RE: Member art
Great job!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Very nice work, Loom. Do you have a deviantart?

The following is homework for a beginner's photoshop class I'm taking at the Art Academy of Cincinnati. The assignment was to replicate a magazine cover of our choosing (even down to the typeface) and then add our own touches. I chose to imitate the July 2010 edition of Nat Geo depicting the skull of Ardipithecus ramidus. I went with the Codex skull from the film Man of Steel (2013). I know the biotech is absorbed into Superman's body as a child (according to the film's fictional universe), but the magazine is a sort of "What if?" situation where the skull was taken to Earth and later analyzed by human anthropologists.

[Image: xLmus0.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-02-2017, 09:40 PM
[Image: _wild_dog__by_oo_kiri_oo-dazfw7o.jpg]

Started strong but then got lazy Tongue

I might retouch this later.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 5 users Like Loom's post
17-02-2017, 09:41 PM
(17-02-2017 06:47 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Very nice work, Loom. Do you have a deviantart?

The following is homework for a beginner's photoshop class I'm taking at the Art Academy of Cincinnati. The assignment was to replicate a magazine cover of our choosing (even down to the typeface) and then add our own touches. I chose to imitate the July 2010 edition of Nat Geo depicting the skull of Ardipithecus ramidus. I went with the Codex skull from the film Man of Steel (2013). I know the biotech is absorbed into Superman's body as a child (according to the film's fictional universe), but the magazine is a sort of "What if?" situation where the skull was taken to Earth and later analyzed by human anthropologists.

[Image: xLmus0.png]

http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/

Just started it so not much yet!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
16-03-2017, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2017 08:45 AM by houseofcantor.)
My life is art. Laugh out load

[Image: wNKPZuU.png]

Being all meta and shit.

[Image: 2ZxgOYI.png]

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-04-2017, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 02:46 PM by ghostexorcist.)
The teacher of my intermediate photoshop class challenged the students to make a cover for a classic book. I made one for the titular novella. It's supposed to be a photograph of Jekyll/Hyde in mid-transformation. A local book club is holding a community gallery of such covers. I'll find out later if mine was chosen.

[Image: CDtl0h.png]
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-04-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure how well this will work but I recently tried making a book online of early photos from the making of my garden. I'd be interested if anyone else can access it besides me from this url. If it works for you the way it does for me, when you go there you'll first see the company's logo as a flipping book while my file loads. Then you can leaf through it as you like. It's pretty simple.

https://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/inte...mK4wXkUjgU

The cover is pretty plain.

[Image: 33731522001_081b08bd0e.jpg]

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
11-04-2017, 04:16 AM
A processed photo.

[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
11-04-2017, 06:38 AM
(11-04-2017 04:16 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  A processed photo.

Wow, I'd hang that right now as is. Got to go back to see if you have finished pieces here.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
11-04-2017, 06:43 AM
(10-04-2017 09:38 PM)whateverist Wrote:  I'm not sure how well this will work but I recently tried making a book online of early photos from the making of my garden. I'd be interested if anyone else can access it besides me from this url. If it works for you the way it does for me, when you go there you'll first see the company's logo as a flipping book while my file loads. Then you can leaf through it as you like. It's pretty simple.

https://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/inte...mK4wXkUjgU

The cover is pretty plain.

[Image: 33731522001_081b08bd0e.jpg]

Idk if this is still of any help but it worked for me.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post