and are absolutely entitled to do so, and we are free to call you out for it, just like its done to all those theists who stumble in here once in a while.

For the purposes of the Christ Myth theories, the stars and planets are in the same place now that they were over the past several thousand years.

I don't "care" from a philosophical perspective. I'm indifferent, as everyone should be who claims to be objective. It doesn't matter to me if Christianity arose out of a myth, or some historical figure. It makes no difference to me what the answer is. The important thing is that people are allowed to think, ask questions and come to their own conclusions.

When someone rants like a lunatic, calling people horrible names, it says to me that they DO have some ideological point of view and it upsets them to hear any opposing view. If they are actually objective and they feel they have a good argument, they don't make their position stronger by engaging in ad hominems.

I don't ascribe to any religion so, for me, nothing is out of bounds in terms of looking at how religions formed.

I was raised as a church-goer. That's as high as I would put it, because I didn't take in all the dogma of Christianity or the stories in the New Testament. To me, they were just stories which I assumed were true, except for the stuff that obviously was not true. I was able from an early age to distinguish between reality and fiction, so that when my friends played cowboys and indians, I knew they were real people, but that they weren't actually cowboys and indians. So, I just thought the NT was true in some parts and not true in others.

My perspective now, is that I have nothing to do with Christians socially because I find the ones who want to know if I "believe" in God or Jesus, to be a pain in the ass and I don't like dealing with all that.

My own take on Christianity is that Jesus was preaching to the Gentiles, and these people had a religion which involved a messiah figure who they thought, for some reason, was going to be born of a virgin, could walk on water, cure the sick, rise from the dead. I can see how these ideas are similar to ideas in Egyptian religion. That's not outlandish at all. What's the alternative? Were the people in Judea at that time all "Jewish"? I'm not sure what that would even mean.

What I don't like here, which is something which is common to many forums, is that there is a tendancy for some people to engage in ad hominems and say "we have already heard that" or "we" don't accept something. When I was in university, people talked openly, thought freely, discussed things in a friendly environment, and people didn't engage in nasty personality attacks on others to get some psychological advantage over someone. It's not about me getting upset because I feel my "beliefs" or views are under attack. I have no beliefs, ie., views based on no evidence which I accept dogmatically, nor would I try to defend any view against good arguments. I don't "feel sorry" for myself as someone who is being "picked on". Why I get upset with some people is that they engage in the use of ad hominems rather than reasoned argument. Maybe some people can't understand why I would get upset about that but, for me, it's the one thing I do get upset about. I can't stand people who think they are being clever by interjecting themselves into a discussion, offering no evidence or argument, but rely only on abusive remarks, which I assume they think are funny to others on the forum.
08-11-2017, 06:28 AM
Nah, they're just funny. Drinking Beverage