Megan Phelps-Roper's TED Talk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Megan Phelps-Roper's TED Talk
Great talk on the importance of two-way communication. She's definitely learned a lot since she escaped from her family's cult.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
06-03-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: Megan Phelps-Roper's TED Talk
I'm glad that she changed her ways.

Thank you for sharing.
06-03-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm amazed how can anyone watch this and not see a bit of themselves in it and how we interact on this forum at times?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-03-2017, 11:23 PM
(06-03-2017 10:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm amazed how can anyone watch this and not see a bit of themselves in it and how we interact on this forum at times?

I know. You're talking about Peeb, aren't you?

He's the worst!

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-03-2017, 03:07 AM
I'm sure Megan missed out a great instructions from the Bible and also from her lovely mother. As she pointed out how JESUS defended a woman who was caught in adultery which's my message yesterday's worship service.

JESUS didn't asked anybody to be a believer in Him if she studied an entire NT, when I say like that immediately people may recall what Jesus said in John 3:16 or 6:29 but all of these words of CHRIST has become invalid when He uttered 'you must be a witnesses to me" in Acts 1:8. But unfortunately this was not understood by Megan when she was in WBC. How many years she was in WBC? Ever she considered the need to become a witness of GOD rather than a believer? If she did then she should have become a witness of GOD and testified before the TED audience that there's God and also to the world as well but she missed to become a witness of God which's who's mistake? Its WBC or her mother & family members or elders? if so Megan doesn't have understanding capability?

Like Megan, there're millions left their Church, it's their rights to choose but when they deliberately or ignorantly misunderstand the word of the Holy Bible and parting ways that never ever produce any changes at any time.
07-03-2017, 04:24 AM
(07-03-2017 03:07 AM)William G.Peter Wrote:  I'm sure Megan missed out a great instructions from the Bible and also from her lovely mother. As she pointed out how JESUS defended a woman who was caught in adultery which's my message yesterday's worship service.

JESUS didn't asked anybody to be a believer in Him if she studied an entire NT, when I say like that immediately people may recall what Jesus said in John 3:16 or 6:29 but all of these words of CHRIST has become invalid when He uttered 'you must be a witnesses to me" in Acts 1:8. But unfortunately this was not understood by Megan when she was in WBC. How many years she was in WBC? Ever she considered the need to become a witness of GOD rather than a believer? If she did then she should have become a witness of GOD and testified before the TED audience that there's God and also to the world as well but she missed to become a witness of God which's who's mistake? Its WBC or her mother & family members or elders? if so Megan doesn't have understanding capability?

Like Megan, there're millions left their Church, it's their rights to choose but when they deliberately or ignorantly misunderstand the word of the Holy Bible and parting ways that never ever produce any changes at any time.

Yup. Thats make's sense. Welcomes to TTAs.

No

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-03-2017, 06:58 AM
(07-03-2017 03:07 AM)William G.Peter Wrote:  Like Megan, there're millions left their Church, it's their rights to choose but when they deliberately or ignorantly misunderstand the word of the Holy Bible and parting ways that never ever produce any changes at any time.

[Image: mirror-on-face.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-03-2017, 07:11 AM
(07-03-2017 03:07 AM)William G.Peter Wrote:  I'm sure Megan missed out a great instructions from the Bible and also from her lovely mother. As she pointed out how JESUS defended a woman who was caught in adultery which's my message yesterday's worship service.

[Image: Wat8.jpg?1315930535.cf.jpg]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post