Mein Drumpf is damaged goods.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 09:05 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: Mein Drumpf is damaged goods.
(25-03-2016 05:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If anyone thinks he can survive a general with these types of adds which WILL play, you must be smoking something really good.

Maybe it's just because I'm accustomed to Sailors with thick skin, but this shit isn't a big deal to me. Don't think the Navy is a boy's club anymore either, those days are long gone. The female sailors are just as brash as the men and get just as dirty and raunchy, about men, women, whatever.

(25-03-2016 06:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He scared the shit out of the military when he said they *will* do whatever he told them, (illegal or not). He's incapable of not running his mouth inappropriately.
No way he's gonna win ... but the best part is, in the meantime, he (and Cruz) have ripped the Republican party to shreds ... "two birds" and all that. They will be writing books for years, face-palming themselves about why they waited so long to go after him. It's gonna be fun to watch him go down.

Popcorn

And this killed it for the Sailors with potty mouths. No, I can tell you right now he didn't scare anyone. What he did was piss us off. The barrels of guns point in the direction of the enemy, foreign or domestic.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
(25-03-2016 05:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If anyone thinks he can survive a general with these types of adds which WILL play, you must be smoking something really good.

Trump is a pimp. He really is.

I'd also like to point out that, while these women claim to despise him, they would probably fuck him, if given the opportunity to do so. And that's the fault alone of fucking women who are easily blinded by expensive suits and gold and Ferraris and other assorted shiny objects. Women ought to think deeply about this; if Trump couldn't get pussy with this routine, he'd wither away and die.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
31-03-2016, 03:32 PM
What is all this "Drumpf" bullshit? Is that really the best piss-take anyone can come up with?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2016, 03:41 PM
(31-03-2016 03:32 PM)Sam Wrote:  What is all this "Drumpf" bullshit? Is that really the best piss-take anyone can come up with?

Turns out is an earlier spelling of his family name. I prefer "rump" when referencing the Donald.
31-03-2016, 03:57 PM
(25-03-2016 02:16 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 12:31 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Then Trump must be undead. All the polls for the last few months have shown the same thing. If the election were held today Hilary thrashes Trump. Apparently she's less hated than he is. Again, damned faint praise.

Amusingly, Bernie would destroy him much more thoroughly. If the election were held today Sanders sees a landslide victory the likes of which the US hasn't experienced since Reagan's win over Mondale. Texas ends up a battleground state.

The key phrase is "If the election were held today." A lot can change between now and November. The real danger is a major terrorist attack or downturn in the economy with Trump riding the resulting fear, anger and anti-incumbent vote into the Whitehouse.

I would not want to experience the terror that would be President Trump at the helm of a post-9/11 America.

General election polls this early are generally wrong. Jimmy Carter was up by 30 points over Ronald Reagan at this stage of the 1980 election. Michael Dukakis had HUGE leads (14-18%) in the polls May-June-July over George H.W. Bush in 1988, and then lost. Bush was up big over Clinton early on and lost. So many things can happen between now and then. A big swing can occur when the VP selection is announced.

I think voter turnout will be key in November. If Clinton wins the Democrat nomination, the under 25 crowd that were only interested in Bernie Sanders could stay home on election day. They are the hardest group to get to show up. If they stay home like they did in the mid terms, the GOP could pick up the white house and more seats in Congress. The dems need the college kids to show up for Hillary. Good luck with that.

Additionally, I don't think Trump or Cruz will be the nominee. Fivethirtyeight predicts that Trump will not get the required delegates to win the nomination. The delegates, after the first vote, will be free to vote for whomever. All of the right wing talk show hosts are predicting a brokered or contested convention. I expect to see Paul Ryan or Kasich as the nominee. Or possibly Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush. No way the establishment let's Cruz or Trump get in there if they don't reach the required delegates. Or they might let Cruz have it over Trump if Cruz agrees to pick Jeb or some other establishment hack on his ticket.

And honestly, even though I like a lot of Trump's proposals, like deporting illegals, building a wall, bringing American companies back from overseas, his campaign is a sideshow. It's reached embarrassing levels. Whatever economic knowledge he has isn't worth the risk. He doesn't have the foreign policy expertise to be president. I'd much prefer a steady hand like Paul Ryan or Kasich. It's hard to run smear ads on a guy like Kasich. His hands are pretty clean.

Kasich anti abortion stance is his greatest weakness in my opinion.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
31-03-2016, 05:40 PM
(31-03-2016 03:32 PM)Sam Wrote:  What is all this "Drumpf" bullshit? Is that really the best piss-take anyone can come up with?

More importantly, are we all so immature that we have to make such obsessive use of it?

It wasn't particularly funny even when John Oliver said it. It certainly isn't funny now.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
31-03-2016, 08:15 PM
I hope he wins. America deserves Trump.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-03-2016, 08:46 PM
(31-03-2016 05:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

More importantly, are we all so immature that we have to make such obsessive use of it?

It wasn't particularly funny even when John Oliver said it. It certainly isn't funny now.

I would rather see some genuine criticism from the media. Name calling and false reporting only gives the impression that they have no real argument.

Of all the media attention Trump has received, besides the Mexican border wall and banning Muslim immigration, I'm yet to see anyone really look at and talk about his policies... I mean, there must be some reason why he's winning so much support.

I personally consider the man to be an arrogant arsehole... But I don't know enough about his policies to say whether I agree or disagree with him.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2016, 09:07 PM
(31-03-2016 08:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  Of all the media attention Trump has received, besides the Mexican border wall and banning Muslim immigration, I'm yet to see anyone really look at and talk about his policies...

This is because Trump has very few policies. Those that he does have tend to be of the right-wing paranoid power fantasy variety, cranked up to eleven. It's really all he does. He just takes the most batshit insane parts of the Republican party and dresses them up in bombastic speeches, with over-the-top gestures and chants of "BUILD THAT WALL" sprinkled on to taste.

You can find his official list of policies here, but for those who don't care to look, they boil down to: repeal Obamacare, try and bully China economically, overhaul the VA and veterans' health care, simplify the tax code, make concealed carry permits valid in all states, and basically turn the US into an Orwellian police state when it comes to immigration.

There are details thrown on there, of course, but they're of the transparently bullshit variety, the kind that he wouldn't even be capable of figuring out how to do even if he were an actual political genius, like "fix our nation's broken mental health care systems so that gun crimes go down". When they aren't of that stripe, they're either pipe dreams (usually denoted by the phrase "Congressional reform") or actively horrifying. There simply isn't much for the media to criticize, because, when it comes to policies, Trump almost doesn't exist. He's all puffery and no substance.

(31-03-2016 08:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  I mean, there must be some reason why he's winning so much support.

Yes. But it has nothing to do with his policies.

The plain fact is that, if you are very loud and sound very sure of yourself, a great number of stupid people will fall in line without a second thought.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
31-03-2016, 11:44 PM
(31-03-2016 09:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The plain fact is that, if you are very loud and sound very sure of yourself, a great number of stupid people will fall in line without a second thought.

And if you're an unabashed troglodyte lots of other troglodytes will vote for you because you give them a voice.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post