Megalyths and ancient advanced technology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Megalyths and ancient advanced technology
(09-12-2017 08:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I just saw this video on my Youtube feed. It explains the reason why there are similarities between stonework and megalithic buildings around the world. It is about New Zealand tribes with red hair who have now been found to have some European and Native American DNA. The oral history of these people is that they came from Persia. They migrated, over time, from the Indian Ocean, around the south of Africa and then across the Atlantic to the Americas. From there this civilisation colonised Easter Island and then other Polynesian islands. It's very interesting.

Spoiler...the little people are Welsh.

TV and Youtube have no requirement to be honest, they're there to make money, and like any good whore they'll tell you want you want to hear.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Double post

God never finds you at a good time. You’re never sittin’ courtside at a Knicks game gettin’ a hand job from Halle Berry, God shows up. “Ah, she strokes a good dick, don’t she? I made her! I made your dick, too. Enjoy the game!” - Chris Rock
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2017, 10:50 AM
(09-12-2017 08:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It explains the reason why there are similarities between stonework and megalithic buildings around the world.

Re this, I've heard this so many times: "how come there are pyramids like structure in Egypt/mexico/etc...they must be built by the same people!", when the reality of it is, it was the most efficient way of building things, (in a giant triangle or triangle like shape) at one time. And numerous people around the world, completely unrelated to each other, found that out fairly easily because it's the same as a child building something with blocks for the first time, un-aided. Eventually they can figure it out, because it's a simply idea. Pass that onto a fully grown adult who's job was most likely stone masonry or an older form of the same job, and they could probably figure it out for themselves.

God never finds you at a good time. You’re never sittin’ courtside at a Knicks game gettin’ a hand job from Halle Berry, God shows up. “Ah, she strokes a good dick, don’t she? I made her! I made your dick, too. Enjoy the game!” - Chris Rock
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
11-12-2017, 11:09 AM
(11-12-2017 10:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 08:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It explains the reason why there are similarities between stonework and megalithic buildings around the world.

Re this, I've heard this so many times: "how come there are pyramids like structure in Egypt/mexico/etc...they must be built by the same people!", when the reality of it is, it was the most efficient way of building things, (in a giant triangle or triangle like shape) at one time. And numerous people around the world, completely unrelated to each other, found that out fairly easily because it's the same as a child building something with blocks for the first time, un-aided. Eventually they can figure it out, because it's a simply idea. Pass that onto a fully grown adult who's job was most likely stone masonry or an older form of the same job, and they could probably figure it out for themselves.

And the old "can't get a knife between the stones!" bullshit. I've see that reproduced in a stone quarry near Indiana University. You just put one block on the earlier ones and push it back and forth. The irregularities get ground down quickly. But you never get acute angles.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
22-12-2017, 09:56 AM
The stones weigh tons each. I've never heard of the technique of wiggle waggle before. If you travel through Europe, the stone technology is different from place to place. In Spain, the stone walls are very precisely made, whereas here in the Near East, they are very roughly made. It's not just a matter of technology, but skills and culture. Anal retentiveness about getting lines straight may be part of some cultures whereas others, like here, don't give a fuck, they just want to keep the neighbour's dogs out.
22-12-2017, 10:19 AM
(10-12-2017 08:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 08:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I just saw this video on my Youtube feed. It explains the reason why there are similarities between stonework and megalithic buildings around the world. It is about New Zealand tribes with red hair who have now been found to have some European and Native American DNA. The oral history of these people is that they came from Persia. They migrated, over time, from the Indian Ocean, around the south of Africa and then across the Atlantic to the Americas. From there this civilisation colonised Easter Island and then other Polynesian islands. It's very interesting.

Spoiler...the little people are Welsh.

Wikipedia Wrote:Evidence from archaeology, linguistics, and physical anthropology indicates that the first settlers came from east Polynesia and became the Māori. Language evolution studies and mitochondrial DNA evidence suggest that most Pacific populations originated from Taiwanese aborigines around 5,200 years ago (suggesting prior migration from the Asian or Chinese mainland). These ancestors moved down through Southeast Asia and Indonesia

That doesn't explain the DNA evidence in the video. Most of the inhabitants of that area did come from Asia, but that's not what the video is about. It's about European-looking people in New Zealand who have legends of coming from South America and from Persia, and their DNA confirms that. They came by boat. This is a theory of population spread called "advection",

...though the advection is restricted to the narrow vicinity of waterways in this model, it significantly affects the global propagation speed of agricultural populations. For example, an examination of the 500-year isochrones in the two maps shows that the population has moved approximately 500 km into Africa in the diffusion-only model, but this distance is significantly increased in the diffusion-cum-advection model. The advance of the population over the loess plains of Central Europe along the Danube and Rhine valleys causes the population to reach France, Belgium, and Denmark sooner than in the diffusion-only model. Although “still having suffered a 500-year delay due again to the inhibiting effects of the water barrier” (p. 649), the population front reaches the British Isles and Norway after only 3,500 years, that is 1,500–2,000 years earlier than in the diffusion-only model. These patterns and dates are much more in accord with the radiocarbon dates of archeological finds than those of the diffusion only model. While the authors point out a number of problems with their model, the relative success of the computation that takes into account the advection term, even as it is confined to the close proximity of rivers and coastlines, highlights not only the role of major river paths and coastlines in the advance of farming, but also the importance of advection in modeling human migrations.
http://www.languagesoftheworld.info/bad-...z520VHevnQ
08-01-2018, 12:12 AM
I posted something here a while back about there being a star formation to the right of Orion which resembles a cross. I had looked this up because i wanted to know which stars it was made up of and all I could see was that the top "star" was actually Jupiter. I got a lot of abuse for that because Jupiter moves about. I've looked out every night and this "star" is always in the same place. I can't find a reference in my astronomy books but I've now realised that it isn't Jupiter. Jupiter does seem, from what I've read to align with this star at some point, but it's much brighter than what I've been looking at. It's one of the stars of Gemini, but I can't find any reference to the name of the star anywhere. Anyway, I thought I'd mention that, for what it's worth.
08-01-2018, 02:06 AM
Basic astronomy, dude, basic astronomy!
Sirius is the brightest star in the sky (northern and southern hemisphere), its to the lower left of Orion, which you are staring at. If you spot something brighter than that...then its not a star but a planet. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, all of whom are brighter than Siruius. Or Saturn which is rated among the more bright stars brightness-wise. Mercury and Venus only can be seen at dusk/dawn and low over the horizon, Mars on the other hand appears to be somewhat reddish, unlike a typical star.

Gemini:
There is a limited number of stars you cna see with the naked eye, particularly if you live near a city with light pollution. Below are the most prominent ones.
[Image: Sternkarte_Gemini.png]
[Image: gemini.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
08-01-2018, 08:20 AM
(08-01-2018 12:12 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ...for what it's worth.

zero
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-01-2018, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2018 09:41 AM by Chas.)
(08-01-2018 12:12 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I posted something here a while back about there being a star formation to the right of Orion which resembles a cross. I had looked this up because i wanted to know which stars it was made up of and all I could see was that the top "star" was actually Jupiter. I got a lot of abuse for that because Jupiter moves about. I've looked out every night and this "star" is always in the same place. I can't find a reference in my astronomy books but I've now realised that it isn't Jupiter. Jupiter does seem, from what I've read to align with this star at some point, but it's much brighter than what I've been looking at. It's one of the stars of Gemini, but I can't find any reference to the name of the star anywhere. Anyway, I thought I'd mention that, for what it's worth.

The picture you posted was a falsely enhanced one that highlighted particular stars. That is not what the sky actually looks like which is why no culture in the Middle East or Europe ever associated those stars.

The actual stars (clockwise from top) in those positions are Alhena (in Gemini), Betelgeuse (Orion), Sirius (Canis Major), Procyon (Canis Minor).
A little simple fact checking would have shown you that your dot-connecting was false.

[Image: Orion-scene-winter-Milky-Way-Nov-20_2014S.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]