Member art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: Member art
(22-03-2016 02:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 02:30 AM)Loom Wrote:  Since I had nothing better to do since I can't go back to sleep, I decided to kickstart my part of an art trade.

I envy you, I've always had difficulty drawing/painting animals. I don't know why. It takes so much patience to do realist work, something I guess I'll never have. I have a real appreciation for it though.

Very nice. Smile
Don't say that! The trick is to figure out the shapes. Once you can get the basic shapes of an animal/person, it's easier. Try to learn some skeletal and muscular anatomy. Then learn about the finer details on the outside!

I'm still learning to do fur detail. I'm hardly patient enough, either. Practice is a must!

I've been drawing pretty much nothing but canines ever since I could walk, so that's really all I'm good at xD

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
22-03-2016, 04:17 AM
(22-03-2016 03:08 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 02:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I envy you, I've always had difficulty drawing/painting animals. I don't know why. It takes so much patience to do realist work, something I guess I'll never have. I have a real appreciation for it though.

Very nice. Smile
Don't say that! The trick is to figure out the shapes. Once you can get the basic shapes of an animal/person, it's easier. Try to learn some skeletal and muscular anatomy. Then learn about the finer details on the outside!

I'm still learning to do fur detail. I'm hardly patient enough, either. Practice is a must!

I've been drawing pretty much nothing but canines ever since I could walk, so that's really all I'm good at xD

I have been drawing canines for ages. A couple of years ago I started doing felines as well Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Kyx's post
29-05-2016, 11:09 AM
This design of Sun Wukong is more in line with his description from Journey to the West (西游记, 1592). The piece is comprised of 14 different pictures.

I based the body position on the following image.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6387/mit2vH.png

He is doing a flying side kick, which requires the lead foot to be curled towards the inner ankle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flying+s...wQ_AUIBigB

I originally intended on making a larger piece where Monkey was fighting a demon. I'll get around to that later. I'm thinking about adding a mandorla halo behind him in another version to signify his divinity.

[Image: aXzyFb.png]
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
30-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Here's a version with the mandorla and a Buddhist rosary. I'm not entirely satisfied with the halo, but it serves its purpose.

[Image: ZirnT0.png]
30-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Wow so many talent people on this forum. I'm trying to find something to share that I have on this computer, I have mostly schoolwork on here. A couple of years ago I had a packaging design class and we had to redesign a pencil package. I ended up going with watercolor pencils and this is the graphic art I made for it:

[Image: penpack_frontart-Medina_zpsxeoznqva.jpg]

[Image: finalpic1_zpss7hcggzi.jpg]

I think I'd like to complete more digital watercolor paintings since this one turned out pretty nice. I just need the motivation.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like SitaSky's post
30-05-2016, 08:28 PM
(30-05-2016 08:26 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Wow so many talent people on this forum. I'm trying to find something to share that I have on this computer, I have mostly schoolwork on here. A couple of years ago I had a packaging design class and we had to redesign a pencil package. I ended up going with watercolor pencils and this is the graphic art I made for it:

I think I'd like to complete more digital watercolor paintings since this one turned out pretty nice. I just need the motivation.

Gorgeous work!
30-05-2016, 08:43 PM
(30-05-2016 08:28 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 08:26 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Wow so many talent people on this forum. I'm trying to find something to share that I have on this computer, I have mostly schoolwork on here. A couple of years ago I had a packaging design class and we had to redesign a pencil package. I ended up going with watercolor pencils and this is the graphic art I made for it:

Gorgeous work!

Thanks! Blush

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
30-05-2016, 09:21 PM

Wowzers, that is gorgeous! Love the color combination! Get-a-goin! You should be happy making this level of art, and even get some moolah for it.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-05-2016, 09:55 PM
[Image: untitled_drawing_by_vhoa-da4jm7d.png]

Do any of you guys recognize this character? Tongue

Hint: Miyazaki.

I love his drawing style so I tried to emulate him. This is still in the works, I havd more to add to it ^^

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
30-05-2016, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2016 10:03 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(30-05-2016 09:55 PM)Loom Wrote:  [Image: untitled_drawing_by_vhoa-da4jm7d.png]

Do any of you guys recognize this character? Tongue

Hint: Miyazaki.

I love his drawing style so I tried to emulate him. This is still in the works, I havd more to add to it ^^

It could be the mom from Princess Mononoke, but I don't remember her having two tails (I could be wrong, though).