Megalyths and ancient advanced technology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 12:27 PM by Deltabravo.)
RE: Megalyths and ancient advanced technology
Here, again, is the image, from Google, of the cross, to the left of Orion. This is what I can see in the sky right now where I am. You see Jupiter at the top of the cross and two bright stars at the ends of the cross member with a bright star at the bottom:

[Image: stellarium-104a.jpg]
[/quote]

I posted about this a few years ago. It may be that it's much clearer here. I live in Cyprus which is about 150 miles from Syria and this cross formation is not only plainly visible, it knocks your socks off here. Maybe it's the clear skies here, I don't know, but it is a massively obvious star/planet formation which gains prominence now and through the Christmas period.

It's my guess, that's all. The myth theories focus on stars which have prominence around Christmas. What I am saying is that it "may" be that this notion of a messiah was part of a star-based myth of a god represented by the star formation of Orion. It just happens that this star formation gains prominence at the winter solstice when the sun is at it's lowest, ie, is dying, and then it is reborn...

Here is a video which sets out this myth theory:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 12:05 PM
(08-11-2017 12:02 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Here, again, is the image, from Google of the cross, to the left of Orion:

I want you to use paint and draw it on that image. I like many others can't see it at all.

To me, this is one of your connecting the dots (literally in this case) and finding something that doesn't exist and/or is irrelevant.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2017, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 12:46 PM by Deltabravo.)
(08-11-2017 12:05 PM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:02 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Here, again, is the image, from Google of the cross, to the left of Orion:

I want you to use paint and draw it on that image. I like many others can't see it at all.

To me, this is one of your connecting the dots (literally in this case) and finding something that doesn't exist and/or is irrelevant.

You have got to be joking! Which of the four bright stars are you having trouble seeing?

Seriously. lol.

The top of the cross has the word Jupiter next to it. There is an arrow pointing from Jupiter to the star which is at end of the right side of the cross-member of the cross. To the left and up slightly is the left side of the cross member and at the bottom of the image is another bright star...which is the bottom of the cross.

Irrelevant to what, precisely? I show you an image of Orion with a cross formation behind it, which appears at Christmas. That's as far as it goes. So, once you've figured out that there are four stars, are you going to say, no, it's not a cross. I don't see the point of what you are doing here.
08-11-2017, 12:32 PM
(08-11-2017 12:29 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:05 PM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I want you to use paint and draw it on that image. I like many others can't see it at all.

You have got to be joking! Which of the four bright stars are you having trouble seeing?

Still no actual significance to the happenstance alignment.
08-11-2017, 12:41 PM
(08-11-2017 12:29 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:05 PM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I want you to use paint and draw it on that image. I like many others can't see it at all.

I see a diamond and, coming so close to xmas, take it as a sign that the commercial, materialistic view is the correct view of the holiday.

Maybe it is a huge capital N for Noel...

Maybe a kite signifying what anybody that puts any credence in vague shapes made by literally connecting random dots should go fly

whatever it is there is more to come as indicated by the "..." following it

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-11-2017, 12:50 PM
(08-11-2017 12:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:29 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You have got to be joking! Which of the four bright stars are you having trouble seeing?

I see a diamond and, coming so close to xmas, take it as a sign that the commercial, materialistic view is the correct view of the holiday.

Maybe it is a huge capital N for Noel...

Maybe a kite signifying what anybody that puts any credence in vague shapes made by literally connecting random dots should go fly

whatever it is there is more to come as indicated by the "..." following it

Hey, give the man a banana, a kite... He sees it. We have real progress here. Gasp
08-11-2017, 12:52 PM
(08-11-2017 12:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:29 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You have got to be joking! Which of the four bright stars are you having trouble seeing?

Still no actual significance to the happenstance alignment.

So, what "significance" would you expect? It's just a bunch of stars in the sky.
08-11-2017, 12:53 PM
(08-11-2017 12:52 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Still no actual significance to the happenstance alignment.

So, what "significance" would you expect? It's just a bunch of stars in the sky.

We have a meeting of the minds. There's nothing important to say about that shit.

NEXT.
08-11-2017, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 01:38 PM by Deltabravo.)
(08-11-2017 12:53 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:52 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  So, what "significance" would you expect? It's just a bunch of stars in the sky.

We have a meeting of the minds. There's nothing important to say about that shit.

NEXT.

I never said that, in fact, there was. I only ever said that "for me" the possibility that people 2000 years ago "might" have woven some myth around this phenomena was a as good an explanation of the mumbo jumbo in the New Testament as any other. It provides ME with a resolution of the issue without constantly pondering over why people would write about or believe in miracles, crucifixion, resurrection etc. I can put it to bed. Maybe it would help someone else.

There are some optical images you get in magazines, which if you look at them as though you are focusing beyond the page, a hidden image appears. Once you see it, you can put it down, and do something more useful with your life.

Or, you can keep pondering indefinitely over why the hell people are so stupid to believe in something which, frankly, on any other reading, is so stupid that it is really inexplicable how anyone can believe in it, let alone 1.3 billion or so people now alive, and all the rest who went before them.

I mean, you could just give up, call it a load of horse shit, or, on the other hand, you could look for a reason why this story got traction in the first place. Once you find an answer that is satisfactory, for a dumb question, you can put it to bed and not think about it anymore.

Maybe you weren't raised in Christianity or if you were, it didn't bother you how utterly incomprehensible the story of Jesus is and how troubling it is to live among people who not only believe this stuff but believe it absolutely and unquestioningly. One struggles to find an answer to it. I've found one that works for me. That's all I care about. It's ancient dot joining. That's what they did. You have to be a dot joiner to figure it out.
08-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Making shit is doesn't count as evidence.