• 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Member art
(14-04-2013 04:07 AM)Chaos Wrote:  [Image: P011111_21.45_%5B02%5D.jpg]
[Image: P100412_16.18_%5B04%5D.jpg]
[Image: P150312_22.00_%5B01%5D.jpg]
[Image: P110112_20.36_%5B03%5D.jpg]

They aren't really great, but whatever.

Is the second one from Neverwinter Nights?

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Here's some crap I made in highschool:
[Image: dqU7WQt.jpg]
[Image: 141584_1111092842.jpg]
[Image: j5hdDR5.jpg]
[Image: XrM6gFx.jpg]
[Image: f5RiIuX.jpg]
[Image: js5P94i.jpg]
[Image: ZQCPVF0.jpg]
[Image: TtbjBb5.jpg]
[Image: VS4fsYx.jpg]
[Image: CzgKQK5.jpg]

Then I didn't make anything for about 8 years, then made these last year when I was really into Tribes: Ascend:
[Image: DuUn8Bv.jpg]
[Image: BSKTQeJ.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM
(11-11-2013 09:23 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I recently crocheted a blanket.. Does that count?

Pics or it didnt happen
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
12-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Kay! Here it is on my ugly couch!

(Can you see it? The attachment thingy seems to be acting up on my end..)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 5 users Like Colourcraze's post
14-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Work in progress but nearly finished so here.
Need to redo the railing and change the soles of the shoes to match better.

[Image: 2r5xjz5.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
14-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Got bored and started doodling in MS Paint again.

[Image: Untitled2_zps16b0879c.png]

If I ever get bored I might actually fix the hair, the building perspective, and a couple of other things.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
16-11-2013, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2013 03:13 AM by amyb.)
[Image: spocksbrain1-214x300.jpg]
I made another Spock. You can't have too many Spocks.

Really, I have been working on technique and trying to figure out the best way to fix messed-up ink drawings so that I will have an easier time on actual paid portrait commissions. I tried using white watercolor paint here. Better than the paint pen I was using.
[Image: spock2-2-231x300.jpg]
^Finished drawing of the WIP I posted already.

And just to be really excessive, here's a work in progress of Spock in Star Trek Into Darkness.
[Image: stidspockwip.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like amyb's post
16-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Not mine, but I found this interesting gem. Fit the place, sent some chills up my spine too.

Source: @notahammer on tumblr.

[Image: tumblr_mvpjstXJFV1rdk1oto1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mvpjstXJFV1rdk1oto2_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mvpjstXJFV1rdk1oto3_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mvpjstXJFV1rdk1oto4_500.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
24-11-2013, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 02:39 PM by ghostexorcist.)
This is a digital collage that I created as a part of my final project for one of my anthropology classes. I call it "Cherokee Janus" because the dual nature of the Roman god best describes the Cherokees' historical struggle over identity. The left side illustrates their adoption of white culture, including wearing western clothing and slavery. The white mask is in all indicative of the aura of white civility that they tried to portray, a shield protecting them from discrimination--this was a time when Native groups were being targeted for eradication--and (especially because of the grimace) their negative views towards black people. The right side illustrates their internalization of the hegemonic ideology of "blood quantum," a pseudoscientific measure of blood purity. If one of your parents was Cherokee and the other was white, your blood quantum would be one-half. The increments vary depending on how much intermarriage outside the tribe took place. Some Cherokee consider those with higher levels of native blood to be more "authentic." This is why Cherokee Janus is telling Uncle Sam (the government) that his blood quantum is around the 3/4 mark. Also, blood quantum is used as the basis for determining if someone is able to become a member of the Cherokee Nation. The way to do this is to prove that one of your tribal ancestors was listed on the Dawes Roll (1893-1906), a government census of Native groups. This is why Cherokee Janus is also showing Uncle Sam the name of his ancestor (indicated by the red X) on the document. The latter's stern continuance indicates both the government's negative view of Natives and the stinginess with which they dole out treaty-guaranteed healthcare and financial aid. You can see the full size version here. I primarily used Microsoft paint and a wireless mouse.

[Image: bs9c.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
24-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Some really excellent artists in here!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.