Member art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Member art
(28-07-2017 08:11 AM)Fireball Wrote:  WOW! That's gorgeous!

Thank you Smile

(28-07-2017 08:25 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Beautiful drawing and high level of difficulty...light and moisture. I don't use colored pencils often but when I do it's just childlike "add color" crudeness, there wouldn't be any subtle color mixing. I have taken to Gimp (photoshop knockoff) a bit and use it for some coloring, but I don't aspire to get good at it, it's just not going to happen.

Thank you so much. It's a lot of layering (10-15 layers everywhere) of different colours. Because the pencils are translucent you can mix colours like that.
I use Gimp too, but not for creating art, I just use it for editing reference photos and such.

(28-07-2017 04:28 PM)Loom Wrote:  Gorgeous work. The shading, tones, and texture are all spot freakin' on! I can't do realism at all, it's so tedious Tongue

Thank you Smile It does take a lot of time and fiddling with little details. This drawing is about A4 size and took me about 50 hours. But I enjoy that process, so I have fun with it.

(28-07-2017 04:38 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Get out of here! That was done with colored pencils? You are a friggin genius.

Hahaha. Don't know that I'm a genius. I'm far from the only one using this medium, it's becoming quite popular. Artist quality coloured penceil are a bit different from your average "childrens" pencils. They have more and better pigment and they layer and blend better. So it's starting to become a recognized fine arts medium.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
29-07-2017, 11:08 AM
"The Process of Creativity" hanging on my bedroom wall.

[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
08-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Will do more touching up but I made a custom Nether Portal from Minecraft.

[Image: Nether_Portal0005.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-08-2017, 01:48 PM
(08-08-2017 01:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Will do more touching up but I made a custom Nether Portal from Minecraft.

Nice! Stupid question but what do you use to make a picture like that?
08-08-2017, 01:50 PM
(29-07-2017 11:08 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  "The Process of Creativity" hanging on my bedroom wall.

Very Magritte! Well done.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
08-08-2017, 02:14 PM
(08-08-2017 01:48 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 01:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Will do more touching up but I made a custom Nether Portal from Minecraft.

Nice! Stupid question but what do you use to make a picture like that?

Cinema 4D

[Image: Untitled.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Story pending

[Image: guardians_of_the_forest_by_oo_kiri_oo-dbiwj9k.png]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
08-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Is your intention to develop the character in some kind of comic or webcomic?
08-08-2017, 07:28 PM
(08-08-2017 05:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Is your intention to develop the character in some kind of comic or webcomic?

A book Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
11-08-2017, 01:06 AM

[Image: Nether_Portal0005.jpg]

Very cool. Where does it lead?