Member art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 06:49 AM
RE: Member art
This was an assignment for my intermediate photoshop class. I never finished it while the course was running, but the teacher was very happy with what I showed him at the time. I finally found the time to complete it.

I wanted to do a different version of Medusa than one normally sees. Ancient records portray her as a great beauty with bird wings and snake hair. This is why I didn't portray her with a serpentine lower half. I wanted her sensual female form to be the focus of the piece. I didn't do the wings, however, because they would have obscured the soldier. In their place I added the glowing cobra hood pattern to show that she is still a monster. In place of a mop of snakes, I gave her dreadlocks with serpents issuing forth from the tips. Dreads obviously have a snake-like quality.

I originally wanted to add aged pillars and torches to the walls, but I'm a lazy. I may get around to this in the future. The cave seems kind of bland.

[Image: Q30Ecq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
05-06-2017, 07:18 AM
@ LOOM -

Love that spirited away picture! By any chance, could you drawer something similar but with the Dragon from Dragon Ball/z/GT/Super ? I'm a big Dragon Ball and am looking for a sketch to have as a tattoo, although haven't found a decent one yet, and your drawings are amazing Smile

No worries if not, thought it's worth asking though Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 07:51 AM
(05-06-2017 06:49 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This was an assignment for my intermediate photoshop class. I never finished it while the course was running, but the teacher was very happy with what I showed him at the time. I finally found the time to complete it.

I wanted to do a different version of Medusa than one normally sees. Ancient records portray her as a great beauty with bird wings and snake hair. This is why I didn't portray her with a serpentine lower half. I wanted her sensual female form to be the focus of the piece. I didn't do the wings, however, because they would have obscured the soldier. In their place I added the glowing cobra hood pattern to show that she is still a monster. In place of a mop of snakes, I gave her dreadlocks with serpents issuing forth from the tips. Dreads obviously have a snake-like quality.

I originally wanted to add aged pillars and torches to the walls, but I'm a lazy. I may get around to this in the future. The cave seems kind of bland.

That's really nice!
05-06-2017, 09:30 AM
A processed photo from Walden Pond.

05-06-2017, 11:05 AM
(05-06-2017 07:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  @ LOOM -

Love that spirited away picture! By any chance, could you drawer something similar but with the Dragon from Dragon Ball/z/GT/Super ? I'm a big Dragon Ball and am looking for a sketch to have as a tattoo, although haven't found a decent one yet, and your drawings are amazing Smile

Sure! I love doing dragons, 'specially the twisty ones Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
05-06-2017, 12:09 PM
(05-06-2017 07:51 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 06:49 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This was an assignment for my intermediate photoshop class. I never finished it while the course was running, but the teacher was very happy with what I showed him at the time. I finally found the time to complete it.

That's really nice!

Thank you
06-06-2017, 02:32 AM
(05-06-2017 11:05 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  @ LOOM -

Sure! I love doing dragons, 'specially the twisty ones Tongue
Awesome! Thank you Smile Bowing

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
22-06-2017, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 07:24 PM by ghostexorcist.)
I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a box of baby wipes featuring a little girl in a posture similar to the Pale Man monster from Pan's Labyrinth. It just screamed for a parody. I didn't give her long black finger tips as I figured this would be something that comes with age.

[Image: se0sXP.png]

The original.

[Image: o5In5N.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-07-2017, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 03:00 PM by Loom.)
The ancient Road Runner

[Image: image.jpg]

(totally not procrastinating on Shen Ron)

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
14-07-2017, 02:54 AM
Amazing as always loom Smile

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post