Member art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 06:49 AM
RE: Member art
This was an assignment for my intermediate photoshop class. I never finished it while the course was running, but the teacher was very happy with what I showed him at the time. I finally found the time to complete it.

I wanted to do a different version of Medusa than one normally sees. Ancient records portray her as a great beauty with bird wings and snake hair. This is why I didn't portray her with a serpentine lower half. I wanted her sensual female form to be the focus of the piece. I didn't do the wings, however, because they would have obscured the soldier. In their place I added the glowing cobra hood pattern to show that she is still a monster. In place of a mop of snakes, I gave her dreadlocks with serpents issuing forth from the tips. Dreads obviously have a snake-like quality.

I originally wanted to add aged pillars and torches to the walls, but I'm a lazy. I may get around to this in the future. The cave seems kind of bland.

[Image: Q30Ecq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
05-06-2017, 07:18 AM
@ LOOM -

Love that spirited away picture! By any chance, could you drawer something similar but with the Dragon from Dragon Ball/z/GT/Super ? I'm a big Dragon Ball and am looking for a sketch to have as a tattoo, although haven't found a decent one yet, and your drawings are amazing Smile

No worries if not, thought it's worth asking though Smile

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 07:51 AM
(05-06-2017 06:49 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This was an assignment for my intermediate photoshop class. I never finished it while the course was running, but the teacher was very happy with what I showed him at the time. I finally found the time to complete it.

I wanted to do a different version of Medusa than one normally sees. Ancient records portray her as a great beauty with bird wings and snake hair. This is why I didn't portray her with a serpentine lower half. I wanted her sensual female form to be the focus of the piece. I didn't do the wings, however, because they would have obscured the soldier. In their place I added the glowing cobra hood pattern to show that she is still a monster. In place of a mop of snakes, I gave her dreadlocks with serpents issuing forth from the tips. Dreads obviously have a snake-like quality.

I originally wanted to add aged pillars and torches to the walls, but I'm a lazy. I may get around to this in the future. The cave seems kind of bland.

That's really nice!
05-06-2017, 09:30 AM
A processed photo from Walden Pond.

05-06-2017, 11:05 AM
(05-06-2017 07:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  @ LOOM -

Love that spirited away picture! By any chance, could you drawer something similar but with the Dragon from Dragon Ball/z/GT/Super ? I'm a big Dragon Ball and am looking for a sketch to have as a tattoo, although haven't found a decent one yet, and your drawings are amazing Smile

Sure! I love doing dragons, 'specially the twisty ones Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
05-06-2017, 12:09 PM
(05-06-2017 07:51 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 06:49 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This was an assignment for my intermediate photoshop class. I never finished it while the course was running, but the teacher was very happy with what I showed him at the time. I finally found the time to complete it.

That's really nice!

Thank you
06-06-2017, 02:32 AM
(05-06-2017 11:05 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  @ LOOM -

Sure! I love doing dragons, 'specially the twisty ones Tongue
Awesome! Thank you Smile Bowing

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
22-06-2017, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 07:24 PM by ghostexorcist.)
I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a box of baby wipes featuring a little girl in a posture similar to the Pale Man monster from Pan's Labyrinth. It just screamed for a parody. I didn't give her long black finger tips as I figured this would be something that comes with age.

[Image: se0sXP.png]

The original.

[Image: o5In5N.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-07-2017, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 03:00 PM by Loom.)
The ancient Road Runner

[Image: image.jpg]

(totally not procrastinating on Shen Ron)

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
14-07-2017, 02:54 AM
Amazing as always loom Smile

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post