Melbourne Catholic School Censors Health Workbook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Exclamation Melbourne Catholic School Censors Health Workbook
An Australian Catholic school has censored a health workbook, ordering students to destroy a page referring to premarital sex and homosexuality.

The controversy unfolded on the last day of term one at St Francis Xavier College in Berwick [suburban Melbourne], where year 9 students [ages 14-15] were called into their assembly hall and told by Principal Vincent Feeney that they could not leave until they had thrown a page of the textbook in the bin.

Check out the article HERE.
[Image: art_n_golding_1104.jpg]

Principal Feeney said students were asked to remove the page because it referred to issues that would be better handled in religious education classes.

—It should also be noted that in Australia, the government provides financial subsidies to religious-based schools—sourced from consolidated revenue, (taxpayer funding). Churches in Australia also enjoy a tax-free status—which is currently coming under increased negative scrutiny from non-religious taxpayers.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
12-04-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: Melbourne Catholic School Censors Health Workbook
It amazes me how worried some people are about who other people are attracted to/having sex with. As long as it's consensual I simply couldn't care less and I certainly don't want it mandated by any laws, courts, or religious groups.

It seems that there are people who spend a whole hell of a lot more time worrying about what others are doing in their bedrooms than I ever have.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-04-2016, 07:01 AM
Love the accompanying cartoon!

Public funds for a religious school Facepalm
Tax exemption for churches Facepalm
Keeping kids in the dark on sex education Facepalm
Then the kids get pregnant and everyone has a shit-fit Dodgy
Making kids feel weird and repressed about one of the strongest drives animals have Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-04-2016, 09:22 AM
I've been through that mill. Fucken Christees and their bullshit. I actually bought it for a while too. Bit of a lesson in humility, that. Every time I see someone who's fucken dense I've gotta remember that was me, once.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post