Mein Drumpf is damaged goods.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: Mein Drumpf is damaged goods.
(25-03-2016 08:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're forgetting one thing......

Party loyalists will vote for whoever they're told to vote for.........

Until the primaries are done - they tear each other up.

Once the primaries are over, and they have a "winner" -- they'll all line up to kiss the ass of "the annointed".....

That's both sides, by the way..........................................

Nope. Some of that will happen. But he has pissed off far to much of the minority and female vote he is still playing the old school white tea party base, and that isn't going to cut it.

This will be a Mondale or Dukakis. Some of that lead may shrink during the general, but this wont be anywhere close to Romney or Gore and Bush.

That is why the rest of the GOP is scared shitless of Mein Drumpf getting the nomination.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 08:35 AM
(25-03-2016 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:49 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Nope, he is dead in the water, even female GOP voters are turned off by him. This Jerry Springer act won't get him to the White House.

You're forgetting he's likely to run against Hillary.

Half the Democrats and ALL the Republicans hate her ---so the ( R ) candidate would have to be deceased to lose to her.....

Yay but, Hillary isn't insane. She may have other problems but she's not insane.

That could be her campaign slogan.

Vote for me because....

I'm Not Insane

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-03-2016, 10:45 AM
(25-03-2016 08:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're forgetting he's likely to run against Hillary.

Half the Democrats and ALL the Republicans hate her ---so the ( R ) candidate would have to be deceased to lose to her.....

Yay but, Hillary isn't insane. She may have other problems but she's not insane.

That could be her campaign slogan.

Vote for me because....

I'm Not Insane

Laugh out load A better example of "damning with faint praise" would be difficult to come by!
25-03-2016, 11:55 AM
The idea that the two people who rise to the top in the GOP are Ted Cruz and Donald Trump is scary. The GOP represents a large segment of the American public and that is horrifying.
[+] 8 users Like Black Eagle's post
25-03-2016, 12:31 PM
(25-03-2016 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:49 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Nope, he is dead in the water, even female GOP voters are turned off by him. This Jerry Springer act won't get him to the White House.

You're forgetting he's likely to run against Hillary.

Then Trump must be undead. All the polls for the last few months have shown the same thing. If the election were held today Hilary thrashes Trump. Apparently she's less hated than he is. Again, damned faint praise.

Amusingly, Bernie would destroy him much more thoroughly. If the election were held today Sanders sees a landslide victory the likes of which the US hasn't experienced since Reagan's win over Mondale. Texas ends up a battleground state.

The key phrase is "If the election were held today." A lot can change between now and November. The real danger is a major terrorist attack or downturn in the economy with Trump riding the resulting fear, anger and anti-incumbent vote into the Whitehouse.

I would not want to experience the terror that would be President Trump at the helm of a post-9/11 America.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
25-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Very effective ad.

I'm more likely to vote Trump now.
25-03-2016, 02:00 PM
(25-03-2016 01:42 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Very effective ad.

I'm more likely to vote Trump now.

Aside from the small detail of not being able to vote. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-03-2016, 02:15 PM
(25-03-2016 05:49 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hitler got himself elected............

Anything is possible.

Nope, he is dead in the water, even female GOP voters are turned off by him. This Jerry Springer act won't get him to the White House.

We can fucking hope that the electorate isn't that stupid, but we'll see in another few months.
25-03-2016, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 03:03 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(25-03-2016 12:31 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're forgetting he's likely to run against Hillary.

Then Trump must be undead. All the polls for the last few months have shown the same thing. If the election were held today Hilary thrashes Trump. Apparently she's less hated than he is. Again, damned faint praise.

Amusingly, Bernie would destroy him much more thoroughly. If the election were held today Sanders sees a landslide victory the likes of which the US hasn't experienced since Reagan's win over Mondale. Texas ends up a battleground state.

The key phrase is "If the election were held today." A lot can change between now and November. The real danger is a major terrorist attack or downturn in the economy with Trump riding the resulting fear, anger and anti-incumbent vote into the Whitehouse.

I would not want to experience the terror that would be President Trump at the helm of a post-9/11 America.

General election polls this early are generally wrong. Jimmy Carter was up by 30 points over Ronald Reagan at this stage of the 1980 election. Michael Dukakis had HUGE leads (14-18%) in the polls May-June-July over George H.W. Bush in 1988, and then lost. Bush was up big over Clinton early on and lost. So many things can happen between now and then. A big swing can occur when the VP selection is announced.

I think voter turnout will be key in November. If Clinton wins the Democrat nomination, the under 25 crowd that were only interested in Bernie Sanders could stay home on election day. They are the hardest group to get to show up. If they stay home like they did in the mid terms, the GOP could pick up the white house and more seats in Congress. The dems need the college kids to show up for Hillary. Good luck with that.

Additionally, I don't think Trump or Cruz will be the nominee. Fivethirtyeight predicts that Trump will not get the required delegates to win the nomination. The delegates, after the first vote, will be free to vote for whomever. All of the right wing talk show hosts are predicting a brokered or contested convention. I expect to see Paul Ryan or Kasich as the nominee. Or possibly Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush. No way the establishment let's Cruz or Trump get in there if they don't reach the required delegates. Or they might let Cruz have it over Trump if Cruz agrees to pick Jeb or some other establishment hack on his ticket.

And honestly, even though I like a lot of Trump's proposals, like deporting illegals, building a wall, bringing American companies back from overseas, his campaign is a sideshow. It's reached embarrassing levels. Whatever economic knowledge he has isn't worth the risk. He doesn't have the foreign policy expertise to be president. I'd much prefer a steady hand like Paul Ryan or Kasich. It's hard to run smear ads on a guy like Kasich. His hands are pretty clean.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Trying to predict anything in this election cycle with any certainty based on past experiences or conventional wisdom is guaranteed to make you look like a fool later down the line. There are dozens of media pundits and statisticians who can attest to that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]