Mein Drumpf is damaged goods.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 07:25 AM
(31-03-2016 09:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 08:46 PM)Sam Wrote:  Of all the media attention Trump has received, besides the Mexican border wall and banning Muslim immigration, I'm yet to see anyone really look at and talk about his policies...

Yes. But it has nothing to do with his policies.

The plain fact is that, if you are very loud and sound very sure of yourself, a great number of stupid people will fall in line without a second thought.

Yes, that's the way to win people over...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Mein Drumpf is damaged goods.
(01-04-2016 07:25 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 09:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes. But it has nothing to do with his policies.

The plain fact is that, if you are very loud and sound very sure of yourself, a great number of stupid people will fall in line without a second thought.

Yes, that's the way to win people over...

It actually is, sadly enough.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2016, 10:19 AM
(01-04-2016 08:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 07:25 AM)Sam Wrote:  Yes, that's the way to win people over...

It actually is, sadly enough.

No, being a condescending, smug twat is unlikely to win anyone over.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
01-04-2016, 10:26 AM
(01-04-2016 10:19 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 08:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It actually is, sadly enough.

No, being a condescending, smug twat is unlikely to win anyone over.

He's not really winning anyone over. All the other condescending, smug twats love him and make as much noise as he does.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(01-04-2016 10:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:19 AM)Sam Wrote:  No, being a condescending, smug twat is unlikely to win anyone over.

He's not really winning anyone over. All the other condescending, smug twats love him and make as much noise as he does.

What I mean is, referring to Trump's supporters as stupid, idiotic, morons is not going to do anything to reduce his support... All it will do is piss people off.

Maybe, just maybe, they are people with genuine concerns, who feel that Trump is actually addressing them. Just a thought...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
01-04-2016, 10:46 AM
(01-04-2016 10:37 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  He's not really winning anyone over. All the other condescending, smug twats love him and make as much noise as he does.

What I mean is, referring to Trump's supporters as stupid, idiotic, morons is not going to do anything to reduce his support... All it will do is piss people off.

Maybe, just maybe, they are people with genuine concerns, who feel that Trump is actually addressing them. Just a thought...

I think there must be a fair proportion of genuine dumbasses though. Seriously, how bright do you have to be to figure out that the guy is a prick who can't possibly deliver on his promises, and who's promises are ill-thought out and likely to fuck the US almost beyond repair?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-04-2016, 10:56 AM
(01-04-2016 10:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:37 AM)Sam Wrote:  What I mean is, referring to Trump's supporters as stupid, idiotic, morons is not going to do anything to reduce his support... All it will do is piss people off.

I think there must be a fair proportion of genuine dumbasses though. Seriously, how bright do you have to be to figure out that the guy is a prick who can't possibly deliver on his promises, and who's promises are ill-thought out and likely to fuck the US almost beyond repair?

The same could be said for any candidate, depending on your point of view.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
01-04-2016, 11:09 AM
(01-04-2016 10:56 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think there must be a fair proportion of genuine dumbasses though. Seriously, how bright do you have to be to figure out that the guy is a prick who can't possibly deliver on his promises, and who's promises are ill-thought out and likely to fuck the US almost beyond repair?

The same could be said for any candidate, depending on your point of view.

Fair point.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-04-2016, 11:27 AM
(01-04-2016 10:37 AM)Sam Wrote:  What I mean is, referring to Trump's supporters as stupid, idiotic, morons is not going to do anything to reduce his support...

I never said it would. And, quite frankly, I'm not bothered with whether or not Trump's supporters are happy with my assessment. I have never claimed to be nice. Just accurate.

Now, are all of Trump's supporters necessarily idiots? Absolutely not, though I do think that every single one of them is currently being, at best, exceptionally foolish with their vote (those who want Trump to win simply for the purpose of "shaking things up" fall pretty neatly under this umbrella, for example).

Is this necessarily a problem exclusive to Trump supporters, or even to the Republican party? Of course not. It is an issue that always has been and always will be present in all political situations everywhere. The plain fact is that alpha-male bravado does have incredible power to hypnotize people. Humans gravitate towards those who appear to be natural leaders, whatever the cause, and without much concern for whether or not what these people say is true or not.

All of the issues that have led to Trump are universal ones. There are idiots and unthinking party-liners in every group. It's just a consequence of the structure of the modern Republican party that has brought these problems to the forefront, and made them more relevant than ever.

And, for the record, I'm not particularly enamored with the modern Democratic party, either. It has more than enough problems of its own to be getting on with (third-wave feminism, the Oppression Olympics, and so on are getting depressingly important over there). It just happens that Trump is the more immediate problem.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
01-04-2016, 11:54 AM
(01-04-2016 11:27 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:37 AM)Sam Wrote:  What I mean is, referring to Trump's supporters as stupid, idiotic, morons is not going to do anything to reduce his support...

I never said it would. And, quite frankly, I'm not bothered with whether or not Trump's supporters are happy with my assessment. I have never claimed to be nice. Just accurate.

Now, are all of Trump's supporters necessarily idiots? Absolutely not, though I do think that every single one of them is currently being, at best, exceptionally foolish with their vote (those who want Trump to win simply for the purpose of "shaking things up" fall pretty neatly under this umbrella, for example).

Is this necessarily a problem exclusive to Trump supporters, or even to the Republican party? Of course not. It is an issue that always has been and always will be present in all political situations everywhere. The plain fact is that alpha-male bravado does have incredible power to hypnotize people. Humans gravitate towards those who appear to be natural leaders, whatever the cause, and without much concern for whether or not what these people say is true or not.

All of the issues that have led to Trump are universal ones. There are idiots and unthinking party-liners in every group. It's just a consequence of the structure of the modern Republican party that has brought these problems to the forefront, and made them more relevant than ever.

And, for the record, I'm not particularly enamored with the modern Democratic party, either. It has more than enough problems of its own to be getting on with (third-wave feminism, the Oppression Olympics, and so on are getting depressingly important over there). It just happens that Trump is the more immediate problem.

Suit yourself.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]